PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bigger Threat - Jax Or Indy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyfan

Rookie
Reaction score
Indy is overall a better team than Jax, but with what happened last year and them coming into our house I think we'll be able to beat them.

I'm more fearful of Jacksonville. I hope we don't come out trying to run too much against them, because I'm not sold on their secondary and think we can challenge them through the air.

We need to get an early lead on them and force their receivers to beat us, not sold on their ability to do that against us either. What I am sold on is if it's a close game like some of our nail-biters this year, they are going to be able to move the chains with their running back combo.

Indy no question. No offense to Jacksonville intended.

With what happened last year? I don't understand that reasoning... The Colts beat us last year and are a superior team to the Jags this year. They're a bigger threat, no question about it.

Indy...Jags, like the Steelers, are pretenders.

Jags are the "flavor of the moment" right now. Indy is the bigger threat.

Indy is undoubtly a bigger threat. After defeating Indy, SB ring is definitely ours.

I look forward to this game.

Indy has won 12 games for the last five years. They are SB champs. They have the #2 seed overcoming many injuries. They have a bye. They have more talent that any but us. Most of their injured starters are back. They are well experienced in playing and winning. There is zero question in my mind. Indy is the much greater threat.

Your biggest threat is your next opponent. I think it will be Jacksonville. Does anyone see Pittsburgh beating Jax? They may, but Big Ben will have to have a great day. Jax needs some crappy weather versus NE, and must run the ball 40 times. If they can do that, they have a shot. Garrard is such a huge upgrade over Fatty, it's not close. On the flip side, I don't see Jax as strong defensively as they have been in the recent past. Would take a monumental effort, but, like Eagles, Ravens, and Giants, they will no doubt give you a game.

Indy.. And the hype about the Pats not wanting to play the jags in the playoffs makes me laugh. Jags lost Stoud and Mike Peterson. Never mind the fact they are in the bottom third of pass defense..

Just to add to this discussion.. The only NFC team that could throw the Pats a curve ball is the Cowboys.. Of course this is under the assumption that T.O. and Romo are healthy and Glenn can start for them..

Indy to me,by far.

Jags have a weak passing game,
poor pass D,meathead coach
who let them lie down and take a
beating today.

This for a team that is weak on timing
as it is,and requires a tuned physical edge,
and has a history of folding.

Dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info