SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Steelers
Sun
Dec 16th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Shocking Ending
Sunday's loss in Miami was shocking and will likely have the Patriots doing some second-guessing this week.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Beware: the new Star Wars looks to suck badly

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Tunescribe, Nov 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kdo5

Kdo5 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +7,594
    Fair enough, that's your opinion. But maybe you'll change your mind a teensy bit if you haven't yet seen TLJ.

2. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +56,053
    I sincerely hope I do.

3. YOUGOTMOSSED

YOUGOTMOSSED In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,119
    I'm guessing that 98% of Star Wars fans bailed on the franchise after that abortion called "The Phantom Menace." I can't image very many came back after Disney and JJ Abrams decided to focus the marketing of the franchise to little girls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GodBrady

GodBrady On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +525
    Honestly, I thought Rogue One was really mediocre. It took me three days to watch it (an hour one day, a half hour the next, a half hour the third day). I literally fell asleep the first night I was watching it.

Visually though I thought it was absolutely stunning. Especially the last third of the movie or so, when there were the walkers in the background.

5. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +26,555
    Agreed, 1,000 percent.

SPOILER ALERT

I FINALLY saw it today. Thought it was surprisingly good through the first two-thirds. THEN, it goes straight in the crapper. We get Young Conflicted Darth Vader doing his thing and suddenly becoming "Supreme Commander" :confused:o_O succeeding Snoke with a new reign of terror after briefly redeeming himself :confused:o_O. WTF?

Where the hell is this series going to go now with this wimpy lightweight Vader leading the Empire? And Skywalker is dead? And how are they going to suddenly kill off Leia with Carrie Fisher gone? Star Wars has been painted into a corner with no way out this time. More battles with Young Conflicted Darth Vader are just going to be anticlimactic, at best.

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,185
    So I finally went to see TLJ. It was ok. As a Gen X'er who grew up with the original Star Wars trilogy, the episodes made in the last 20 years have been disappointing for the most the part. They aren't the worst films ever made, but with the high expectations they sometimes feel like it. TLJ was better than Force Awakens imo, but both lose out to Rouge One which was a solid movie.

These films, like the 3 before them, suffer from a couple of fatal flaws. The most glaring being the poor casting and character creation. Some of these actors aren't very good in their roles, or aren't good actors to begin with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    This is pretty damn funny:

8. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    So, what is your final verdict? I saw it last week and have disliked it more each day since. The fan reviews on RT are pretty vicious 0verall and most of the negative assessments I agree with. Where can they go with the next movie? More battles with Young Conflicted Darth Vader as "Bad Guy In Chief" seem pointless but inevitable.

9. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Josh Gordon's locker is next to Brady's. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +41,829
    I haven't seen it yet and don't plan to until it's available for free.

10. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    Ha! You took a page out of my own playbook. I'm surprised but tip my cap to you. I thought for sure you'd be going.

11. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    In order for me to have gone, I had to catch it while it was still in IMAX. When I missed the boat on that, I figured I’d just wait.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    Aw, you shouldn't have told me that. I had concluded you were just smart. ;)

13. captain insano

captain insano Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,068

14. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    This movie sucked. Bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    It’s been a few days since I saw it and I still can’t get over just how bad this movie was. Leia surviving an explosion and then flying back in to the ship was where the movie officially lost me. And the Jedi are now telekinetic?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,111
    That part got me as well, especially because it was an easy way to write Carrie Fisher out of the next movie and they blew it. I don't know that I hated this movie, but I just felt it was "meh" and forgettable. If it didn't have the Star Wars name attached to it, it'd be the kind of movie people would forget about by the time 2020 rolled around.

17. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    I've already forgotten much of it. So much bad writing in that movie -- like when whatshisname the hotshot pilot goes on a suicide run and his "lover" shoots him out of the sky to save him. But for me, the fatal flaw going back to the first installment of this trilogy was the horrid miscasting of several characters, chief among them Kylo Ren. Blech. There's just nowhere to go with this in the trilogy's last installment apart from Kylo being killed/defeated or turning his back on the Dark Side, and who cares about either option?

18. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    The guy that plays him is a decent actor, but the writing is what has betrayed him. The writing for the character is awful. Hell, the writing for all of the characters has been awful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    He might be a decent actor in general, but his talents don't translate to that role and his "look" is all wrong. A classic case of casting fail.

20. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,656
    Rented Solo the other night. First Star Wars movie I skipped in the theatre even though Solo is by far my favourite character. After the complete abortion that was The Last Jedi I didn’t feel Iike seeing Solo in the theatre just a few months after.

Solo isn’t a great Star Wars movie, but I liked it a lot better then the Last Jedi and for me was on par with Rogue One and The Force Awakens.

Minor Spoiler Below

While Solo wasn’t a great movie, they did a good job setting up a sequel. To bad the movie flopped and we likely won’t get another. Solo going after his girl and facing off against Darth Maul would have got my $.