PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2022 IDL/PTP Thread

Truth. He killed at the combine. I think we can all officially give up on him being available at 21.
Vince Wilfork was supposed to be a top 10 pick going into the draft. He fell to 21. Aaron Rodgers was supposed to be a top 10 pick. He fell to 24. Thinks happen that no one expects come draft time.

:rofl:

...and Ronnie Perkins...

:rofl::rofl:

Exactly... I would much, Much, MUCH rather have Travis Jones at 53/54 after trading 21 down and out of the first round enough times to acquire an early 2nd-rounder, another Day 2 pick, two Day 3 picks AND a 5th-rounder next year than Any Other DT at 21 with only five picks remaining.

The logic is Irrefutable.

This is the Way.

That's a lot of EXTRA draft Capital you think the Pats can get for their 21st pick. Quantity is good. QUALITY is better.

Vince Wilfork was supposed to be a top 10 pick going into the draft. He fell to 21. Aaron Rodgers was supposed to be a top 10 pick. He fell to 24. Thinks happen that no one expects come draft time.
We can only hope... but Davis put on a Dontari Poe type workout, and he shot up to #11 that year.

We can only hope... but Davis put on a Dontari Poe type workout, and he shot up to #11 that year.

At the end of the day, while he is great at his position, he is still a two down player that played less than 50 percent of the snaps at Georgia last year.

At the end of the day, while he is great at his position, he is still a two down player that played less than 50 percent of the snaps at Georgia last year.
Thing is, despite his history, you could argue that his workout showed he is capable of being a very effective 3 down player.

Thing is, despite his history, you could argue that his workout showed he is capable of being a very effective 3 down player.

And yet the Georgia coaches, would not play him for three downs against college kids?

And yet the Georgia coaches, would not play him for three downs against college kids?
According to Eisen they rotated DLineman a lot. Mentioned it when speaking about Walker or Wyatt. Can't remember which.

You can get away with much smaller pass rushers in college. Not saying you're wrong, but he showed rare athleticism that could be utilized in different ways in the NFL.

According to Eisen they rotated DLineman a lot. Mentioned it when speaking about Walker or Wyatt. Can't remember which.

Georgia has a dt named Carter. He will be the real deal in the 2023 draft.

Georgia started Davis out of respect for the upper class man.

However at most crucial moments, Carter was on the field.

It looks like my dream of Jordan Davis at 21 won’t come true. Luckily there is another true NT in this draft that I love. Neil Farrell Jr from LSU is a STUD! He is thick, powerful and as Coach O says he’s tougher than an ol’ alligator.

He absolutely dominated Senior Bowl practices

It looks like my dream of Jordan Davis at 21 won’t come true. Luckily there is another true NT in this draft that I love. Neil Farrell Jr from LSU is a STUD! He is thick, powerful and as Coach O says he’s tougher than an ol’ alligator.

He's been on my board which is overdue for a update but he's been there. I have np grabbing Davis/Jones and another 3/5T in the 4th or 5th. I'm a sucker for strong position groups but what's that old saying?

You're as good as your best player on offense and worst on defense?

If we couldn't grab Travis Jones earlier, then I wouldn't have a problem grabbing Farrell with our first pick of Day 3... or our last of Day 2 if we have to maybe...

Spending a day 1 pick on a two down run stuffer is not the most efficient use of draft picks,

My post combine nt depth chart:

1.) Davis of Georgia - early second round
2.) jones of UConn - late second round
3.) Mathis of alabama - third round
4.) Farrell of lsu - day 3
5.) peevy of Texas a&m - day 3
6.) McCall of Kentucky - day 3

The difference between McCall and Davis (for what they do) is not that much. On a value basis and effective basis on the field McCall is the better value.

Perrion Winfrey looks like a Barmore clone, not a NT. He was a NT in college but looks more like a NFL DE 5T to me.
Good insights. I agree. All we need is a bona fide NT, and we’d be back in business.

And let the faster linebackers we’re gravitating to be free to run.

Spending a day 1 pick on a two down run stuffer is not the most efficient use of draft picks,

The difference between McCall and Davis (for what they do) is not that much. On a value basis and effective basis on the field McCall is the better value.

During what round, ass-uming your top 6 are all gone, would you consider taking the Vanilla Gorilla John Ridgeway?

Bolded makes no sense with respect. Maybe you worded it wrong?

If you have Davis as an early 2nd RD pick that's top 40-45 value. Day 3 is take a pick territory. That's a huge gap in value man.

Bolded makes no sense with respect. Maybe you worded it wrong?

If you have Davis as an early 2nd RD pick that's top 40-45 value. Day 3 is take a pick territory. That's a huge gap in value man.

The difference between 33 and 103 is 70 picks. Considering the limited playmaking value of the position, the contribution factor is not that significant!

The difference between 33 and 103 is 70 picks. Considering the limited playmaking value of the position, the contribution factor is not that significant!
Ok but day 3 is RD 4-7. You're not really clear here but then again you never are.

Even still there's a big difference in value between 33 & 103 which again doesn't match with a day 3 pick.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back