PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Hand Injury News, Tweets, etc. (Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Stewart‏Verified account @IAmJamesStewart
Felger on Brady injury: “No fracture. No ligament. Just a cut from hitting the buckle on someone’s helmet. Four stitches around the knuckle, should not affect him.

^^^Consider the source and the vermin relaying it, but still.

Hitting his hand on someone's helmet? I thought they said his hand got jammed during a hand-off.... I know Lewis is short, but he's not a midget....

So, to consolidate all of the reports, Brady had a cut on his knuckle requiring 4 stitches, a serious cut to a finger requiring 12 stitches, a splint on his thumb, and a dislocation that left bones sticking out through the flesh of his fingers. Also, he wears gloves.

Did I miss anything?

You missed my pet theory based on nothing more than it could have happened -that Brady might have ripped up the thumb nail off its bed to some degree.

That or his thumb got turned into a newt by a witch.

Bledsoe is the honorary capt...Maybe we could trot him out again....

(I jest!!!)

There is no way that the knuckle cut Felger described is accurate. Why the hell would Brady miss practice all week for that?

I know, Armageddon, right? :eek:

/sarcasm o_O

Armageddon-800x497.jpg

Bledsoe is the honorary capt...Maybe we could trot him out again....

(I jest!!!)
They should have kept him all along. Bledsoe beats the Giants.

For what it's worth, Felger was the beat writer for the Pats for a long time, so I'm sure he has connections. Also, it does seem plausible that a cut requiring 4 stitches can be caused by a player's helmet buckle smashing into his knuckle. As for whole week, he practiced Wednesday, and the "Limited" part was AFTER the injury (i.e. he didn't practice the whole time). Thursday he didn't throw (probably due to stitches). Today we don't know yet, injury report out at 4:00, so anyone saying DNP is flat out wrong. Lastly the glove is probably covering the bandage over the stitches, so the exact finger can not be identified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes