PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Polian on Moss/T.O. in the HOF: "I take neither"

Status
Not open for further replies.
My grandpa, God rest his soul, had a saying about guys who are full of themselves like Bill Polian...

"...if you could buy him for what he's worth, and sell him for what he thinks he's worth, you'd make a fortune."

Bill Polian reaches a new low in logic and bias

Perhaps it is the espn-ification of being expected to have a hot take as a television opinionator. Maybe it was hyperbole or sarcasm that was taken out of context, though I doubt that. Let us not foget that this is the same guy that wanted a football player's legs broken. It could be the low keyed analyst we see on sports television is simply a vile human being that is incapable of letting go of a grudge.

No Randy Moss, no Terrell Owens? Bill Polian says neither deserves Hall of Fame

In today’s edition of “Stay off my lawn!” we present Bill Polian.

Polian, the former Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers and Indianapolis Colts general manager who was part of the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s class of 2015, said on Monday that if it were up to him, neither Terrell Owens nor Randy Moss would be enshrined in the Hall.

To which we say: are you crazy, Bill Polian?!?

The irony here is that both of those players are a thousand times more deserving of enshrinement to the Pro Football Hall of Fame than Polian is. I guess all those Colt losses to the Patriots over the years has left him as bitter as Don Shula, Marshall Faulk and LaDainian Tomlinson.

BB has been coach of the year twice, Polian executive of the year 6 times - wrap your mind around that. Of course has only 1 ring vs 5 (or 7) - but Polian ball washes the media. Escapes me why he is in the HOF - he should shut his mouth and thank God writers can be stupid.

Yeahhh he's more for his guy Marvin Harrison, the guy that probably got away with murder. :cool:

Ask him again when drugs wear off.

Somewhat off topic but the Colts of the 2000's are going to end up with more HOFers than the Patriots. In no other decade would that happen. To the victors go the spoils with the Packers, Steelers, Niners and Cowboys in those decades dominating compared to the competition.

Now it's whoever kisses the league's ass the hardest.

Polian, Harrison and Dungy are in. Manning will get in. I would bet Freeney and Wayne get in. That's 6 and I'd say Clark has an outside chance as does Glenn. Dungy getting in is a joke. If he's in then Cowher, Shanahan, Holmgren, Flores and a host of others should all be in.

So who's in for the Patriots? Brady and Bill unless the league can think of a way to keep them out. Then who? Law, Seymour and Wilfork probably have shots but will wait a long, long time if they get in at all.

The only other player with an outside shot is Rodney and the funny thing is he was a better player than Lynch or Dawkins who will get in. Rodney was the first player with 30 sacks and 30 picks. Only joined by Ray Lewis. His playoff stats are way better than Lynch or Dawkins as are his seasons with 100+ tackles.

Adam will be like Carlton Fisk. Made his name in Boston but played more games with another team so it's a draw so I didn't include him.

In his rookie year Randy Moss' Vikings scored 556 points. If I looked things up correctly this is 51 points more than the 1994 49ers, the previous record holder. Also 202 points more than the 1997 Vikings.

Of course the 49ers had HOF QB Steve Young, and the 1998 Vikings had a combo of Brad Johnson and Randall Cunningham.

This scoring record would stand until 2007 when Randy Moss teamed with Tom Brady to break it.

See a pattern?

Randy Moss is awesome.

I never got why this guy has such a sterling reputation with nfl people. Bob kraft says on finishing a task that the last 5 percent is the skill most people dont have. Well bill polian certainly was good at getting things started but he was dreadful at finishing the task. He had almost no ability to put together a team that was able to leap that final hurdle. And he had no ability to identify how to get from good to great. His skill was getting from bad to good. That is not a hall of famer.

Last edited:
The teams that Moss played for - which include some otherwise mediocre clubs in Minnesota, Oakland and Tennessee - had a cumulative won-loss record of 122-95-1 (plus 8-7 in the post-season).

The two years with a pathetic post-Gruden/Gannon Raider team and 2010 without the Patriots (Vikings/Titans) account for more than a third of those losses in his 14-year career. Remove that and Moss's won-loss record is now 114-60-1 (.654), or 122-68-1 including the playoffs.

Sorry Mr. Polian, but the facts do not support your narrative.

I'd really take a young Randy Moss over any other wr to play the game. When he broke records here he'd already lost a step. Completely changed how d's played.
Bill Polian is just a bitter old bastard who can't accept the game went by him 20 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes