PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady moves out of his NE Home or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Brady kinda set those terms up last negotiation, to not be franchised and he can opt out of the agreement and be a restricted free agent.
If there has been no extension by 4pm on March 17th, Brady is a totally unrestricted free agent when the new league year starts and free agency opens on March 18th.

(And there's no opt-in/opt-out. The contract by its own terms self-destructs when the league year ends. Even if Brady wants to play out the existing contract, he cannot. The only Brady-on-Patriots options are an extension before 4pm March 17th or a brand new contract after that, with the difference being that an extension results in $6.75mil dead money hits in 2020 and 2021 on top of the cap hit from the extension while a brand new contract results in a $13.5mil dead money hit in 2020 on top of the cap hit from the new contract.)

And, if Brady really does move on, I want the Patriots tospend whatever they need to get Tua. If the team is moving to a running offense, then having a running QB would be very helpful. :)

Didn't Tua sustain a freaky, serious injury this season? I guess if they're confident he can fully recover with zero long term risks associated with that injury, and Brady really does move on, then yea they should basically do whatever it takes to get the future QB like a Tua

Unfortunately that would also mean depleting most of their draft capital, so there would still be big holes elsewhere but they could address those over the 2 seasons when Brady's cap hits come off the books and you're paying a rookie QB salary

Would likely mean at least 1 year of "rebuilding," although I don't think it would be anywhere near as bad as most teams "rebuilds", we could still be competitive in our division

I did some research when they bought the Greenwich house...and that house is only a 25 minute helicopter ride to Gillette....and both locations have helipads....

It is a longer drive from Brookline to Foxboro....

In addition, Brady lived in L.A. for years too...didn't affect anything.....

its good to be filthy rich! great info, thanks for sharing

Makes me a bit more optimistic

So does this mean that Tom and Giselle Brady drop to the bottom of the waiting list for suites at Gillette?

Giselle and her super model buddies are gonna have a great time up in the 300 seats with us next season. I can hear @Joker saying, "Ma'am, may I brush off your seat?"

@Joker then proceeds to dust off his face

not funny...and I have a cat

If NE were his first choice, it would be unlikely that he'd sell his home and move into a new one out of state.
Unless after the Florida asian spa fiasco Giselle told Tom, "I really don't want to be Early Birds next door neighbor, he's always trying to kiss me and I find him to be repulsive." This could be as accurate as the rest of the wanton speculation.

So he moved to another state in New England and Alex Guerrero got a new message table, so what?

So he moved to another state in New England and Alex Guerrero got a new message table, so what?

And Alex sold his house and moved to..........................

PLYMOUTH, MASSACHUSETTS!

So you just know that proves Brady is going to be playing somewhere outside of New England this season, even though it would seem to indicate precisely the opposite.

How is Alex going to do that vigorous high thigh rub from Plymouth?

If there has been no extension by 4pm on March 17th, Brady is a totally unrestricted free agent when the new league year starts and free agency opens on March 18th.

(And there's no opt-in/opt-out. The contract by its own terms self-destructs when the league year ends. Even if Brady wants to play out the existing contract, he cannot. The only Brady-on-Patriots options are an extension before 4pm March 17th or a brand new contract after that, with the difference being that an extension results in $6.75mil dead money hits in 2020 and 2021 on top of the cap hit from the extension while a brand new contract results in a $13.5mil dead money hit in 2020 on top of the cap hit from the new contract.)

Translation: Any Patriots deal that makes financial sense must occur by 17 March.
If not, he's a goner.

Just strategy: “I mean business” blah blah.

I just hope they don't let this linger until 24 hours before. The longer they wait, IMO, the more he's gone. Start talking sooner than later to get things going. Kraft should be able to do that. BB I mean, who can get a read on that guy. I'm not even convinced he doesn't want Tom back. Of course he has a number in mind but he's not an idiot be's not going to ask Tom to play for 15 mil, and he can't be in any kind of rush to rebuild. Does he think a guy like Andy Dalton makes them better? I mean...I can't see any reality where he thinks that but who the heck knows. Could it be Tom really is insisting on a 2 year deal and it's really all about that? I think they could get in a room and make that work if that's the case. It's just strange and there's so much guessing because of the nature of how BB does business. He won't say anything. It's almost like a standoff now for no reason. Tom won't say he wants to be back even though he says he loves it here, and Bill says nothing.

This my fear, too. I have this terrible feeling the Patriots are going to treat TB12 like they do most free agents and then come back with their tail between their legs bemoaning that he signed somewhere else with sources leaking that the team is “shocked.” If they aren’t talking to him now and trying to make this work, then I really get the sense this is going to end badly. They lost out on deals with both Humphries and Cook last offseason because they decided to make an offer when it was too late. This is despite both players having two days of legal tampering and even a lot of time after that. I can somewhat understand the Cook situation, but it was implied they also didn’t bother communicating too much with Gronk which caused the bottleneck to begin with.

Anyway, if Brady leaves, New England is no longer a destination atop wish lists for free agents. They are just another team in the hunt. Maybe Belichick can restore that aura again quickly but who knows. Brady could likely get a lot of good veteran players to follow him to another organization. It seems like Tom is, and has been, the attraction for coaches and players in New England for quite some time. I don’t know if the Patriots brass realizes the big picture from outside their bubble. I sure hope they do.

I did read your posts. Everyone understands that things are set up in such a way that Brady may not return to the Patriots. That the family bought a house in Connecticut does nothing to change that, one way or the other.

I mean, you do know that the very same family once owned a home in California, right?

It makes the theory even more silly. You’d think he’d wait another few months and then buy a home in his new work place. He may or may not leave, but buying a home in CT seems irrelevant at worst, more likely he is staying at best.

I don’t believe the Patriots will ever find another quarterback who’s great and hangs around on a discounted contract

Never mind finding an all time great one that does that

I don’t believe the Patriots will ever find another quarterback who’s great and hangs around on a discounted contract

Never mind finding an all time great one that does that

Agreed in practice.
However, there are people to whom absolute $ money is not of importance.
Bruschi could have made much more money. Was not a major factor for him.
I was in high tech and could have made lots more money taking certain jobs. Wasn't even tempted. Had enough & did what I wanted to do. Zero regrets. OK, most people aren't that way. But some are.

Will it matter? I mean, you'll have that ignore feature fixed by then, won't you?

I guess people are mad at you for following through on your word? Deflategate caused many of us to pledge we will not care much or financially support this corrupt league once we’ve finished watching TB12 exact his revenge. You’re not alone.

Agreed in practice.
However, there are people to whom absolute $ money is not of importance.
Bruschi could have made much more money. Was not a major factor for him.
I was in high tech and could have made lots more money taking certain jobs. Wasn't even tempted. Had enough & did what I wanted to do. Zero regrets. OK, most people aren't that way. But some are.
Great points PWP. Quarterbacks may be a little different but I’m hoping you’re right

I’ll be 61 in 11 days, so no ones knocking down my door with a better offer. But I’m paid enough. Just wish it was enough to retire before 66!

One day a time...

No need to worry. Only a fool would let Brady go and I don't think Kraft would be that foolish.

Am I the only one who thinks that Brady still has IT and if he had anything around him this year that he could have done IT again?
I think Brady was part of the problem for the offense, how much a role injury played in that I don't know. I say offer him 2 years, $32M fully guaranteed. If not thanks for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots