SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Steelers
Sun
Dec 16th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Shocking Ending
Sunday's loss in Miami was shocking and will likely have the Patriots doing some second-guessing this week.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Beware: the new Star Wars looks to suck badly

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Tunescribe, Nov 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +26,555
    The incessant Star Wars-themed Nissan commercials are a bad omen. That, combined with less-than-inspired trailers showing the same AWFUL cast from the last debacle (now including elderly sleepwalker Mark Hamill and virtual Carrie Fisher) portends suckage galore. This just might be the first Star Wars film I skip at the theater in 41 years.

2. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,656
    Can't suck any worse then the Phantom Menace.

My biggest gripe with the last one was that they basically lifted the exact same script from the 1st Star Wars movie. Incredibly lazy but no one seemed to care. I guess people were just happy to have another Star Wars movie.

3. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    Agreed, but the casting itself was an even bigger liability than the plot. I think Rogue One is far and away the best Star Wars film since the original trilogy in all respects. You also might be right that people care most about seeing cute robots running around, light saber fights and explosions in space.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Josh Gordon's locker is next to Brady's. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +41,829
    So does she turn to the Dark Side? I’ll still see it, but my enthusiasm has been dampened. Agree on “Rogue One”, @Tunescribe. That movie was awesome.

5. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    I'd pay $100 to see them ALL turn to the Dark Side and have that be the end of it.

They should've had different actors play old Luke and old Leia. For that matter, they should've had different actors playing pretty much everyone and different screenwriters doing the story. I'm tired of Mary Sue heroes that are more masculine than men, wimpy villains, robots that are more childlike than real children and anticlimactic massive battles that have no point other than spectacle. I'm a Star Trek guy. For me to consider seeing this new Star Wars the RT rating will have to be in the 90s.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  6. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,111
    Rogue One is among the tip top films in the Star Wars franchise if you ask me. But Nissan did indeed have a very annoying "Nissan Rogue One" ad campaign last year, so it looks like this year is just a continuation of the same.

I didn't care much for The Force Awakens, so I'm kinda meh on this, but I'll go see it.

7. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    I think Rogue One is the second best in the series (behind ESB).

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,656
    The 1st half of Rogue One was pretty boring in my opinion but it had a very good 2nd half.

Looking forward more to the Han Solo film then the new one.

9. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,111
    It's a toss-up for me, if I'm being honest, and there are times I've said Rogue One is my favorite. I think one of the biggest reasons it was such a good film was that the writers didn't feel the pressure of conforming to a story, or whatever expectations they believe come with the main storyline. They simply needed to end up roughly at the beginning of A New Hope and kill off characters that weren't in the original trilogy. Everything else was wide open and they took full advantage.

It's the reason I'm also looking forward to Han Solo more than The Last Jedi...even if I'm a little leery. I wish they would have gone in another direction because Han Solo's back story carries a lot of expectation.

10. Pats Fanatic

Pats Fanatic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +673
    Rogue One was complete garbage. An example how not to make a espionage movie. It was not fun the characters were poorly written. What is fun about these types of movies is the planning and how all the characters inter act with each other and get closer that movie had nothing close to that. That fan service at the end with Darth Vader was so over the top and stupid . At least The Force Awakens yes a remake of a New Hope was pretty fun.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    Please alert me to avoid your next post offering zero insight and unsubstantiated opinion. o_O

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Pats Fanatic

Pats Fanatic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +673
    You disagree with my post and you down me that is pathetic, have I ever done that with you or anyone else.

13. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Yeah I don’t think I’ll be taking his movie reviews seriously any time in the near future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. YOUGOTMOSSED

YOUGOTMOSSED In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,119
    Sadly, when you complain about this, it is dismissed as you being sexist. The problem with the Rey character isn't that she's a girl; the problem is that she's too good at everything which makes totally lame as a character.

15. YOUGOTMOSSED

Ratings:
    +5,119
    The Star War franchise has fallen so far that we're calling Rogue One good? At best, it's watchable.

Can we just pretend that these Stars Wars prequels and sequels never happened and a do a "re-imagined" version of them without any involvement from Disney, JJ Abrams, or George Lucas?

16. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Rogue One was very good. It's up there with the originals, better than Force Awakens, and easily better than any of the prequels.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. YOUGOTMOSSED

Ratings:
    +5,119
    Talk about setting the bar low.

Rogue One had potential but the characters were too boring/forgettable.

18. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    I don't think they were boring or forgettable at all. At least not compared to "Force Awakens". Want to talk about a boring and forgettable cast? Start there. Tune is right. The femme fatale good guy that can suddenly kick ass and take names is way outdone in Hollywood. After you start there, work back to the prequels with their disgustingly bad acting and Hayden "YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWERRRRZZZZZ" Christensen somehow bribing the right guy to play Anakin. I mean, even if you disagree that it's the second best in the entire series (I realize this is a bold claim), you really cannot dispute that it stands right up there with the originals. Especially when you consider what you're putting it up against.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  19. YOUGOTMOSSED

Ratings:
    +5,119
    I can't recall any of the names any of the characters in Rogue One and I suspect if you polled 100 random Star Wars fans, 99 of them couldn't name one either.

I don't know how Christensen got that Darth Vader role and, considering the vile stories surfacing about Hollywood these days, I think I'd prefer not to know.

20. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    You're essentially saying the same thing I'm saying. There's nothing "sexist" about my complaint; a movie heroine can be strong and still be feminine, a la Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. The Rey character is Arnold Schwarzenegger in a different body -- no sense of vulnerability.

• Agree Agree x 1