PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills fire GM Doug Whaley, hours after end of draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comical. Who was making the picks the last 3 days, then?

McDermott was running the show according to beat reporters.

Either way it's a sad offseason with two bozo GMs gone (Whaley and Grigson).

If I was Carolina I would have a beef supposedly Carolinas assistant GM will replace him and Buff traded in front of Carolina twice to grab guys they had on the top of the board.
You don't think the ass gm was whispering to his new employer do you?

• Winner
Reactions: PP2
If I was Carolina I would have a beef supposedly Carolinas assistant GM will replace him and Buff traded in front of Carolina twice to grab guys they had on the top of the board.

Am sure McDermott himself knew enough to do this without some backchannel chatter. But definitely a bad look.

I think Buffalo would be a laughing stock even if they weren't in the same Division as the goat GM.

well at least they maximize prep time for next year's draft with their new gm.

good strategy

LOL, probably tired of watching Bill fleece him

Why didnt they fire him when they took away his power...?

Roger should get his phone, and dock them a 1st and a million $

OT: Bills fire GM Doug Whaley

Comical. Who was making the picks the last 3 days, then?

Whoever it was made a gr8 trade with the Chiefs and got their 2018 1st round pick.

Does management think the Bills would have been smarter drafting Mahomes or Watson?

I don't grasp the reasoning behind keeping him after the season ended then firing him now.

This should have happened months ago. No?o_O

In 2000 BB was hired but Notorious BIG was still "GM" when we all knew Bill was calling the shots on draft day. A few days later, Bobby was sacked.

I suspect there was a similar agreement in place in BUF. Old GM helps new coach and gets a nice severance along with a pink slip

Last edited:
Whoever it was made a gr8 trade with the Chiefs and got their 2018 1st round pick.

Does management think the Bills would have been smarter drafting Mahomes or Watson?

Id guess this was more about being in constant cap hell (no leverage, flexibility year-round) with no results to show . and then losing solid prime players to rival(s)

EDIT: Pats were very aggressive in FA & they brought back virtually all of their top players they wanted (despite winning SBLI that drove their prices up) & are still around top 10 in cap space for 2017 & 2018 (despite 8M increase in 2018 TB's cap hit) .. that must be both painful and tempting to watch..

Last edited:
I'm becoming concerned that Buffalo, Miami and the NYJ may all have become competent in the personnel area.

Stop that. This is a glorious Sunday for celebrating Patriots' brilliance and stacked roster. I don't want to hear about any signs of progress in the AFC, especially the AFC East. Save the truth for later in the summer.

It's one thing to believe something, another to know for certain. Maybe he ought to hand his phone over.
False. We learned that being generally aware is enough to be convicted of something in modern society still.:cool::p

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes