PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady "Pleads the 5th" when asked if he feels appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

catent

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions

This is very relevant and should put out some of the hysteria this thread induced in posters, myself included.

That said, why would Brady make the comment re: pleading the fifth, especially in light of his other comments, which were much more positive and encouraging in nature?

So he feels respected by Belichick and believes Belichick is the best coach for him, but he's unsure if he feels appreciated? Again, I would question if feeling appreciated is really all that important.

I still think the lack of appreciation stems from Guerrero issues, but whatever. The above context certainly makes me feel better but I don't think Brady's comments are any less miscalculated, or to put it more bluntly, dumb in the above context.

HailHydra

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reactions
All Brady needs is a hoodie and we have Belichick 2.0

Boston Boxer

U.S. Air Force Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
wish he would have said something before we traded Jimmy G

supafly

Eff you, Shula
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Looks like Tommy is packing away the avocado ice cream, this offseason.

Angelpats

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reactions
wish he would have said something before we traded Jimmy G

You guys need to get off jimmys wagon. He’s not on this team anymore. Didn’t really do anything to garner your undying love. He would have likely said worse than pleading the fifth. Get over it already. Every thread about Brady usually contains a Jimmy lovefest.

In regards to the quote. The disregarded quotes are just as relevant. It’s just the mediots trying to stir the pot. I’m glad BB rides Brady hard. And judging by what Brady said he appreciates it more than anyone. It’s what have given us 5 superbowls.

Observer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
I think I can read between the lines here. Saying that BB is the best coach but he does not feel appreciated by BB are perfectly compatible statements. I have a feeling that Brady thinks he is not appreciated because BB is probably treating him as though he is completely dispensible. What wickersham wrote about BB wanting to trade Brady and keep Garoppolo could actually be 100% correct.

jri37

On the Game Day Roster
Reactions
TB's last 2 extensions happened prior to free agency. At the end of the 2016 season I believe both sides said they would revisit Tom's contract at the end of the 17 season. I'm starting to think besides the lame drama supposedly going in Patriot Place there could be some perceived lack of appreciation based on money also.

Clonamery

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
I think I can read between the lines here. Saying that BB is the best coach but he does not feel appreciated by BB are perfectly compatible statements. I have a feeling that Brady thinks he is not appreciated because BB is probably treating him as though he is completely dispensible. What wickersham wrote about BB wanting to trade Brady and keep Garoppolo could actually be 100% correct.
Read the full transcript.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
“He is the best for me”
Debunks everything you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 3-3, Jackson Released, Salary Cap Grows 
Saturday Morning Notebook 3/2: News and Notes
Patriots Part Ways With CB J.C. Jackson
Friday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 3/1: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 2/29: News and Notes
Wasting Their Time? Bill Belichick’s Final Year Ends With a Poor Grade by NFLPA
Wednesday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 2/28: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s 2024 Combine Press Conference 2/28