PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2021 WR/PTP Thread

Where do you have Bateman? Moore from Ole Miss may be up high too, although a bit raw

Obviously, I think Chase, Waddle, and Smith are going to be the definite top 3 taken/top tier

bateman - I consider Harry 2.0 without the ability to win as many 50-50 balls as Harry does. We need to stay away from this guy.

Moore - I like him a lot, total playmaker. but the route tree is limited. I have a high 3rd or late second grade on him.

bateman - I consider Harry 2.0 without the ability to win as many 50-50 balls as Harry does. We need to stay away from this guy.

Moore - I like him a lot, total playmaker. but the route tree is limited. I have a high 3rd or late second grade on him.
Can you expand on the bolded? Not exactly the guy I see or think about when watching Bateman.

I like both of these guys, but have a feeling they're both going to be better in college than Pro

Can you expand on the bolded? Not exactly the guy I see or think about when watching Bateman.

From 2019 film, no suddenness, minimal separation, lots of catches with guys draped all over him.

I have been trying to trawl through the videos etc , what about Vasher of Texas Tech , is he too much of a one trick pony ie jump balls. The film I can find does show a bit of variety ??

I have been trying to trawl through the videos etc , what about Vasher of Texas Tech , is he too much of a one trick pony ie jump balls. The film I can find does show a bit of variety ??

guys with limited route trees scare me.

pro defenses can take away the routes they do run and force them to the other routes where they either step up or have limited success.

Seeing at least 3 mocks with NE grabbing Waddle at 15
If healthy, Waddle could be NE's do-everything WR....screens, slot, deep routes, return man.
4.37, crazy agility and explosion
My comps......Antonio Brown and a little bit of Tyreek Hill....both players who elevated their offenses and struck fear in defenses

Jaylen Waddle 2021 NFL Draft Profile | Tankathon
(2 highlight reels)

If healthy, Waddle could be NE's do-everything WR....screens, slot, deep routes, return man.
My comps......Antonio Brown and a little bit of Tyreek Hill....both players who elevated their offenses and struck fear in defenses

(2 highlight reels)
I’d be fine with waddle, smith, or pitts barring a crazy a fall down boards from a few players. But as for me if waddle is available I would be all for it. I was listening to one of PFFs podcast who think waddle is a better prospect than Henry Ruggs and I agree.

Ideally, the best fit for us would be if parsons fell to us at 15, but that appears highly unlikely.

If waddle falls to 15, we need to get the card in ASAP. He would be perfect in our offense with his suddenness and speed.

While having a look at later round prospects I stumbled upon this D3 WR, Andrew Kamienski. I was intrigued and watched a few of his compilation tapes and it's pretty impressive. Obviously the level of competition has to be taken into account, but he seems to run a pretty extensive route tree and has great hands. 6'0", 180lbs, 133 Receptions, 2,016 yds and 31 TD's in 2020 season.

Have you seen him BGC? Worth a flier in the 7th or as a UDFA?

6'0" ?!?! He looks 5'5" on film.......looks tiny.

Watched more tape of Moore of ole miss and brown of unc.

they could both help us next season in the passing game.

(2 highlight reels)

1. New England sucks at drafting WRs. So I'm not even sure why we have this discussion. Whoever they pick is just gonna be another N'Keal Harry.

2. Last #1 caliber receiver the Pats picked in the draft was Terry Glenn 24 years ago and it wasn't even BB's selection. LOL.
Don't get me wrong, Troy Brown, Deion Branch, and Julian Edelman were all great but they are #2 WRs at best on any other team. It was Brady who made them look so good.

3. Last but not least, it doesn't matter if you have a great WR when there is no QB to throw them the ball. This may be an unpopular opinion, but until the Patriots acquire a franchise caliber signal caller, all the 'skill position' talent in the world would just go to waste.

Shia smith of South Carolina is another smaller receiver who could help us. Not the biggest or fastest but he gets open all over the field.

very immature, not sure how bb would deal with that.

Shia smith of South Carolina is another smaller receiver who could help us. Not the biggest or fastest but he gets open all over the field.

very immature, not sure how bb would deal with that.
Yeah, I've watched a bit of him. Fairly limited route tree but runs those routes well, good hands, gives it 100% on every snap, plays with a fire in his belly. But like you said, not particularly fast, he's small and lightweight and he's extremely chirpy on the field. He's constantly mouthing off, before during and after the play. I can see the flags raining down if he was a Patriot. Apparently, and I'm not on social media so I can't confirm, he's equally brash and chirpy, calling out opponents, on social media.

Watched the rest of the tape on ty Wallace wide receiver of Oklahoma state. He appears to be coming off an acl tear, but he gets open all over the field. Runs a variety of routes, decent hands. He has a fourth round grade and if he is available when we pick, bb should scoop him up,

While having a look at later round prospects I stumbled upon this D3 WR, Andrew Kamienski. I was intrigued and watched a few of his compilation tapes and it's pretty impressive. Obviously the level of competition has to be taken into account, but he seems to run a pretty extensive route tree and has great hands. 6'0", 180lbs, 133 Receptions, 2,016 yds and 31 TD's in 2020 season.

Have you seen him BGC? Worth a flier in the 7th or as a UDFA?

Someone brought him to my attention a few weeks ago but not that familiar tbh. Would have to see a little more of him but probably lean udfa on a limited sample size. Appreciate bringing him up.

1. New England sucks at drafting WRs. So I'm not even sure why we have this discussion. Whoever they pick is just gonna be another N'Keal Harry.

2. Last #1 caliber receiver the Pats picked in the draft was Terry Glenn 24 years ago and it wasn't even BB's selection. LOL.
Don't get me wrong, Troy Brown, Deion Branch, and Julian Edelman were all great but they are #2 WRs at best on any other team. It was Brady who made them look so good.

3. Last but not least, it doesn't matter if you have a great WR when there is no QB to throw them the ball. This may be an unpopular opinion, but until the Patriots acquire a franchise caliber signal caller, all the 'skill position' talent in the world would just go to waste.
I hear this but if someone can help the team or we get a shot at an elite WR we should take it. You don't not take someone who can help you bc you never know when you're a franchise QB.

We're bound to hit on one.

The big 4 receivers in this draft are chase, waddle, smith and Pitt’s.

If any of these four make it to 15, then we need to jump all over that.

The big 4 receivers in this draft are chase, waddle, smith and Pitt’s.

If any of these four make it to 15, then we need to jump all over that.
Been out of the game here for a while but this year's offseason is so interesting it drew me back in. Those top 4 all are very intriguing but the WR is so deep this year wouldn't you want to trade back and take an extra 3rd and Toney over any of these options singularly?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back