SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Steelers
Sun
Dec 16th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Shocking Ending
Sunday's loss in Miami was shocking and will likely have the Patriots doing some second-guessing this week.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Beware: the new Star Wars looks to suck badly

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Tunescribe, Nov 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Josh Gordon's locker is next to Brady's. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +41,829
    I bet that wouldn't be the case at all, considering how positively the movie was widely received (87% audience score on RT) by Star Wars fans and people in general.

2. YOUGOTMOSSED

YOUGOTMOSSED In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,119
    On that note, I thought Linda Hamilton's "Sarah Connor" in the original Terminator was a great character. She was a coffee waitress being hunted by a virtually unstoppable cyborg from the future. She's in way over her head and has to rise above herself to have any hope of survival. That's a "strong character" we can feel for and cheer for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Stumpy

Stumpy Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +192
    I agree. There's very little tension when you now think she can do anything. Heck, Luke lost his first fight with Vader, won the second then got handled like a baby by the Emperor.
    Rey, with zero training, can all of a sudden beat a highly trained force user in Kylo Ren? Twice?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl power!

Now go beat up the typical very white Nazi fill-in bad guy! The First Order are evil white men/Nazis, we get it. That speech was so crazy and over the top.
    What a lame name, the First Order. blech.
    And why was there even something called 'The Resistance'? Didn't the good guys win in Return of the Jedi? Why is there no Galactic democracy or such? Who runs this place?

4. YOUGOTMOSSED

YOUGOTMOSSED In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,119
    Luke was always getting into trouble and needed bailing out by another character. Obi Wan saved him from the Sand People; Obi Wan saved him from the walrus guy in the bar; Han Solo flew in and saved him from being shot down right before he blows up the Death Star; Han Solo rescued him from the snowman on Hoth; Princess Leia flew in and rescued him after Vader cut his hand off and he was left dangling in cloud city; so forth and so on.

It's part of the reason we like Luke and why it's so awesome to watch his character arc as he becomes a Jedi. You don't get that at all with Rey; all you get is a lame video game character playing in "god-mode."

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. PittPatriot

PittPatriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,991
    where is a good place to get the episodes 4-7?
    Itunes? I want to share it with my little boys and see if they get into it.

6. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    They're all on Amazon Prime Video. I have a Fire Stick with Kodi on there and use Covenant for every movie I want to watch. They're all on there, too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +26,555
  8. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
  9. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    I know. I guess I'll have to go now, although I'm a bit apprehensive. The Force Awakens also got 93 percent and it sucked.

10. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    I like the writer and the director behind this one. He has experience as a director of "Breaking Bad" and also directed "Looper", which was absolutely fantastic.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. fnordcircle

fnordcircle User has put you on their 'ignore' list. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21,743
    Kylo is consistently shown to be undisciplined. I don't buy the highly trained bit either, I think only a few years have past since his time training under Luke. I'm ok with Rey having enough raw force power to fend off his mental probe, especially given some stuff that goes down in EP8.

A lot of people complain about her beating him the 2nd time and that really annoys me because the editing made it obvious what they were trying to show. Remember when Han Solo was using the bowcaster to absolutely annihilate people? Kylo took a shot from that thing in his abdomen and still went on to fight but was clearly hobbled. The much mocked bit where he was punching his own wound was an attempt to show just how wounded he was.

I don't mind people with issues with TFA, I loved it and I think I liked it more than EP8, but I can see why people had issues with it. But Rey, a powerful but raw force user, beating a wounded Kylo is fine by me.

12. fnordcircle

fnordcircle User has put you on their 'ignore' list. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21,743
    I kind of don't give a **** about the root issue some of you have with Rey which is borderline redpill nonsense, but those root issues aside I do agree that it coming so easy for her has made me care about the character less and less. When Luke faces down Vader in ESB or Kenobi 1v1s Maul, there was a better feeling that the protagonists were in over their head.

I don't need the gender issues bullshit, though, that doesn't matter to me. It's about the character, regardless of gender, just always seeming like a DBZ character or something. I don't know, I never worry about Rey like I would worry about Luke, for example. She's too much of a Mary Sue. Hell, I worried more about Kylo than he in EP8...

13. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    Proof positive that a true fanboy will irrationaly rationalize his way into concluding whatever he wants. ;) I've seen every Star Wars entry in the theater since 1977 and since ESB, it's been downhill all the way (sometimes more steeply than others), Rogue One the sole exception. The casting for TFA was botched terribly and that won't be changing. I thought TFA sucked on multiple levels. But, based on the aggregate reviews on Rotten Tomatoes I'm giving this new one a chance and will aspire not to grimace buying tickets.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  14. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
  15. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Eh, there's an issue with direction. At the beginning of the movie, Abrams makes Kylo look unstoppable and well trained (I don't recall even Vader stopping blaster strikes in mid-air and holding them there using the force) only to get his ass whipped by what was essentially the equivalent of Luke in "A New Hope".

16. mosslost

mosslost Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4,812
    It got no stars from me. Embarrassingly bad.

17. mosslost

mosslost Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4,812
    I have to say, the British Star War fand reviews in comment sections of British news stories were so funny to read. I went and read them ahead of time since they got the movie like 12 hours before us. I don't mind spoilers so I dove right in. I am having more fun reading all the griping on RT and those British commenters than I would get from any movie anyway. I went to see it and it was total cringe.

18. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +56,053
    I hate Kylo Ren. He's right there with Jar Jar Binks

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Kdo5

Kdo5 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +7,594
    That is horseshit.

I had mixed feelings about TLJ. I enjoyed it as more Star Wars but not the best. Not better than any of the originals. Better than Attack of the Clones. I may be overly negative here but I'm not sure if it even tops the Phantom Menace. The final light saber duel between Maul/Qui Gon/Obi Wan alone is better than anything in this movie.

I'm going to assume no spoilers here so I'll be vague. There is a jump the shark moment (yes even in this universe) at the beginning that distracted me for the next fifteen minutes of the movie out of annoyance.

The comedic moments did make me chuckle throughout the movie but sometimes the jokes were badly replaced, removing the tension of a scene too quickly, even in the middle of them.

I can't really dig in to the other stuff if we aren't going to post spoilers though.

Whaaaat? No way. I happened to like Ren the first movie and more so in the recent one. My favorite parts of the movie had to do with Kylo/Rey/Luke...easily. Jar Jar Binks, there is nothing comparable to how atrocious of a character he was, at least in Star Wars.

Edit: Upon thinking more about multiple plot points, the story was a mess. I still need to view a second time (via download) but I feel much worse about it than last night. I don't think I can say TLJ was better than any of the other movies except Clones. I fell asleep half way through that movie the first time.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  20. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +56,053
    I think Kylo Ren is dorky, shallow and and totally miscast.

• Winner Winner x 1