Reaction score
Brady is 3-0 in the Playoffs vs a Team that was ranked #2 or better on defense

The teams were - the 2004 Eagles,the 2004 Steelers,the 2014 Seahawks

All 3 games net Brady a 100+ Passer rating

Brady's Stats from these games....

vs. 2004 Steelers - 14-21 for 207 yds - 2 TDs - 0 INTs - 67% comp. rate
vs 2004 Eagles - 23-33 for 236 yds - 2 TDs - 0 INTs - 70% comp. rate
vs 2014 Seahawks - 37-50 for 328 yds - 4 TDs - 2 INTs - 74% comp. rate

Not that these previous games mean all that much,but from the stats themselves it appears Brady has handled superior defenses in the playoffs very well with a very respectable completion rate so expect another carefully played game by the G.O.A.T. with safe passes avoiding danger and probably stays totally away from the side of Ramsey who will likely shadow Gronk and hopefully our other receivers can catch what is thrown their way!

I do see Cooks and Hogan's success as w ell as our RBs on the passing game (White,Burkhead) as key to Moving on to the SB

Last edited:
A dominant running back was there in 2004, Dillon, hence the lower passing yards. The pats have a pretty dominant rb now, Lewis, to keep the d honest. Looks good

Film study, game planning and preparation are the keys.. no team does this better than the Patriots..

A dominant running back was there in 2004, Dillon, hence the lower passing yards. The pats have a pretty dominant rb now, Lewis, to keep the d honest. Looks good

I am shocked at Brady's passing numbers from the 2004 game. All I remember from the game is that first bomb to Branch and the reverse by Branch that went for a TD - where he was waving to everyone. I would have sworn he threw for over 300+ yards. Don't remember Dillion having a monster game - not like the game before were he killed Indy.

I have a good feeling that our defense is going to win this game for us. We could benefit from a turnover or two.

thats how I feel. I trust brady getting more points against the jags defense, than Bortles/fournette scoring on the pats.

I cant see Bill letting fournette and play-action beat them...which is what the jags want to do

this reminds me of the texans game last year in the divisional round abit. ok-offense that wants to run with an ok QB, and a strong defense. brady looked downright mortal at times and threw 2 picks, but by the end of the game they couldn't hang with the pats for 60 minutes.

alot of people are comparing the jaguars to the giants or seahawks...but Russell wilson/eli manning/flacco whatever you want to say about them can make tough throws at times. Can Bortles? I dont think he is in their league

Brady is 3-0 in the Playoffs vs a Team that was ranked #2 or better on defense

The teams were - the 2004 Eagles,the 2004 Steelers,the 2014 Seahawks

All 3 games net Brady a 100+ Passer rating

Brady's Stats from these games....

vs. 2004 Steelers - 14-21 for 207 yds - 2 TDs - 0 INTs - 67% comp. rate
vs 2004 Eagles - 23-33 for 236 yds - 2 TDs - 0 INTs - 70% comp. rate
vs 2014 Seahawks - 37-50 for 328 yds - 4 TDs - 2 INTs - 74% comp. rate

Not that these previous games mean all that much,but from the stats themselves it appears Brady has handled superior defenses in the playoffs very well with a very respectable completion rate so expect another carefully played game by the G.O.A.T. with safe passes avoiding danger and probably stays totally away from the side of Ramsey who will likely shadow Gronk and hopefully our other receivers can catch what is thrown their way!

I do see Cooks and Hogan's success as w ell as our RBs on the passing game (White,Burkhead) as key to Moving on to the SB

That’s only because 2nd ranked teams never have good defense’s. Good defenses don’t make the playoffs.

I have a good feeling that our defense is going to win this game for us. We could benefit from a turnover or two.

I think they will force Bortles to beat them, and he won’t be able to do it. I’m going with 3 picks for Bortles.

alot of people are comparing the jaguars to the giants or seahawks...but Russell wilson/eli manning/flacco whatever you want to say about them can make tough throws at times. Can Bortles? I dont think he is in their league

It's really more about the defenses, I think. The Giants front 7 in 2007 had a lot more to do with NY winning than Eli chucking it a few times and praying. Bortles is in that league, it's just really not a very good one.

Brady has never lost in playoffs to a team that didn't play against the Patriots in the regular season. Thats all I need to know.

Actu
Actually Dillon had decent games in those 2004 games - 73 yards with a TD vs Pitt and 75 yards with a TD vs Philly but it really was the defense that won those games for them and it will have to be the defense that wins this one because I don't see a lot of scoring from the Pats in this next game,some are looking at the Jags giving Pitt 42 points last weekend and going off that,I certainly don't expect anything near those numbers in this game - this will be a low scoring affair with the winning team probably not topping 20 or so.

I do not need to say what I think about this... :cool:

I believe the team that score the most points in the game will win.

And I would bet money that Tom Brady can score more points, and women, than Blake Bortles.

I am shocked at Brady's passing numbers from the 2004 game. All I remember from the game is that first bomb to Branch and the reverse by Branch that went for a TD - where he was waving to everyone. I would have sworn he threw for over 300+ yards. Don't remember Dillion having a monster game - not like the game before were he killed Indy.

He also had the flu. Was a classic, early era efficient brady game with playaction established early.

Actu

Actually Dillon had decent games in those 2004 games - 73 yards with a TD vs Pitt and 75 yards with a TD vs Philly but it really was the defense that won those games for them and it will have to be the defense that wins this one because I don't see a lot of scoring from the Pats in this next game,some are looking at the Jags giving Pitt 42 points last weekend and going off that,I certainly don't expect anything near those numbers in this game - this will be a low scoring affair with the winning team probably not topping 20 or so.

That was back in the day when the pats ran clock and didn’t throw 45+ times like it was a race.

Hence, the d was always rested and helped out by that.

I thought someone posted in one of the other threads that Tom was 3-1 against #1 ranked defenses in the post-season. I'll see if I can find it.

That was back in the day when the pats ran clock and didn’t throw 45+ times like it was a race.

Hence, the d was always rested and helped out by that.
Running burns clock. Burning the clock is not the same as actual time. In actual time the choice to run vs pass makes no difference in the defenses time to rest in between offensive sets. 1st downs by the offense are the thing that gives defenses rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes