PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2022 WR/PTP Thread

I haven't really kept on top of things this year, due to real life stuff. But I see that CBS have us taking Jahan Dotson, WR Penn St in the first.

What's the skinny on this dude?

@Username ....if you get some time then there are some other choices in the past few weeks in the mock draft thread.....quite a few are showing wide recievers !!!

Will take Bama WR in round one and two. Too juicy.

Metchie looks like he’s going to be out for the rest of the season. His draft stock could drop considerably. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t declare now and goes back for his senior year.

Just watched some tape on Addison of pittsburgh. Wow! Very impressive.
Agreed. Will defiantly been a top draft pick if he plays like he did this season next year. Shame he’s not eligible this year.

I like Dotson a lot for us and we can land him day 2/3. Don't think he'll test well, doesn't have outstanding measurables.

Release is nice but lack of strength makes it tough to work outside next level. Does use his hands but could improve. Efficient steps and movements, patience and spacial awareness wins him a lot of reps. Combined with his size I think we'll likely see him in the slot next level.

Impressed with how he understands and operates in space. MOF/reading leverage, space on sidelines

Might be slot only next level but he can touch and threaten all parts of the field with play speed, r/r, awareness and hands. Not the greatest radius, smaller arms I think but he can make it happen when things aren't perfect.

Return man/natural yac

Has shown he can make big plays in different ways. 17+ per rec two years in a row. Stepped up when given the chance.

I've seen him run everything - flat, sidelines, MOF, deep. + Slant, Go, Out, Corner/Post but makes everything look good. Very comfortable running from slot.

Love his ability to sink, accelerate and take off. Not twitched up but good enough athleticism with clean movements.

Reliable hands when it's clean and making adjustments.

Isn't getting any bigger and probably not much stronger. Obviously strength can increase but you get the point, he is what he is from that standpoint. Again looks like slot only but can beat you deep.

Willing blocker but limited bc of size. Definitely has to get stronger.

Could add a little variety to release package.

Page one. I'm going to start writing about prospects very soon.
@Username

Dotson will be a first rounder. Gonna run 4.4. He has great hands and body control. Not a big dude. Doubt, we’d draft a player like him or Olave.

I think Mac jones could develop into a special qb, capable of winning us a lot of games.

but he desperately needs quality receivers. Our current group less agular, are incredibly slow, and mostly

we are picking at 22 as of the Buffalo loss. There could be two quality receivers on the board… Garrett or Dotson!

but regardless, we should draft metchie. I know he has a torn acl, but he could be special in our offense with jones throwing to him.

I think Mac jones could develop into a special qb, capable of winning us a lot of games.

but he desperately needs quality receivers. Our current group less agular, are incredibly slow, and mostly

we are picking at 22 as of the Buffalo loss. There could be two quality receivers on the board… Garrett or Dotson!

but regardless, we should draft metchie. I know he has a torn acl, but he could be special in our offense with jones throwing to him.
So many other needs, I would love a flashy WR, but don't see it happening in R1

Dont know if this will hold up over the board but one of the beat reporters was highlighting YAC as being an issue for the current recievers. For eg Myers (who I really like) can make some great catches and has good hands but does not give much after the catch. Is this a fault of the receiver or the QB putting the ball in the correct place. A reasonable point or just untrue ????

Dont know if this will hold up over the board but one of the beat reporters was highlighting YAC as being an issue for the current recievers. For eg Myers (who I really like) can make some great catches and has good hands but does not give much after the catch. Is this a fault of the receiver or the QB putting the ball in the correct place. A reasonable point or just untrue ????
its both, the QB has to place the ball in such a way that the receiver does not need to adjust/jump or slow down for the ball, but you have Receivers that are not having the short area quickness or speed to burn the defense or even vision to collect YAC, Bourne does get quite some YAC actually Smith was supposed to be good with the ball in his hands as well, the Pats just don't find the right spot for him to get him the ball there where he can accelerate

but you don't have a Tyreek Hill in every WR

I went to the Univ of Utah and have followed Britian Covey he is a 24 yr old player who took a couple of years of to do a Mormon Mission. He is 5'8" tall 170 lbs. He is a KR Wr, caught 49 balls this year and ran back 3 kick for TD's this year reg season.

Today he has 1 catch for a TD and a KR for a TD so far against Ohio State. Ranked #4 on Kiper's KR board. I would like to see his 4 cone drill number in the combine. This guy could be another Edelman WR/KR guy would like to add 15lbs of muscle.

Check out the Rose Bowl Highlights.

Give me Metchie. Him and Jones have a rapport and he'll slide a bit if he does declare because of the ACL.

Give me Metchie. Him and Jones have a rapport and he'll slide a bit if he does declare because of the ACL.

There are so many reasons that we need to draft metchie. He can play the x, route running, separation, yac, option route running, tracking the ball in the air and most important he and jones are in the same page.

two knocks on metchie.

1.) he drops a lot of passes.
2.) physical corners can push him around.

I went to the Univ of Utah and have followed Britian Covey he is a 24 yr old player who took a couple of years of to do a Mormon Mission. He is 5'8" tall 170 lbs. He is a KR Wr, caught 49 balls this year and ran back 3 kick for TD's this year reg season.

Today he has 1 catch for a TD and a KR for a TD so far against Ohio State. Ranked #4 on Kiper's KR board. I would like to see his 4 cone drill number in the combine. This guy could be another Edelman WR/KR guy would like to add 15lbs of muscle.

Check out the Rose Bowl Highlights.
Screams Patriot

Anyone have any intel on this guy? I will certainly be watching him senior bowl week.

Anyone have any intel on this guy? I will certainly be watching him senior bowl week.

I'm at work but I'm a big fan. I wouldn't call us "friends" but I've been talking with his bro for a while now. I used to interview and write and met him that way. Great guys. I'll post more substance later when I'm free but this kid is a player for real. 6'5 with legit 4.4 speed. He has the respect of a ton of college players and coaches at every level I know that. I think he'll be playing on Sundays regularly.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back