PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady out of the Pro Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Well there is another thing to be bummed about, It was the only reason to watch it... Seymoer is the only Pat there... Sucks... I know the pro bowl is a joke, but it least would have been nice to see him there...

I bet the shoulder needs some work????? He got progressively worse during the season. That shoulder might need a scope again.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had it done already and the Pats are keeping it HUSH HUSH!!!!!

there's a pro bowl formula

Bella*chick said:
Any reason why?
for QBs, there's some combination of players' voting, coaches' voting, and QB ratings.
i think it says a lot about the AFC that brady doesn't get selected. there a re 4-5 pro bowl QBs in the conference, and a few more right on the cusp. aside from our pride & joy, ol' peyton, who do ya leave out?
i seem to remember that our boy brady played last year as a replacement altho he wasn't elected. it's typical of him that he doesn't complain about it. he possibly doesn't even care either way.
some players love the trip, they take their families out, the make it a vacation.
others see it as a huge injury risk for nuthin'.
i wonder if the NFL still makes pro bowl players sign this incredible statement releasing the nfl of liability if they get injured. yeah, we all know the nfl's a little short on cash. gotta save wherever possible. supposed tagiaabur was really upset after the robert edwards thing, and he may have changed the policy in an orgy of recklesness.

ilduce06410 said:
for QBs, there's some combination of players' voting, coaches' voting, and QB ratings.
i think it says a lot about the AFC that brady doesn't get selected. there a re 4-5 pro bowl QBs in the conference, and a few more right on the cusp. aside from our pride & joy, ol' peyton, who do ya leave out?
i seem to remember that our boy brady played last year as a replacement altho he wasn't elected. it's typical of him that he doesn't complain about it. he possibly doesn't even care either way.
some players love the trip, they take their families out, the make it a vacation.
others see it as a huge injury risk for nuthin'.
i wonder if the NFL still makes pro bowl players sign this incredible statement releasing the nfl of liability if they get injured. yeah, we all know the nfl's a little short on cash. gotta save wherever possible. supposed tagiaabur was really upset after the robert edwards thing, and he may have changed the policy in an orgy of recklesness.

He was in the Pro Bowl. He has left for injury.

Guys who are mildly banged up opt out of the pro bowl every year, it's just not worth the risk, especially if you're a guy who's been there a few times already.

I just heard on WEEI that Seymour is out of the probowl too. The Steeler's Casey Hampton is his replacement.

DefenseRules said:
I just heard on WEEI that Seymour is out of the probowl too. The Steeler's Casey Hampton is his replacement.
:confused: Injury related as well?

........or did Belichick have to ground the team from Pro Bowl participation for their performance in Denver? Y'know... kinda like not letting the 14 year old go to the JR High dance because of that "C" he just brought home? :mad:

Last edited:
Zero Patriots. That's OK because they are not about Pro Bowl appearances.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Well there is another thing to be bummed about, It was the only reason to watch it... Seymoer is the only Pat there... Sucks... I know the pro bowl is a joke, but it least would have been nice to see him there...

Yeah - and let's thank our lucky stars that Tedy Bruschi and Robert Edwards were able to make it out there.

Are you ****ting me????? I'd be rippedsh1t if Seymour and Brady DIDN'T come up with a lame excuse not to go.

There is NOTHING good that comes of the Pro Bowl. Absolutely nothing. Its a joke and should be banned before more players ruin their careers.

They mentioned on FSNE that Tom Curran is saying it could be a lower abdominal injury for Brady and he was advised not to play. More to come in the ProJo I'm sure.

JoeSixPat said:
Yeah - and let's thank our lucky stars that Tedy Bruschi and Robert Edwards were able to make it out there.

Are you ****ting me????? I'd be rippedsh1t if Seymour and Brady DIDN'T come up with a lame excuse not to go.

There is NOTHING good that comes of the Pro Bowl. Absolutely nothing. Its a joke and should be banned before more players ruin their careers.

I tend to agree. There was a time 30 years ago where players cared about the Pro Bowl as a game, beyond just being named all-pro. Now, the quality of play is a joke, barely above flag football. Watch the defense on extra point attempts -- they just stand there, the linemen don't even get down in a stance. I say stop playing the game and have some sort of ceremony to replace it.

Tunescribe said:
There was a time 30 years ago where players cared about the Pro Bowl as a game, beyond just being named all-pro.

There was? Really?

This is normal to expect Brady and Seymour not to play. They both finished the season nursing injuries. Both have multiple Pro Bowl appearances already. No one in that situation goes.

Doesn't everyone remember the late 80s/early 90s when the AFC always had the same 3 of 4 guys at QB every year - Elway, Marino, Moon and Kelly. And when you turned on the game Dave Krieg was always playing because minimum one of those 3 bowed out.

Yea!!!!!! I'm so glad that the two of them will rest and recover from this season, ready to be hungry for the next!

T-ShirtDynasty said:
:confused: Injury related as well?

........or did Belichick have to ground the team from Pro Bowl participation for their performance in Denver? Y'know... kinda like not letting the 14 year old go to the JR High dance because of that "C" he just brought home? :mad:
lol..dat is funny ! :D

i remember a few of you saying awhile back that you hoped brady and seym. would sit out... im glad they are.
didnt get to the superbowl, dont need to go to the pro bowl. i dunno, just my hardcore view :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back