PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewwho

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Did anyone get a chance to listen to Brady on the morning show? Excellent interview. He is so down and bummed I almost felt bad. He said that the int he threw would stay with him for the rest of his life and he only slept 2 hours in the last two nights.

He went on to praise the defense and the offense and of course his coach. He said to watch out for them next year...

I wouldn't expect anything less. He was a, maybe the, major factor in losing the chance at history. Who knows if the Colts still would have lost if we'd won, both teams mentalities would have been different - but as of now we would have been hosting Pittsburgh which is very favorable to us.

I would want no other QB than Brady QBing my team. But he blew a chance at absolute imortality and it should haunt him for a long time.

BelichickFan said:
I wouldn't expect anything less. He was a, maybe the, major factor in losing the chance at history. Who knows if the Colts still would have lost if we'd won, both teams mentalities would have been different - but as of now we would have been hosting Pittsburgh which is very favorable to us.

I would want no other QB than Brady QBing my team. But he blew a chance at absolute imortality and it should haunt him for a long time.

Jesus, thanks Mr. Positive. He is already probably going to go down as the best QB the game has ever seen. This may provide for even MORE drive. But I hope, as a person, it doesn't haunt the poor man for the rest of his life.

BelichickFan said:
But he blew a chance at absolute imortality and it should haunt him for a long time.
He blew his chance to be the first QB to lead a threepeat in the Super Bowl and his chance to keep a perfect post-season record.... but the dude is still going to be an immortal in the annals of sports history when it's all said and done. :D

He did say that he knows this experience will ONLY make him better!
Loved that quote! He is already taking about what he plans to work on this year to improve!!!!

GO PATS! The Dynasty LIVES

BradyisGod said:
Jesus, thanks Mr. Positive. He is already probably going to go down as the best QB the game has ever seen. This may provide for even MORE drive. But I hope, as a person, it doesn't haunt the poor man for the rest of his life.
I said I wouldn't want any other QB. It is what it is. He choked for the first time ever. I said before the game, we would win if we stopped the run and if Brady didn't have his first ever bad playoff game. He had his first bad playoff game. That's OK, no-one is perfect. And Brady will get over it. But it happened. I guess you can deny it but it still happened.

I'm glad he feels that way, but you know what, he never has to win another SB again. Not to say that he won't, but he has done enough as a Patriot QB, that as long as he has 5 more years like he has had (statistically), he is a guaranteed Hall of Famer. And he is already a living legend in New England, who probably has at least 5 more good years in him. I predict he wins at least 1 more SB, but if he doesn't, he already has done enough to be a Patriots legend. The best Patriot's QB of all time, and one of the NFL's greatest QB's of alltime. No INT can take that away from him. He is 10-1 alltime in the playoffs with a 3-1 TD to INT ratio (15-5). 3 SB wins in 5 years, and 2 SB MVP's, I'm sure he will be back better than ever, and he may even have a running game next year. This is just a small speedbump in the road to greatness.

Drewwho said:
He did say that he knows this experience will ONLY make him better!
Loved that quote! He is already taking about what he plans to work on this year to improve!!!!
As I said in another thread, as much as it's killing us it has to be killing the team 100 times more. I love Brady. 100%. More if possible. But he had a bad season on the road, more INT than TD. It was not all his fault. He needs a real running game. He needs a better #3 WR or a better #2 WR. And he needs Graham and Watson both healthy more of the time. That's why I'm arguing in the draft thread for WR not a Safety.

scott99 said:
I'm glad he feels that way, but you know what, he never has to win another SB again. Not to say that he won't, but he has done enough as a Patriot QB, that as long as he has 5 more years like he has had (statistically), he is a guaranteed Hall of Famer. And he is already a living legend in New England, who probably has at least 5 more good years in him. I predict he wins at least 1 more SB, but if he doesn't, he already has done enough to be a Patriots legend. The best Patriot's QB of all time, and one of the NFL's greatest QB's of alltime. No INT can take that away from him. He is 10-1 alltime in the playoffs with a 3-1 TD to INT ratio (15-5). 3 SB wins in 5 years, and 2 SB MVP's, I'm sure he will be back better than ever, and he may even have a running game next year. This is just a small speedbump in the road to greatness.
I agree... everybody seems to have forgotten that the man won not only 2 Super Bowl MVPs, but one when he was in his first year as a starter (and he didn't start for like 3 games, or whatever it was). He's an amazing quarterback and considering what he strengths and weaknesses are, he's only going to get better with age.

Brady will remember that throw and this game especially 3 years from now when the pats are on their way to being the first team ever to win 3 in a row :)

I said it before I'll say it again..Jordan has missed critical shots, Gretzky has missed gimme goals, Babe Ruth has struck out..there is no sports "immortal" that hasn't messed up..the fact that the one int is going to haunt him actually gives me a peace...knowing that a kid who is already destined to go to canton and be called one of, if not the best qb ever, a kid with 3 rings (while mr. "I had protection problems, we had some protection problems..but i am still a good team mate =)" peyton has cough cough 0) is letting one bad playoff decision effect him like that only shows how much emotion he plays with and how serious this game is to him. Brady can be an ******* and be like oh well theres next year, ive already won 3 and dominated the league and i am not even in my prime yet, this isnt my fault..but he doesnt, he let's it bother him, he let's it fuel himself to get better and improve his almost flawless gameplay.. Let's face it, more players would act hurt for messing up and real sorry..but a week later they have huge smiles on there faces on boats filled with prostitutes..saying "play? what play? You see this paycheck?!?" but not brady..i am truley believe brady is staying up all night cringing as flashbacks of the ball falling into baileys hands replay over and over and over again..and when he is saying watch out next season...oh boy...i cant wait =P

Holy smoke, some of you are saying that his mistake ended his chance for a possible three-peat and will never approach that opportunity again, I won't be surprised if three years from now we're talking about another possible three-peat by the Pats:D

I don't think it was a choke. Just a bad throw. He has nothing to hang his head about,he is a football god to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back