Pick Results: NE: 31.9% at KC: 68.1%
Sun
Oct 4th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

PP2

Pro Bowl Player
The affair made me angry at first and now it makes me sad. These kids came to the us 10 years ago and went to school here, that is about as Americanized as it gets for a foreigner. So who brainwashed them or how did they brainwash themselves into committing this act and then going on a murderous/suicidal run? The real monsters are the brainwashers.
They were here as long as five years ago and by all definitions were unrooted, did not make many friends, and felt isolated, shut out (per their internet rants) so this most likely was misdirected adolescent rage that simply found an outlet in Islamic extremism. This isn't something they thought out very carefully.

I don't mean to humanize them in any way, but let's not give islamic extremism any more power than it deserves. The reality is that Islamic extremism is a very small group of people, and a very small, radical, fringe element of Islam.

belichick010405

Closed Acccount
They were here as long as five years ago and by all definitions were unrooted, did not make many friends, and felt isolated, shut out (per their internet rants) so this most likely was misdirected adolescent rage that simply found an outlet in Islamic extremism. This isn't something they thought out very carefully.

I don't mean to humanize them in any way, but let's not give islamic extremism any more power than it deserves. The reality is that Islamic extremism is a very small group of people, and a very small, radical, fringe element of Islam.
PP - Suspect #2 is supposedly a student at UMass-Dartmouth so if he is indeed a student over there, I would like to think that he had friends. FWIW - his father also thinks that he is a medical student even though UMass-Dartmouth has no medical school.

Observer

In the Starting Line-Up

I agree with everything you said. I just put much much greater blame on the ones that preach extremism than these misled youth that went out to kill and die for it.

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
So in your opinion hitler was not the real monster?
I've literally never seen so many logical fallacies committed in ten words than I do here. To respond to your irrelevant question, Hitler was a monster. That doesn't mean that we should excuse and feel sorry for the SS.

Observer

In the Starting Line-Up
I've literally never seen so many logical fallacies committed in ten words than I do here. To respond to your irrelevant question, Hitler was a monster. That doesn't mean that we should excuse and feel sorry for the SS.
I don't care about formal logic here, you know my point. I don't wish to continue this bickering with you.

belichick010405

Closed Acccount
Ok - CNN has done something right. They are able to confirm that Suspect #2 was a UMass-Dartmouth student. Damn.....That hits close to home.

KDPPatsfan85

In the Starting Line-Up
This is ironic....

the deceased suspect became a US citizen September 11, 2012 according to Pete Williams NBC news.

Zeke Miller ‏@ZekeJMiller 6m
RT @nbcnightlynews: Deceased suspect became U.S. citizen on September 11, 2012 - @PeteWilliamsNBC via @jonathan4ny

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
PP - Suspect #2 is supposedly a student at UMass-Dartmouth so if he is indeed a student over there, I would like to think that he had friends. FWIW - his father also thinks that he is a medical student even though UMass-Dartmouth has no medical school.
I'm guessing he was pre-med, then, and the father doesn't understand the unusual US distinction of having undergrad before med school.

shmessy

Northern VA/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
How much can two guys carry while they carjack somebody, then throw stuff out the car window at cops, then get into a shootout?

I'd think he'd be running a little low after all of that, but who knows. Maybe he just has a vest left. I wish he'd go ahead use it while nobody was around.
I don't care about his life at this time, but I do care about his HUMINT - - - and so should you.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Scanner: Female in Watertown texting her mother that she is being held my a male with a gun #boston

mb6592

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
The reality is that Islamic extremism is a very small group of people, and a very small, radical, fringe element of Islam.
May be irrelevant, really, when you consider the amount of destruction that even a small number of adherents can inflict. In the end, relevance will be determined by the frequency of these attacks and the citizens' tolerance for watching their loved ones choose between jumping out of a burning skyscraper instead or burning alive or having to watch their kids slaughtered while attending kindergarten (e.g. Beslan school massacre).

Status
Not open for further replies.