PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady got 27 PI calls in 2020, Mahomes got 4, only 1 other QB has got as many as 20 in like last ten years or something

I'd be interested to see what the defensive holding calls were per team and would wager that KC would be near the top.

It’s only an issue if a significant amount of those are really borderline . Otherwise not much to conclude, they have great wrs who are also physical beasts, makes sense they could draw lots of pi’s. Kc s only great wr gets his jersey from baby gap
That's correct, Mike Evans alone drew a bunch. DBs can't keep up with him so they hold him. Also, the no risk it no biscuit deep routes influenced it.

Don't know why KC is complaining, they had one of the highest DPI penalties called against them. Ward was the worse.

I'd be interested to see what the defensive holding calls were per team and would wager that KC would be near the top.
They are, #3 I think.

Brady got 27 PI calls in 2020, Mahomes got 4, only 1 other QB has got as many as 20 in like last ten years or something.

I am huge Brady and Pats fan, from Boston, but is there any legitimate complaint here? 27 PI for Brady. Second closest in NFL accord to these clowns on CHiefs Planet was the Steelers with 19. Mahomes got 4, again just according to these guys I have no articles or anything

And supposedly only like one other QB has had as many as 20 in like a decade.

Is there something about how intelligent Brady is that he throws people into PI? I am being sincere just curious what smart football fans (i'm a hack) think.
You mean the site that posted these winners:

20210210_112227.jpg

20210209_234619.jpg

I’d like to see Mike Evans stats including those drawn penalties.

I’d like to see Mike Evans stats including those drawn penalties.
led the league

1. M. Evans 9 / 171
2. C. Claypool 8/185
3. T Hilton 8/98
24. S Miller 4/101

basically deep routes.

Godwin had 1

led the league

1. M. Evans 9 / 171
2. C. Claypool 8/185
3. T Hilton 8/98
24. S Miller 4/101

basically deep routes.

Godwin had 1
I knew it. Was watching a recap of the games and remember seeing a bunch being called on Evans. He's like a dpi magnet.

I'm convinced that long dpi in the SB on Evans where he gets tripped was planned by Brady. You can see as soon as Evans feels the CB touch his back leg, he dives. It was perfect in real time.

When you listen to several of the skill players on the group call say how Brady was calling all week breaking down tape and getting detailed on each player, saying "this guy likes to grab..."

Brady was targeting these guys with Evans. Smart.

led the league

1. M. Evans 9 / 171
2. C. Claypool 8/185
3. T Hilton 8/98
24. S Miller 4/101

basically deep routes.

Godwin had 1

It's not a coincidence. Evans is a beast and loves going for 50/50 balls and Brady knows it and throws to him and it psyches out defenders who grab.

Watch this post-Superbowl interview of Evans and they ask him how's he feeling even though he only caught 1 catch in SB and he said what about the penalties I drew? So he sees it as his yards and I am sure so does the team.

He says it right at the end.

wasasamadda....no new deflation theories or cell phone records ? Really...posting sub-mongoloidal comments from a neolithic message board makes even Rat fan look intelligent...

When you have good WR's and chuck the ball up like Brady did, you'll get the calls.

Flacco would be proud lol. But honestly, that system was a good thing for Brady. He is reluctant to throw deep and the Bucs demanded that he did so. At first it was rough and lead to much media discussion about how Arians is using Brady wrong etc, but eventually they melded and it was like Brady became addicted to throwing it deep. In one of the Buc's playoff games(can't remember which one atm) Brady stuck to the run on first down no matter how ineffective it was in a way I haven't seen here pretty much ever. Commitment to the deep ball and run was like yin to Brady's yang that he needed.

We needed the Bucs version of Brady for guys like Harry who is a 50/50 or draw pi guy but that isn't our thing under McDaniels.

comparing Harriet to Evans LOL

Brady got 27 PI calls in 2020, Mahomes got 4, only 1 other QB has got as many as 20 in like last ten years or something.

I am huge Brady and Pats fan, from Boston, but is there any legitimate complaint here? 27 PI for Brady. Second closest in NFL accord to these clowns on CHiefs Planet was the Steelers with 19. Mahomes got 4, again just according to these guys I have no articles or anything

And supposedly only like one other QB has had as many as 20 in like a decade.

Is there something about how intelligent Brady is that he throws people into PI? I am being sincere just curious what smart football fans (i'm a hack) think.
Go ***** on the Bucs forum about this. He isnt the Patriots QB anymore.

In both 2018 and 2019, the KC Chiefs and Mahomes got more DPIs for them than Brady and the Patriots.

So... there goes that theory.

Their top 3 wideouts were Evans, Godwin, and AB. Then you have Scotty Miller who runs a ton of vertical routes. Those routes have a higher probability for DPI based on the mere trajectory of the football. On top of that, Brady has always been good at finding DPI or illegal contact/defensive holding and throwing in that direction. How many times have we seen an INT or an incomplete pass and the camera pans back at him, not worried, pointing in the direction of the penalty?

The Patriots get all the calls

My
Flacco would be proud lol. But honestly, that system was a good thing for Brady. He is reluctant to throw deep and the Bucs demanded that he did so. At first it was rough and lead to much media discussion about how Arians is using Brady wrong etc, but eventually they melded and it was like Brady became addicted to throwing it deep. In one of the Buc's playoff games(can't remember which one atm) Brady stuck to the run on first down no matter how ineffective it was in a way I haven't seen here pretty much ever. Commitment to the deep ball and run was like yin to Brady's yang that he needed.

We needed the Bucs version of Brady for guys like Harry who is a 50/50 or draw pi guy but that isn't our thing under McDaniels.
My understanding of this was that Brady worked with Leftwich to change Arian’s system to allow him to work inside and under coverage more while continuing t throw downfield regularly.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back