PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BEWARE THE JAGS: Leftwich is a smokescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

PYPER

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
My intuition is kicking into overdrive.

The Jags have announced that Leftwich will start Saturday Night. I believe this is an attempt to catch us off guard. While Leftwich might play, Gerard will play more.

I'm a little nervous about this game. Jacksonville is getting no respect. We're going to be playing a very angry team.

I can see Gerard causing us problems. Jacksonville will design a few plays for Gerard to take off running. Then later in the game they will try to draw our inexperienced DB's up and throw some bombs against us.

I hope BB is prepared for this. We need to bring our "A" game or we'll be one and done.

PYPER said:

The Jags have announced that Leftwich will start Saturday Night. I believe this is an attempt to catch us off guard. While Leftwich might play, Gerard will play more.

I'm a little nervous about this game. Jacksonville is getting no respect. We're going to be playing a very angry team.

I can see Gerard causing us problems. Jacksonville will design a few plays for Gerard to take off running. Then later in the game they will try to draw our inexperienced DB's up and throw some bombs against us.

I hope BB is prepared for this. We need to bring our "A" game or we'll be one and done.

And bring our "A" game we will. Jacksonville is a very good team, 12-4 isnt a fluke. BUT there is something to be said for playoff experience. Besides Jimmy Smith and Fred Taylor, they have basically none. Cincinnatti would have been the ideal matchup for them. They did not want to see us period.

Patskers said:
And bring our "A" game we will. Jacksonville is a very good team, 12-4 isnt a fluke. BUT there is something to be said for playoff experience. Besides Jimmy Smith and Fred Taylor, they have basically none. Cincinnatti would have been the ideal matchup for them. They did not want to see us period.

Actually, beating us is the best way for them to finally get some respect. I'm sure they wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm just worried that our crowd won't be into it. I don't think many Pats fans realize that this really is a game that we could lose.

For those of you lucky enough to go to the game.....PLEASE STAND UP AND MAKE SOME NOISE!!!! (Except for when our offense is on the field. I wish I didn't need to say that but...)

First I think you are right to be concerned about the JAGs. It is a team
that can be unpredictable.
I do however really think they want Leftwich to play because of his arm.
Garrard does not have the deep ball like Leftwich. They want to spread the
PATs D out so their running game will work. Garrard is not a threat to do
that. If Garrard plays I see the PATs playing closer to the line and Taylor
having a difficult day.
On the other side,
If the Jags can get to Brady , if PATs Oline can't keep this sack happy team
off Brady ... it will be a long day for the PATs and a very close game.
I don't expect Dillion to do much against this team ... 50-70 yards at most.
This could end up being a low scoring very physical game.
The thing that could allow the PAts to score a lot would be the Oline but
they will have to play out of their cleats. This is not highly probable.

PYPER said:

Just got off a conference call with Mangini and Belichick--they wanted me to thank you for thinking of this.

PYPER said:

It's the playoffs. Win or be gone. They'll be as prepared as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes