PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady will not shut up since leaving the Patriots

It'll be interesting to see, years from now, whether Brady made more money from football contracts, or business contracts (including the sales and equity value of TB12 plus the usual endorsements, etc.).
I still find it fascinating how testosterone-fueled-football-god Tom F-ing Brady married a bad-ass, cat-walk struttin' ruthless businesswoman goddess worth $600m.

Holy **** there are really still people who blame Giselle for ruining our manly man Tom and turning him into some pretty boy. The man from So Cal, who kissed his dad on the lips, who called everyone “babe” for years, yeah Giselle really ruined him. They started dating when he was 29 and since then he has gone to 7 Super Bowls and won 4 of them.

I don’t know Brady personally. Obviously. But in a forum full of Pats “fans” it’s AMAZING how little you Haters apparently know about the dude. Yeah he kept his private life pretty close to the vest for the first eight or so years of his career. But holy crap, guess what, from the moment he won that first Super Bowl he dove head first into the high flying jet setting celebrity lifestyle. There are many Derek Jeter like stories about his personal life prior to Giselle. He was NEVER the ideologized emotionless football robot eating sleeping and breathing the game 24/7 until the evil witch Gisele sunk her claws into him that you imagined him being. Which is fine as hell! Who cares?!

And btw, Giselle isn’t some arm candy model. She’s a ruthless powerhouse brand name who started from relatively humble beginnings and is bigger internationally than Tom. If you don’t see the attraction beyond just her looks you’re an idiot.

I will say I love Tom Brady, the football player. TB12, the brand manager, not as much.

That’s fine. I get that, but:

No one cared too much about his TB12 stuff as long as he was winning games for the Patriots, and it’s not like he’s been amping up his brand marketing since he left. His book came out in 2017, and though many of us objected to (and still do) some of the more outlandish claims, no one was calling him out for “no longer being Brady” when he was winning MVP and Super Bowls here.

And for people who say he’s different now than in 2003, gee, do you really think so? A guy at age 25 is different 18 years later? Already heard about how he sold out to Hollywood in 2007 when he married Giselle and why that cost the Patriots their soul and two SB losses. Meanwhile, the stories from his Bucs teammates and Bucs brass, sound a hell of a lot like previous Patriots team comments. And some fans here sound a hell of a lot like the bitter, jealous fans from the past who call him a sellout, phony, etc. pointing to vague (at best) reasons.

And finally, I’d say about TB12, at least he really believes in it. He’s not pitching Coors Lite and Papa John’s. Like his fitness stuff, hate it, think some of it is a crock…whatever. But bottom line is that it’s like a religion to him, and it has worked for him. If people don’t want to buy it, don’t buy it. An athlete starting a side business or endorsing a bunch of products is normal stuff.

Oh, endorsements are fine. I just think there's real danger in what he's promoting. I have a problem with bad science. I've had a problem with it since it first started coming out. This is not new for me, at least. Even when he was on the team, I didn't like what he was selling.

He's a little annoying now true lol

Oh, endorsements are fine. I just think there's real danger in what he's promoting. I have a problem with bad science. I've had a problem with it since it first started coming out. This is not new for me, at least. Even when he was on the team, I didn't like what he was selling.
Can you expand on what you think is bad science?

Can you expand on what you think is bad science?
I will. There's a huge industry that caters to a few million people with health advice and products that are based in ancient superstitions and terrible research. It preys on the manufactured sense of insecurity about body, looks, and mortality. Giselle has bought in to a lot of it as has Brady's health advisor (name I forget). They mix all this crap in with a few bits of good advice and science, and make billions on it, and do a lot of environmental destruction along the way while contending that they are green.

Here's a good example: goop | A modern lifestyle brand.
Some reference material: The Beauty Myth Summary - eNotes.com

In the larger context, this is a significant piece of Giselle's legacy.

And yeah, she's strong, focused, smart, determined, and thus very good at it.

I will. There's a huge industry that caters to a few million people with health advice and products that are based in ancient superstitions and terrible research. It preys on the manufactured sense of insecurity about body, looks, and mortality. Giselle has bought in to a lot of it as has Brady's health advisor (name I forget). They mix all this crap in with a few bits of good advice and science, and make billions on it, and do a lot of environmental destruction along the way while contending that they are green.

Here's a good example: goop | A modern lifestyle brand.
Some reference material: The Beauty Myth Summary - eNotes.com

In the larger context, this is a significant piece of Giselle's legacy.

And yeah, she's strong, focused, smart, determined, and thus very good at it.
Ok. But what specifically are you referencing in terms of the science being bad? I mean a lot of people practice superstition/rituals/spirituality as a a part of mental health. It works for some quite well.

So much Small **** Energy in this thread from the usual suspects.
Northeastern US sports fans are notoriously terrible, but Boston teams might have the most fickle fan bases on the planet. I think we’ve, sadly, overtaken Philly. They’ll always worship Foles for one title. TB12 helped give us 6 and a generous portion of the fan base trashes him the moment he leaves.

1) Drinking water to excess. The amount he recommends (1/2 your body weight in oz of water. That is, if you weigh 200 lbs, you should drink 100 oz of water) could lead to hyponatremia. This is where you have thrown your body's salt levels off to the point your cells stop working.

2) That this excessive hydration helps prevent sunburns.

3) That you need additional electrolytes beyond what we already get through regular diet.

4) An 'alkaline' diet when you can't do much of anything to shift your blood pH.

5) Endorsement of a product from Alex Guerrero said to prevent concussions. This supplement does not.

This takes us to his buddy, Alex Guerrero.

1) He calls himself a doctor. He is not.

2) He promoted a supplement that was supposed to cure everything from cancer to Parkinson's to AIDS. It does not.

Maybe the OP could shift focus to the Red Sox who are in first place in the AL East and just swept the Yankees. He will be happier and have lots of opportunities to stoke outrage with the guys in the bullpen who oddly draw energy from unrelenting trolldom.

32 days until Training Camp open to fans begins.

Ok. But what specifically are you referencing in terms of the science being bad? I mean a lot of people practice superstition/rituals/spirituality as a a part of mental health. It works for some quite well.
Most of the things championed and sold under this umbrella cite some "scientific" study or make a case that sounds research based, when its not.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back