PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2020 QB/PTP Thread

I love reports like this. If I do any more there short and sweet like that. I don't want to read 4,000 words on most prospects.

Thuney franchised... time to study this list a little bit harder.

Thuney franchised... time to study this list a little bit harder.

Not just yet. As a reminder, if/when he signs the tag, the Pats can trade him for anything they want. [See: Cassel, Matt.]

If they think they can get significantly better than a 2021 3, it would make sense.

I like Burrow, Tua, and Herbert.

Beyond that, I don't see any of these guys as being enormous upgrades on Stidham.

I still don't want a QB drafted with any of our picks - except for the 3 above - until at least our 6th/7th-rounders...Skippy's head would explode otherwise...like Patricia's when told that Butler wasn't playing...

Eason has a monster arm if he can be reeled in.
Cole McDonald has the skills to succeed like the kid a lot in the middle rounds
I could see a trade in the top 10 for Herbert if Josh thinks he’s the guy.
Jalen Hurts is incredibly intriguing you may have the best QB In the draft in the third round.
If you put a gun to my head though Cole McDonald In the 6th

God help me, I'm actually talking myself into Bortles.

getva hold of yourself, man! Bortles is clearly a jets type qb!

bb is talking to winston’s agents tonight and if Winston is open to a one year super cheap prove it deal, he will be competing with stidham!

getva hold of yourself, man! Bortles is clearly a jets type qb!

bb is talking to winston’s agents tonight and if Winston is open to a one year super cheap prove it deal, he will be competing with stidham!
I would love this just to see if BB can beat them with hisn and then beat them with yourn

QB, James Morgan, FIU
Among the teams doing extra homework on Morgan, according to NFL sources not authorized to speak publicly: his hometown Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, Chicago Bears, Indianapolis Colts, Las Vegas Raiders, New York Giants, Buffalo Bills, New York Jets and Miami Dolphins.

Morgan has drawn comparisons from scouts to NFL quarterbacks Kirk Cousins and Joe Flacco.

Named the Conference USA Newcomer of the Year in 2018, the 6-4, 229-pounder with 4.89 speed in the 40-yard dash completed 65.3 percent of his throws for 2,727 yards and a school-record 26 touchdowns with seven interceptions as a junior.

Last season, he completed 58 percent of his throws for 2,583 yards, 14 touchdowns and five interceptions in a dozen starts while playing through a knee injury and dealing with a lot of dropped passes. Morgan is healthy now.
Several NFL teams closely vetting FIU quarterback

Seems to underthrow a lot of passes. I want a QB with a good arm. Stidham has a much better arm than this guy. If they pick a QB early, say in the 1st round, I want Herbert (won’t slip to 23), Love (may slip to 23) or Eason. Middle to late rounds, I’d love to see McDonald from Hawaii.
Did we just become best friends?
Because this has been my thinking as well.
Would love to see what Mcdonald could do 2 years under BB and Mcdaniels tutelage?
What are your thoughts on Hurts?
I feel he could be in play as well

Did we just become best friends?
Because this has been my thinking as well.
Would love to see what Mcdonald could do 2 years under BB and Mcdaniels tutelage?
What are your thoughts on Hurts?
I feel he could be in play as well
I’m starting to warm up on Jalen Hurts. He reminds me of Lamar Jackson, who I wanted to draft. 3rd round or later though. Only QBs in our range at 23 I’d pick are Herbert (highly unlikely available at 23), Love (possibly available at 23) and Eason (most likely available at 23).

D47F568E-877A-464C-AD79-A8A8EBA1976E.jpeg

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back