PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Kravitz writes about Deflategate [Four Games in Fall Documentary]

What’s deflategate? Never heard of her.

The Wells Report in context website is still up. LOL.

I don't think that helped much. Nobody except die hard lawyers (and Florio was one so he was fascinated by this) would read all that text.

Should have been a simple response that most fans would understand.

Summary:
- I (Kravitz) was right to break the story.
- I allowed my pride to cloud my judgement by offering up opinions over facts..
- I still don't believe that the texts were referring to a Patriots equipment manager trying to lose weight.
- I see now that Exponent is a "Science-for-hire" agency
- Mort was fed bad information by the NFL
- Despite the documentary and all the science to the contrary, I (Kravitz) still believe the Patriots cheated that night.

The small portion you can read before the paywall prevents you from going further does sound like a reluctant semi-admission of guilt.

I know something about Deflategate.
I broke the stupid story.
This is not news to Indianapolis readers, who've suffered through scores (and scores) of my Deflategate columns through the years and figure I'm living on that moment of journalistic semi-glory. This may be news to other readers, who may now be learning this and thinking. "Who the heck cares?"
But given my involvement, I wanted to speak to Marron, whose compelling documentary makes a strong case that Deflategate science was flawed, that ....
I was in Indy 3 winters ago and I flipped on the news and there was Super-sleuth Bob Kravitz......doing a high school basketball fluff piece and referencing the movie Hoosiers

His weak mea culpa is probably because he is in as much awe as most folks that believed Brady was done last year and after watching him beat the Saints and totally transform the Bucs into a winner in one season, he felt it was time to eat some crow for ever questioning the GOAT over stupid air pressure.

If Brady wasn't still relevant does he even publish this column? Ie if he didnt make the playoffs or was eliminated? How many other stories will come out if Tom makes the Super. Bowl? It's really telling that the same folks who smash you over the head with science during the pandemic are some of the same folks who completely ignored the ideal gas law during deflategate.

If Brady wasn't still relevant does he even publish this column? Ie if he didnt make the playoffs or was eliminated? How many other stories will come out if Tom makes the Super. Bowl? It's really telling that the same folks who smash you over the head with science during the pandemic are some of the same folks who completely ignored the ideal gas law during deflategate.
Bingo. Clicks.

Brady could have avoided all this by just handing his cell phone over or at least not destroying it.
No, he really couldn't. It was an agenda-driven witch hunt. The cell phone silliness was just an NFL straw man to fool the morons (one may draw one's own conclusions based on the fact that it seems to have worked on you...)

Brady could have avoided all this by just handing his cell phone over or at least not destroying it.

Imagine seeing the overwhelming mob, phony investigation, fabricated PSI numbers, fake science and arguing that turning over a cell phone (in an attempt to prove a negative) would have made any difference other than exposing the private life of one of the most famous people in America.

No, he really couldn't. It was an agenda-driven witch hunt. The cell phone silliness was just an NFL straw man to fool the morons (one may draw one's own conclusions based on the fact that it seems to have worked on you...)

Imagine seeing the overwhelming mob, phony investigation, fabricated PSI numbers, fake science and arguing that turning over a cell phone (in an attempt to prove a negative) would have made any difference other than exposing the private life of one of the most famous people in America.

Based on how the NFL handled the entire situation from start to finish, I am doubtful that would have changed anything - other than perhaps more untrue leaks to Mort, Peter King, etc.

It would at least make Brady look better to the general public. Brady gave Goodell the noose which he used to hang him.

It would at least make Brady look better to the general public. Brady gave Goodell the noose which he used to hang him.

No, Goodell was going to hang Brady no matter what. If it wasn't the phone, it would have been something else. Brady and the Patriots' guilt was determined before any investigation began.

It’s a shame what happened to McNally and Jastremski. They’re truly the ones who got the crap end of this.
Eh, they lost part-time jobs. It wasn't the end of the world for them.

And texts were actually leaked. Remember the pool cover?

And texts were actually leaked. Remember the pool cover?

Emails. But that was after “extraordinary measures” to protect the privacy. Wells failed to mention/know that in court everything gets dumped to the public.

I want to know which member here would turn over their personal mobile phone to an investigator who is without a doubt looking to railroad them, while a hundred million Americans are closely watching everything, when you’re actually innocent and the investigator also clarifies it’s a request only.

They did get the phones of the two equipment guys and guess what...absolutely no communications/texts with Brady’s phone about footballs. Just like Brady said, there was nothing of relevance to actually submit to them.

But you’d turn over your cell phone, @TommyBrady12 ?

Last edited:
I can't believe that garbage was already six years ago.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back