PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Board features I'd like added back

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
One that I really, really want back is the "jump to last post" button in threads.

During gameday threads I'll have the thread open and sometimes I'll come back like an hour later and I'm not able to jump to the most recent post, only the "last unread post".

Also when there's a thread with multiple pages, the thread titles would have links to the pages next/under it. Now they don't up.

Sorry for the kind of random thread but maybe others can give suggestions as well.

Click on the bullet next to the thread. Your request is granted. One that I would like to see get added back, when you get a chance to do so, is the old smileys.

EDIT: Thought you were talking about "jump to most recent". That will teach me to not read the entire post.

At the bottom of the thread there are page numbers if the thread has multiple pages.. If you click on the last page it should bring you to the last post/most recent post.

At the bottom of the thread there are page numbers if the thread has multiple pages.. If you click on the last page it should bring you to the last post/most recent post.
It brings you to the last page of the thread not the final post on that page. So if there's already 16 posts on that page, you have to scroll through 16 posts to get to the bottom. At least that's the case for me.

It brings you to the last page of the thread not the final post on that page. So if there's already 16 posts on that page, you have to scroll through 16 posts to get to the bottom. At least that's the case for me.
True, you do have to scroll down.

Pete was looking for a way to get to the end of the thread as opposed to his last unread post, so that gets him in the vicinity of where he wants to be.

That actually fails to work properly, quite often.

You can get to the end of a thread when you are in a forum by clicking on the "time posted" feature located just below the name of the last poster in the thread. I don't know of a way to get to the last post while actually in the thread.

Given the onslaught of surrender monkey posters this week , the icon I'd most like to see reinstituted is the falling bricks .gif

Yeah ... we need more icons ... a bit more girth and length for good measure.

Thanks for responding.

The problem is though, for game threads (which I assume a lot of people leave open during games and return to periodically) if I left the thread open when there was 6 pages, watch the game for 10 minutes then return, I'll still only have the option of going to the 6th page when I return, even if there's now 15 pages since the last time I was in the thread. So I'll have to refresh the thread, then click the new last page, then scroll down on that page to find the most recent post.

If there was a last post button, users can just hit that and go right to the most recent post.

Again, I know it sounds picky, but it makes all the difference when wanting to follow along during games, where quickness/ease is essential. I personally found the board much more functional before the update as opposed to after, though I certainly appreciate all of the staff's efforts.

True, you do have to scroll down.

Pete was looking for a way to get to the end of the thread as opposed to his last unread post, so that gets him in the vicinity of where he wants to be.

Oops, to clarify, yeah, I actually like to go to the most recent post, on top of the last page.

Again, want to make sure I'm not coming off as complaining here, you guys do a hell of a job. I prefer reading PatsFans during the game over anywhere else but during this season have found myself going to other places as well due to it being a little more difficult to jump right to the live reactions here.

One thing that didn't port over was the ability to see who's posted in a thread, to see how many times each person has posted, and to pull up the posts of a specific person by clicking on their name. That used to be a worthwhile function, IMO.

One thing that didn't port over was the ability to see who's posted in a thread, to see how many times each person has posted, and to pull up the posts of a specific person by clicking on their name. That used to be a worthwhile function, IMO.

To pull up the postings of a specific person:
-Click on their name
-Click "profile page"
-Click "postings"
there will then be a list of about the most recent 20 or so posts by that poster. If you want to go back further, at the bottom just click "find all content by....." or "find all threads by....." and it will give you a longer list back.

To pull up the postings of a specific person:
-Click on their name
-Click "profile page"
-Click "postings"
there will then be a list of about the most recent 20 or so posts by that poster. If you want to go back further, at the bottom just click "find all content by....." or "find all threads by....." and it will give you a longer list back.

Thanks, but that's not the function to which I was referring.

An auto update feature would be cool to have. Not sure if it is possible.

Since we have gone to this new update...i really like it

Given the onslaught of surrender monkey posters this week , the icon I'd most like to see reinstituted is the falling bricks .gif
I miss the diversity of the emojis. :(

I miss the gym rat. My body fat percentage has gone up since Kenbrell Thompkins got cut :(.

i'd like to bring back a lot of those gifs, the new format is very limited

I'd like to see a wider assortment of smileys added back.

Hmmmm...
bricks.gif

[EDIT] Yeah, it takes a few more clicks. But it works. :)

Has anyone else noticed that the alert system is a little buggy? Sometimes I have alert messages for things that aren't for me and other times I fail to get alerts when I should. It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen pretty frequently.

There also seems to be a post count issue. Sometimes there is an extra page listed to a thread that is exactly the same as the previous page number. This seems to only happen on the larger threads.

Neither one of these is much of a problem but I thought I'd mention them in case someone was interested in cleaning up some stuff.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back