PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2020 WR'S/PTP Thread

Next year's WR class looks just as good which is not supposed to happen but it's real.
Moore, Smith, Wallace, Ross, Chase, Sage, Waddle, Bateman etc is a strong top tier & I'm missing a bunch.

Ruggs has declared.

This draft is really deep at receiver,

To fix our wide receiver issue in 2020, we need to do 3 things:

1.) sign free agent aj green.
2.) sign free agent pharaoh cooper.
3.) draft wr Edwards of South Carolina.

I loved Cooper coming out.

I see a big split on Ruggs around places. I'm all aboard. Idk why Hill's name gets brought up instantly but Hill wasn't Hill for abt 3-4 years. Ruggs obviously has phenomenal speed & acceleration but shows a willingness to play through contact & even deliver it at times. 5'10/200 so it is what it is but he's a lot more then speed. He's won on all 3 levels & as Brad Kelly pointed out. He has a nose for the end zone. 98 rec/24 TD.

I really think a little bit of creativity could go a long way with him initially. He's someone who could really do damage right away in the right situation.

My dream guy for us to land would be Ruggs.. just think he would open so much up for us and cause teams to really think about how to match up with him.. 4.2 speed. He’s a freak of an athlete and he can run routes to.. not as good as jeudy but good enough.

another guy I like the look of is Jalen Reagor. Reminds me of Terry McLaurin. Would be another good option for us.

I think ruggs combine results will skyrocket his draft stock and he'll be picked way before we choose.

I think ruggs combine results will skyrocket his draft stock and he'll be picked way before we choose.

No doubt, if he makes it past Oakland, it is a bad decision by Gruden.

No doubt, if he makes it past Oakland, it is a bad decision by Gruden.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s the first WR taken.. people fall in love with speed, look at John Ross.

AJ Green is a walking ambulance ride. Saw Pharaoh a couple times other than kick returns. Don't know that he is an answer to anything. Don't know Edwards.

The Navy QB Malcolm Perry is transitioning to WR, at the East-West Shrine Bowl. Only 5'9" but slippery as anything. He ended 2019 with 2,017 rushing yards, a record for QBs, and 304 (!) vs. Army. Might be a 6th/7th/UDFA binky type. Tough as nails, and I understand that at least one NFL coach kind of follows Navy a little.

2020 East-West Shrine Bowl: Standouts from Day 1 of practice

Last edited:
Reed, the wide receiver from Virginia had a good day of practice at the shrine game.

I like his tape and his versatility. I am penciling him into our draft in the sixth round, depending on how he runs.

Hopefully it's strictly combine but awful timing

Hopefully it's strictly combine but awful timing

I saw on twitter it’s mostly for the combine as there’s worries about his 40 time.

what’s your thoughts on Jalen Reagor? Seems like the perfect kind of patriot receiver. Great RR, quick. Can play inside or outside.

I saw on twitter it’s mostly for the combine as there’s worries about his 40 time.

what’s your thoughts on Jalen Reagor? Seems like the perfect kind of patriot receiver. Great RR, quick. Can play inside or outside.
I just wish TJ didn't go and made it clear beforehand. People will dog him for it. Rightfully so to an extent I suppose. Looks like he's bailing on his team but again no one would care if he didn't accept the invite or we and just made it clear he's focusing on the combine. Biggest interview of his life people would understand.

I love Reagor btw. Def PTP

I just wish TJ didn't go and made it clear beforehand. People will dog him for it. Rightfully so to an extent I suppose. Looks like he's bailing on his team but again no one would care if he didn't accept the invite or we and just made it clear he's focusing on the combine. Biggest interview of his life people would understand.

I love Reagor btw. Def PTP

Is reagor just Dorsett 2.0?

Is reagor just Dorsett 2.0?

I don’t think so. By watching his tape it looks like he’ll be able to separate with his speed but his route running ability is by far better than Dorsetts. During the season Dorsett was really only able to run the deep route and only if he was lucky enough to beat press.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back