Second and goal - 35 seconds left
  • Another run and Patriots stuff them again
  • Colts call time out
Third and goal
  • Peyton passes left and over receivers head
Fourth and goal
  • McGinest comes back in
  • Peyton hands the ball off
  • McGinest comes off the edge (unblocked) and tackles Edge for a loss and seals the game with 11 seconds left
  • and to be fair Ted Washington had a great push up with middle
  • And that leg looks fine as Big Willie runs down the center of his field with celebration

The Patriots are now 10-2 with the possibility of wrapping up the AFC East next Sunday with a win over Miami. Sets the Patriots up for the post season/home field advantage and takes it to the Colts in their own house.

I'm going for nostalgia here: In-season game

Patriots @ the Colts November 30th 2003

4th quarter 1:09 to play
  • Colts with the ball at the 9 yard line
  • 2nd and 1 yard to go for first down
  • Pats up 38-34
  • McGinest comes off field with an apparent injury
  • Dungy arguing with refs about Patriots faking inury to get extra time
  • Edge get a handoff and gets down to the 1 yard line for a first down
First and Goal
  • Colts try a run and gets stuffed
Second and goal - 35 seconds left
  • Another run and Patriots stuff them again
  • Colts call time out
Third and goal
  • Peyton passes left and over receivers head
Fourth and goal
  • McGinest comes back in
  • Peyton hands the ball off
  • McGinest comes off the edge (unblocked) and tackles Edge for a loss and seals the game with 11 seconds left
  • and to be fair Ted Washington had a great push up with middle
  • And that leg looks fine as Big Willie runs down the center of his field with celebration

The Patriots are now 10-2 with the possibility of wrapping up the AFC East next Sunday with a win over Miami. Sets the Patriots up for the post season/home field advantage and takes it to the Colts in their own house.

Willie fooled PEDton on the 4th down play.

Last edited:
All this talk about Manning got me to thinking. I knew he had a lot of one and done playoffs but I had never looked that closely at them. I just did that and it's even worse than I thought.

PEDton had 9 one and done's. He was at home for 6 of those, was the top seed 3 times and the 2nd twice. The other time he lost the first playoff game at home was in the WC round when he lost to the vaunted 9-7 Jets (the first of his two against NJ).

This is the list of PEDton's one and done's;

Year/Seed/Opponent
99 - 2 - Ten
00 - 6 - @Mia
02 - 5 - @NJ
05 - 1 - Pitt
07 - 1 - SD
08 - 5 - @SD
10 - 5 - NJ
12(Den) - 1 - Balt
14(Den) - 2 - Indy

Ironically, Indy gave PEDton his last one and done and the Pats never gave him any. The Pats managed to beat him after he had one of his rare first playoff game wins.

With Tompa scared shi*tless to use his driver, opting to tee off with fairway woods only, is it fair to say Tompa is a “system golfer“ too?

Asking for all the big dogs who thunder-crank with oversized sticks, unlike Senor Bundchen.

Poor Tiger....with all the heavy lifting Tiger had to endure.....
Does Tiger now know what it is like to live in the shoes of Troy Brown, Wes Welker, and Edelperson?

Teflon Tom:“ I’ll hit you with a 1 sec quick pass at the LOS. You‘ll need to avoid DTs, DEs, LBs, Safeties.... get 10 yards and a 1st down. Watch out for your knees, minimize those head shots. And if all goes well, I’ll catch up with you after the game after I call my besties in Hollywood, nuzzle with all the women that dominate my existence ....and Alex gives me a private twice over.”

Last edited:

1:52:27 Fivehead almost laughed when Vanderjerk missed Loool

1:31:31 Still amazed that was not an int

Looking back I wish the Colts did win this game for obvious reasons since the Steelers went on to win the SB.
Colts would've embarrassed the Broncos. That was a team Manning liked playing.

The playoff wins stand out most,

but the regular season big 2nd half comeback over the Denver version of Peyton Manning sure brought a wide smile.

Pats games only? Because I never cheered for another team as hard as I did when Tracy Porter picked him off and took it to the house

When that happened, I screamed, "Kiss my arse, Bill Polian" to no one in particular.....

Fun Superbowl......and I loved Payton going for a onsides kick to start the 2nd half.

Honorable mention: AFC Championship - Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots - January 18th, 2004 24-14

This isn't as glaring a flop on paper - but it's an even more egregious game for Manning personally, who threw 4 picks. Hilariously he completed as many passes to Ty Law as he did to Marvin Harrison (3 each) and was sacked 4 times on top of that.

Yeah this game was also a blowout, but the Pats offense struggled in the red zone, should've been 31-14 really...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes