Better Call Saul Season 5 back tonight

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Hyped

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
We do know that the events in BCS take six years prior to Walt and Jesse cooking meth for the first time.

So, we don't see Nacho, Lalo, and Kim in BB.....so I think all die next season or "drift apart". Tuco is in BB....and I remember a scene from BB where Gus kills everyone at Don Eladio's place with the pool....I don't remember Lalo nor Nacho in that scene.

Man, I am still PISSED that Walt killed Mike...Mike is by far my favorite TV character of all time....just perfect...he's Belichickian!

Ice_Ice_Brady

Team Bill's Worst Nightmare
We do know that the events in BCS take six years prior to Walt and Jesse cooking meth for the first time.

So, we don't see Nacho, Lalo, and Kim in BB.....so I think all die next season or "drift apart". Tuco is in BB....and I remember a scene from BB where Gus kills everyone at Don Eladio's place with the pool....I don't remember Lalo nor Nacho in that scene.

Man, I am still PISSED that Walt killed Mike...Mike is by far my favorite TV character of all time....just perfect...he's Belichickian!

Kim is the ultimate wild card. It really seemed that “her time to die” came and passed dramatically. I think the chances of her being alive post-BCS increased quite a bit. Seems there are other possibilities now that weren’t likely at all before. Maybe she’s in hiding. Maybe she’s in prison. Kim had a remarkable character change this season.

For Nacho, it seems to be about whether or not he can convince Pops to skip town. He is as scorched as it gets.

I think Lalo is dead for BB. Because he knows Gus ordered the attack, yet Gus has that cartel poisoning scene that you referenced. The cartel is clearly not on to him.

If Vince Gilligan wanted to do a series about the early days of cartel, what a project that would be.

Easy for cast members to be overlooked...Patrick Fabian as Howard is another one who is just excellent.

Last edited:

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
That was a fantastic ending and I didn’t think any of it was a cliff hanger. Kim turning to the dark side was actually foreshadowed in the scene going back to her childhood where she was raised by a woman who seems to be a carbon copy of Jimmy. I think it’s more obvious that she’s either going to take the fall for the scheme and go to prison, or will need a new identity via the vacuum guy.

Nacho is dead. He thought Lalo was going to die and didn’t do much to cover his tracks. The loan voice of reason Jimmy had, Kim, is now concocting her own plans for world domination. He still had somewhat of a conscience by the end of this season but now that will be gone and he will be the Saul that we all know and love next season.

That shoot out was awesome. Unpredictably stupid move by Gus going for the hit at Lalo’s house, though. He should have tried to get him at some point when he was out in the open. Lalo had the tactical advantage there. Although one could easily surmise that he simply underestimated Lalo as well. Looking forward to next season.

Ice_Ice_Brady

That was a fantastic ending and I didn’t think any of it was a cliff hanger. Kim turning to the dark side was actually foreshadowed in the scene going back to her childhood where she was raised by a woman who seems to be a carbon copy of Jimmy. I think it’s more obvious that she’s either going to take the fall for the scheme and go to prison, or will need a new identity via the vacuum guy.

Nacho is dead. He thought Lalo was going to die and didn’t do much to cover his tracks. The loan voice of reason Jimmy had, Kim, is now concocting her own plans for world domination. He still had somewhat of a conscience by the end of this season but now that will be gone and he will be the Saul that we all know and love next season.

That shoot out was awesome. Unpredictably stupid move by Gus going for the hit at Lalo’s house, though. He should have tried to get him at some point when he was out in the open. Lalo had the tactical advantage there. Although one could easily surmise that he simply underestimated Lalo as well. Looking forward to next season.

Re: Kim

A recurring theme is how near death experiences, or how confronting one’s mortality, tends to change the characters dramatically.

Breaking Bad starts out with Walter’s cancer diagnosis.

Better Call Saul starts with Jimmy’s life nearly ending at the hands of Tuco.

Jesse deals with this often as he is haunted by his girlfriend’s overdose and also being nearly beaten to death.

Kim is nearly killed by Lalo, then promptly quits her career and breaks bad, too.

Guess we shouldn’t be too surprised after all.

PittPatriot

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I was trying to stretch this season out but caved and watched the last episode.
Lalo is going to be hard kill. It's probably have to going to be Mike.
I came away feeling so bad for Nacho. A good guy who is just in too deep.

It will be hard waiting for the next season...

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
1.) The Sopranos peaked at the "Pine Barrens" episode, IMO....and basically had a "cop out" ending.....c'mon man!

