SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Mon
Oct 21st
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Stellar Performance
Another strong performance by the defense leads to points and played a key role as the Patriots improved to 6-0 Thursday night.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Best Buy didn't scam me. The Finish Line scammed me....

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Keegs, Feb 14, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22,049
    ---
    Re: Best Buy scammed me. I'm never shopping there again.

All you need to do is tell your credit card company you want to dispute the charge. they don't like doing it but they have to if asked. You ask for the forms ... fill them out and it's a done deal.

Funny thing is that when you request the forms the credit card companies always call the disputed charger behind the scenes. Every time I have done this I get a phone call that the charges have been reversed ... never getting to the filling out the forms part.

Never, ever trust the charger to return the money .. always do it from the credit card backwards. They will try to convince you to do it through BB ... but you don't have to and they know it.

2. Keegs

Keegs In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +22
    ---

I called my credit card company.

They didn't tell me much but said i should call Sports Illustrated.

I told them that this ripoff crap is all over the internet and asked if it had anything to do with Best Buy. The guy chuckled and said probably. I asked him how i can find out the details.

he said to call Sports Illustrated.

I called Sports illustrated and they could not find any of my info. My address, name, and all that would not come up at all.

Then he asked if he could have my credit card number to search for the order and i laughed at him and said no way.

I guess i want to know more but i really don't want to give SI my damn credit card number. that was the problem to begin with.

3. Keegs

Ratings:
    +22
    ---

Ok. So i called Sports Illustrated back and tried again, thinking the first person was just a moron. Well they were, but the second person couldn't help me either. They kept asking my personal info., trying to confirm my name, address, and zip but i would repeatedly tell them that it's obviously not going to bring anything up b/c it was fraud and i never received any of the magazines.

So i finally decide to let them use my credit card number to check. And then i see that it was charged at a FINISH LINE on December 6th. Which makes perfect sense..... I bought clearance running shoes at a Finish Line on black friday and the scumbag that rang me up asked me repeatedly if i wanted magazines and i always said "no".

So I call that Finish line and talk to the manager. He says he probably knows who it is, the kid was fired before Christmas, but i give him the info and he searches the transaction anyways. And yes, it's the kid that was screwing everyone else over. I heard the guys in the back say "Abe" but i didn't get the name and didn't ask for it.

But i have the name and address of the person the magazines were sent to under my credit card. This person was most likely the friend of the person who rang me up.

I'm thinking of sending them a note about how they will never read Sports Illustrated again on my watch or sending them A bunch of papers made to look like a sports illustrated, saying inside that the police have been notified and will be on their way to the house shortly.

Any suggestions of how to handle this situation?
    There are tons of options, none of which i'm going to take that involve me getting arrested or in trouble.... that would be stupid.

4. Snake

Snake Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0
    ---

There isn't a whole lot you can do. You were made whole by the credit card company...they took the charge off your account. If anyone is to press charges, it will either be the credit card company or the store, and I doubt either will do so. That costs money. The kid was fired. If he uses the Finish Line as a reference for a job, they will probably generate a real neutral reference. Unless they took legal action against the kid, they would leave themselves wide open if they gave him a bad reference based on this situation and didn't take legal action. The kid could sue them, and there wouldn't be much they could do....they never pursued an action against the kid. The kid could always tell a court he thought the customers said yes they wanted a subscription, but he must have misunderstood. The cost to litigate such an action is prohibitive.

In this case, as in many cases, the kid skates. It's not uncommon.

5. Keegs

Ratings:
    +22
    ---

i checked an online "phone book" website...

and the name and address of the person who the magazine went to is a real person.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    the name wasn't made up. so it would have to be friend right?

you can't make up a name and address of a complete stranger can u?

6. Dino 6 Rings

Dino 6 Rings Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0
    ---

My wife came home from work yesterday and told me a horror story about Best Buy. She needed to by a card for a computer, and to be sure it had everything she needed, she looked it up online to make sure she got the SKU number and the right card, then called and made sure it was in stock at the local Store. She showed up, bought it, got it back to work and attempted to use it on the computer, and it didn't have the right amount of ports. So she had to call Corporate, and 1st have them tell her which card she really needed, the $175.00 one she bought or the $275 next model up. Then she (after 4 transfers and at least 10 mins on hold between transfers all together) gets in touch with a manager's manager, and explains they need to fix their "effing" website.

Then she calls the store and they start telling her she needs the 1st one she bought, and then she has to fight with them, telling them that the website is wrong and that they need to talk to corporate. They finally give in and then she goes off on them, "Listen, I'm coming in, My name is "her name" and I want YOU to be there when I get there, I don't want to wait in line, I want this product ready when I walk in and I want someone to exchange my wrong product, that you incorrectly sold me for the right one and I want reimbursed (against their policy once you open the box). She got there, the guy at the door saw here with the Best Buy bag and said "I'll have to check that" She looked right at the guy and said "I'm (her name)" and the guy looked at her and said, "Sorry ma'am, please go right over to that counter" Where they were waiting for her and took care of her professionally.

She was so pssed at them, she vented to me for 20 minutes. It was great and made me think of this forum.

7. Keegs

Ratings:
    +22
    ---
    here is where i stand........

1.) I know where the kid worked who charged my card... The Finish Line

2.) I know Full name, address, and telephone number of the person who received the magazines.... (most likely a friend of the Finish Line cashier)

3.) I took the advice of my credit card company and agreed to switch numbers.... meaning i'm without the card i ALWAYS use, for 7-10 business days until the new one arrives.

4.) I have all of the information about the date of the original transaction at the store, the date that the fraudulent charge was put on my card, and the store number.

5.) The Finish Line Manager said they cannot legally give me the name of the Cashier who used my card number, and he's since been fired.

6.) The Manager says he asked his manager and that he was told "it's being taken care of"

I'm annoyed by this. I'm reported the crime to the local FBI office since the cashier told me it's happened many many times until the kid was fired.

Also, i'm planning on crafting up a witty letter to send to the recipient of the magazines that I was charged for....

any ideas fellas?

8. jcdavey

jcdavey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2
    ---
    so you pretty much ragged on best buy when it wasn't even best buy who scammed you?

nice lol

this reminds me of the time some of my fellow charger fans wanted to boycott kraft cheese products because they thought the pats owner was that kraft....

too funny

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  9. Keegs

Ratings:
    +22
    ---
    well I shop at best buy once or twice a month.

I've been to The Finish Line once.

Both offer magazines but Best Buy came up when i checked the fradulent charge on the internet and i assumed it was them since im always there.

but yeah it is funny. Stupid Best Buy.

10. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249
    ---
    Maybe something like If I wanted to be scammed I'd play on-line poker..

11. Keegs

Ratings:
    +22
    ---
    Oh god. comon dude.:singing:

I still don't understand how you can prove Online poker to be rigged, by asking me to prove how it isn't rigged and then saying "see, it's rigged"

:D

12. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249
    ---
    And vice versa back at ya :cool:

13. Keegs

Ratings:
    +22
    ---
    Does anyone here know if it actually is "illegal" for The Finish Line to give me the kid's name?

he has since been fired and the manager said they could not tell me who it was.
    Even when i said i wanted to file a report