PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady’s best throws?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uptown

Standin' Pat
Reaction score
What’s up peeps? I saw an interesting comment on Bleacher Report regarding what Brady thought his best throws of his career were. Not sure how accurate this is, but it seems as though he listed throws to Brown vs MIA in OT 2003 & 4th down to Gronk in the 2015 AFCCG vs DEN. What do you think his best throws are?

A few of mine are:

-SB 51 OT: 2nd & 4 to Amendola
-SB 51 4th Q: 3rd & 10 to Hogan (while in end zone)

-2015 AFCCG to Gronk on 4th down (Both)
- 4th Qt AFCCG vs Jags 3rd & 18 to Amendola
- 2014 Divisional vs Ravens to LaFell
-2004 AFCCG vs PIT to Branch
- 2013 vs NO to Tompkins with seconds on clock
-2017 vs HOU to Cooks with seconds on clock

Last edited:
This won’t get any mention because it’s preseason but against the Rams I believe tom fell down to avoid the sack , got back up before he was touched and fired a back shoulder completion to crumpler for a 1st down.

Off hand I’d say converting 3 consecutive 3rd and 10’s in last year’s AFCCG come to mind.

And to show I don’t suffer from recency bias, the TD pass to David Patten in SB36 was a helluva pass to a well covered WR in the back corner.

I posted this in the casual thread, but will put it here as well.

My top 4, in no order, would be

1. Throw to LaFell against BAL in 2014 Divisional Round.
2. The 3-14 throw to Edleman against SEA
3. Throw to Branch with 12 secs left against CAR in SB 38
4. Throw to Amendola @14:25 in OT against ATL

Not a game winner or anything but that rainbow throw he made against Miami last year to White a split second before getting crushed was beautiful. Lead him into the corner giving him enough room to easily secure the catch.

Everything considered? The throw in my sig. If we are only considering the beauty of the throw, then it would be the one to Lafell in the 2014 Divisional. Another one that I never see anyone talking about is the game winner to Gaffney against the Ravens in 2007. That was a laser to the back corner of the end zone.

There were many more “we need this” throws in his career (mentioned 3rd & 14 to #11 was huge), but I think my fav is still the long bomb to Branch vs Pitt. “Not today, Steelers, not today...”

Last edited:
Everything considered? The throw in my sig. If we are only considering the beauty of the throw, then it would be the one to Lafell in the 2014 Divisional. Another one that I never see anyone talking about is the game winner to Gaffney against the Ravens in 2007. That was a laser to the back corner of the end zone.
Yep! Totally forgot about the ‘07 Gaffney TD catch.

My favorite was the game winner to Thompkins vs. the Saints. I was watching that game in Lake Charles, Louisiana at the house of one of the guys in our fantasy football league. A bunch of us were watching on his patio, and his neighbor's feed was about 7-8 seconds slower because you could hear them cheering when something good happened for New Orleans but it was always delayed. Well, almost all of us were pulling for the Pats. Mostly Cowboys and Texans fans there rooting against the Saints just to give the guy a hard time. (My pulling for the Pats is obvious) We went nuts when Thompkins caught the TD, and I always wondered if his neighbor got excited by the sound of that just to be crushed seconds later....

My favorite was the game winner to Thompkins vs. the Saints. I was watching that game in Lake Charles, Louisiana at the house of one of the guys in our fantasy football league. A bunch of us were watching on his patio, and his neighbor's feed was about 7-8 seconds slower because you could hear them cheering when something good happened for New Orleans but it was always delayed. Well, almost all of us were pulling for the Pats. Mostly Cowboys and Texans fans there rooting against the Saints just to give the guy a hard time. (My pulling for the Pats is obvious) We went nuts when Thompkins caught the TD, and I always wondered if his neighbor got excited by the sound of that just to be crushed seconds later....
Legend has it that his neighbor took his own life that night.

His best throw was during the last drive in Super Bowl 42 that Randy Moss alligator armed it. He was beaten up all game, yet launched 70+ yards in stride to Moss. Yep, I just went there.

That would’ve been a legendary throw and catch had Moss made a better attempt at it. I still can’t get over that.

I posted this in the casual thread, but will put it here as well.

My top 4, in no order, would be

1. Throw to LaFell against BAL in 2014 Divisional Round.
2. The 3-14 throw to Edleman against SEA
3. Throw to Branch with 12 secs left against CAR in SB 38
4. Throw to Amendola @14:25 in OT against ATL

I'll Take #2 Please thank you.:cool:

His best throw was during the last drive in Super Bowl 42 that Randy Moss alligator armed it. He was beaten up all game, yet launched 70+ yards in stride to Moss. Yep, I just went there.

That would’ve been a legendary throw and catch had Moss made a better attempt at it. I still can’t get over that.
He didn’t alligator arm it. He just didn’t jump for it. Even considering the fact that he made those types of acrobatic catches seem routine throughout his career, that would have been a tough one. He was going full stride downfield and it was double coverage. It would have been difficult if not damn near impossible for him to jump backwards.

Eh....that would've been a tough catch for any receiver to make. Pats should've never let it come down to that though. When you think of it, the three SB losses have ended with a hope and prayer hail mary.

The most important throw imo was 3rd and 14 to Edelman in SB 49. If they fail to convert, BB has one heck of a decision to make.

The Brady to Cooks toe-tap game winner with 00:23 left vs. the Texans was pretty great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down