Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs Jets
Pick Results: NYJ: 2.1% at NE: 97.9%

Sun
Oct 24th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

ArchAngel007

In the Starting Line-Up
Hello fellow Patriots fans. I've been binge reading for the past 3 months or so and have been greatly enamored with all I've learned. Do you guys have any books that you personally recommend? It doesn't have to be a specific subject either just some books you guys would recommend. Thanks in advance and God bless

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Hello fellow Patriots fans. I've been binge reading for the past 3 months or so and have been greatly enamored with all I've learned. Do you guys have any books that you personally recommend? It doesn't have to be a specific subject either just some books you guys would recommend. Thanks in advance and God bless
If you like Game of Thrones I heard Patrick Rothfuss writes a good fantasy series. Even recommended by George RR Martin. I bought the first one but haven't got around to it yet.

amfootball

In the Starting Line-Up
I read a lot of spiritual books. I highly recommend Richard Rohr and Brennan Manning. Both authors have really expanded my thinking and perspective.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
what mood are you in?

if you're in the mood to read about some more systemic rights violations, read 'Missoula' by John Krakauer.......it documents college rape at the university of montana

on a different topic there's 'Guns, Germs, and Steel ..... which gets into how and why certain cultures became industrialized while others remained hunter-gatherers

there's a series of Tom Clancy/Mike Maden books around Jack Ryan Jr.

1960Pats

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter

I would recommend the following;

Any of the books by any of the Patriots.
Bias - Bernard Goldberg - One of the first books I read on bias in the media.
The Match - Mark Frost - Golf at a turning point for the PGA.
The Best Game Ever - Mark Bowden - NFL title game.
The Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follett - You probably already read it but it's my favorite of all books.
12 Rules For Life: An Antidote to Chaos - Jordan Peterson - Psychology
Sapiens - Yuval Noah Harari - I haven't finished but it's been very interesting so far.

Good luck. I hope you find something you enjoy.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Sapiens - Yuval Noah Harari - I haven't finished but it's been very interesting so far.

where you at in the book? I'm surprised the liberal bent has not turned you off.

you can follow it up with Homo Deus.....it's the sequel to Sapiens

and if yo like that kind of book, Guns, Germs, and Steel will keep you entertained

I also think you would like Tribe : on homecoming by Sebastian Junger......it's about PTSD and how it had manifested itself in different situations.....from war to living in the tunnels of London during the battle of britain and also hurricane Katrina

an oldie but goodie is Jawbreaker : The Attack on Bin Laden and Al Quaeda by Gary Bernsten, the CIA's field commander for the operation......book gets its start with the embassy bombings in 1998

I like talking books more than I like arguing politics

Last edited:

Vatahala

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
I am currently reading Jack Higgins Sean Dillion series in order, 18 down with 4 to go.

My all-time favorite is WEB Griffin who wrote several series of fictional war novels.

Mrs.PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
If you’re just looking for a good entertaining read - with some incidental history - any of these may work:
Geek Love - Kathleen Dunn
Lay That Trumpet in Our Hands - Susan McCarthy
And Throw Away the Skins- Scott Jones
The Never-Open Desert Diner - James Anderson
Lullaby Road - James Anderson
Heft: A Novel - Liz Moore
Where the Crawdads Sing - Delia Owens
The Nickel Boys - Colson Whitehead
The entire Mississippi Series - Greg Iles

PatsWSB47

Pro Bowl Player
If you’re just looking for a good entertaining read - with some incidental history - any of these may work:
Good to hear from you Mrs.P. How are you?

Mrs.PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Good to hear from you Mrs.P. How are you?

Hangin’ in there. It’s been a rough week so mostly just hoping it gets better. :) Reading a lot, as always, and finding myself addicted to those house buying shows where they show someone 3 houses and they pick one - but they never seem to pick the one I would have wanted so I’m trying to figure out what’s up with that!!!
Hope you’re doing well - or as well as anyone can do nowadays.

Joker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I'm shocked THIS seminal work isn't on your list...

betterthanthealternative

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Non fiction
The Death of Expertise - Tom Nichols
Symbiotic Planet - Lynn Margulis
The Rules of Contagion - Adam Kucharski
The Jefferson Bible - Cyrus Adler
Dying of Whiteness: How the Politics of Resentment is Killing America's Heartland - Jonathan Metzl

Fiction
The Naturalist series - Andrew Mayne
Joe Gunther series - Archer Mayor

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Hangin’ in there. It’s been a rough week so mostly just hoping it gets better. :) Reading a lot, as always, and finding myself addicted to those house buying shows where they show someone 3 houses and they pick one - but they never seem to pick the one I would have wanted so I’m trying to figure out what’s up with that!!!
Hope you’re doing well - or as well as anyone can do nowadays.

I binge watched the cheap lake house one yesterday

Bonzo

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
on a different topic there's 'Guns, Germs, and Steel ..... which gets into how and why certain cultures became industrialized while others remained hunter-gatherers
This is a strong rec. I read it pretty near its initial release -- I was HS, maybe junior high -- and I remember it really made an impact. It helped jumpstart my lifelong love of the pop-sci genre; the next book I read that year was Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid, which really stoked my young imagination.

Some lighter reading but in a similar vein: Randall Munroe, the dude behind the xkcd comics, has in recent years written a couple books that are probably best-suited for the coffee table. I've read this one, and I find myself lending it it to friends all the time.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
This is a strong rec. I read it pretty near its initial release -- I was HS, maybe junior high -- and I remember it really made an impact. It helped jumpstart my lifelong love of the pop-sci genre; the next book I read that year was Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid, which really stoked my young imagination.

Some lighter reading but in a similar vein: Randall Munroe, the dude behind the xkcd comics, has in recent years written a couple books that are probably best-suited for the coffee table. I've read this one, and I find myself lending it it to friends all the time.

another good one is Paris 1919 : six months that changed the world....we are still affected by the outcome today

ArchAngel007

In the Starting Line-Up
Thanks for all the suggestions my friends. I will attempt to read most of them thank god for my Kindle lol. Keep them coming though please any books you resonate with post them.