I used to hate the ending until I learned more about it. Now I think it is one of the greatest and most innovative endings to a show of all time. There's a good breakdown about it but basically you need to pay attention to the sound of the bell when the door gets opened, that signals that we are switching to seeing through Tony's eyes. Then you need to keep an eye on the guy wearing a Member's Only jacket.

Once you do that I think the ending becomes amazing not because of the story it tells - what happens isn't exactly crazy or mindblowing - just how they tell it. Because there's a final bell ring and everything goes black because Member's Only guy has just walked back out of the bathroom so he can put one behind Tony's ear.

Hyped

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I used to hate the ending until I learned more about it. Now I think it is one of the greatest and most innovative endings to a show of all time. There's a good breakdown about it but basically you need to pay attention to the sound of the bell when the door gets opened, that signals that we are switching to seeing through Tony's eyes. Then you need to keep an eye on the guy wearing a Member's Only jacket.

Once you do that I think the ending becomes amazing not because of the story it tells - what happens isn't exactly crazy or mindblowing - just how they tell it. Because there's a final bell ring and everything goes black because Member's Only guy has just walked back out of the bathroom so he can put one behind Tony's ear.

But I would have liked the visceral responses from Tony's family at least....maybe one shot of Edie Flaco splattered with blood....

Dunno....the show really built up to something like that...but yeah I see how you might see it as a great ending. All serial TV shows are really about the ride, not the destination....otherwise, we would all vehemently hate "Lost"......

Ice_Ice_Brady

I didn’t care too much about the ending to the Sopranos. I thought it was fine...in fact, I’d give it a solid B.

The final season storyline had already been sewn up...and the series was always about a very organic occurring reality and not some heavily plot driven crap.

So it could have ended with them eating dinner and fading to black, or Tony just going to bed with another day done, or Tony just driving on the highway. I would have been more disappointed with some weird, rushed, forced plot twist that didn’t fit like a lot of shows do.

I think David Chase confirmed he died. That’s what I thought probably happened. But again, it just didn’t matter all that much. Because whether he dies there or not doesn’t change the rest of the series in the least.

The only stone I would have liked to see unturned is, if he did die, did his family survive too?

It wasn’t like Game of Thrones where the show promised you answers, epic battles, and an incredible climax, and then gave you the finger.

Just my opinion.

@fnordcircle
@Hyped

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
It sucks my 2 shows I want to come back..new TD season and this..will be delayed most likley until 2022 with covid...which blows

Ice_Ice_Brady

Okay two things about this clip of Saul during Breaking Bad with his reference to Lalo and Ignacio.

1. It sure sounds like Lalo is still alive in BB. Not certain but Saul clearly appears to be referring to orders from Lalo, as in not a dead guy. “Lalo didn’t send you?”

2. Just curious, how long do you think the show runners planned a prequel? And how much of the pre-BB story do you think was developed when they shot this scene?

@fnordcircle
@KontradictioN

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
1. It sure sounds like Lalo is still alive in BB. Not certain but Saul clearly appears to be referring to orders from Lalo, as in not a dead guy. “Lalo didn’t send you?”

I was waiting for them to show us who it was he was talking about in that scene in Breaking Bad. Honestly I can see Lalo being dead and Saul just not knowing about it. I'm just pretty sure Nacho
ends up dead which is a bummer because I like him as much as anyone in that show.

2. Just curious, how long do you think the show runners planned a prequel? And how much of the pre-BB story do you think was developed when they shot this scene?

I don't think they planned a prequel I just think they fleshed out enough of the Breaking Bad universe that taking the threads and working backwards wasn't hard at all. There's no lazy character development in Vince's two shows.

Nikolai

Football Atheist
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
I think Kim is alive, and Jimmy/Saul is probably going to cross paths with her again in the post-BB storyline. My thinking is that she's in hiding, just like Jimmy is.

In the flashback to her childhood, her mother is driving a car with Nebraska plates, suggesting that's where she grew up. Saul is there now. Did she run back "home"? Did Saul know that and engineer his escape plan to put him in proximity? Is that why he couldn't walk away to a new place when he got made?

Just things I wonder about...

Outstanding show.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
Man, I'm gonna have to rewatch Season 5 in anticipation... and at this point, maybe the whole series. It is a classic.

aluminum seats

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Man, I'm gonna have to rewatch Season 5 in anticipation... and at this point, maybe the whole series. It is a classic.
I like to do a rewatch before the final season of great series...the start was so long ago, really brings it all back. I did that with Game of Thrones...of course that ending was a bust, but still