PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bengals resting starters

Yeah, but giving your starters a week off every thirty years or so seems like the right thing to do.
Based on the Bungles franchise record they've been taking the regular seasons off as well

So the mediots are saying the Bengals WANT the Patriots and are resting starters on purpose. LOL.
What do you guys think? I guess I can see it because they probably don't have any fear of Mac and the O.

The problem with that theory from those media members is: Given our history playing down in Miami (often times with better teams than we have this year, and playing worse Dolphin teams than the 2021 version), no one should assume we're locked into the 5 seed. If Cincy loses on purpose to play us, then we lose and they play the Bills anyway, it would be a massive miscalculation.

I'm fairly confident they win tomorrow, because I think they're the better team, but I've been confident going into Miami before. The Bengals shouldn't be worrying about who they're playing, they should be focused on figuring out how not to get Burrow killed.

Well, nobody really matches up with Chase. But their offensive line is still a weakness. Burrow getting the ball out quickly, ala Brady, has more or less masked it. I think we match up about as well with them as anyone in the AFC. I don’t see a loss there. I think getting physical with their WRs at the line via press will force Burrow to hold the ball long enough to take some hits/sacks.
Then I see lots of 5 yard holding penalties if we play physical with their receivers.

Then I see lots of 5 yard holding penalties if we play physical with their receivers.
And Burrow taking off a good amount on a gimpy wheel. Press zone should be the order of the day.

Would like to see JC Jackson vs Ja'Marr Chase

When playing against a star receiver Bill usually prefers to double-team him with a corner/safety over top and let our top corner (here Jackson) cover their WR2 (here Higgins, who as very nearly as many receptions as Chase) one-on-one.

I don't think we pissed it away. We lost to two better teams that probably should have been favored over us. To be totally honest we got a break playing Buffalo which is a big past first team in horrible whether, having them play the Bucs with Brady who has their number the following week, on top of the most embarrassing lost of the season against the Jags. We were only even up in the division due several fortunate circumstances against Buffalo that helped us.

The reality is, this team is merely above average and not really a power house. If we are being honest, this is kind of weak year in the AFC where the race has been wide open and we still couldn't do it even with a few breaks our way. For a team trying to get back to the top we made good progress. Maybe Bill will work some playoff magic, but the most realistic scenario that there are too many bonafide contendors to get through that can out talent us to too good of a degree
Agree. We’re a good team this year and our record reflects that. Not a great team yet. Our run defense has holes and Mac is still a rookie. But a lot better than we were last season in almost every aspect.

I don't think we pissed it away. We lost to two better teams that probably should have been favored over us. To be totally honest we got a break playing Buffalo which is a big past first team in horrible whether, having them play the Bucs with Brady who has their number the following week, on top of the most embarrassing lost of the season against the Jags. We were only even up in the division due several fortunate circumstances against Buffalo that helped us.

The reality is, this team is merely above average and not really a power house. If we are being honest, this is kind of weak year in the AFC where the race has been wide open and we still couldn't do it even with a few breaks our way. For a team trying to get back to the top we made good progress. Maybe Bill will work some playoff magic, but the most realistic scenario that there are too many bonafide contendors to get through that can out talent us to too good of a degree
If you think about it, I really don't think there are any power houses in the AFC this year. Just going on stats, the Bills have scored less than 20 points more than the Patriots this year and have given up more, the same with KC. The titans have scored less than the Pats by quite a lot and given up way more. Very similar numbers with the Bengals and the Colts. None of these teams are head and shoulders above the Pats.
Sometimes we see a bad game by the Pats and we think it means we are just above average. Some of these losses have been because we came out with no energy or it was a bad game plan or just made lots of mistakes and the other team capitalized. Against the Colts and the Bills we had no energy and allowed them to control the game from the opening kickoff ! Maybe I am being a homer but I don't see either of those teams being so much better than the Pats, the same goes for any AFCC team. The Patriots can obviously win if they play mistake free football and the same goes for any of these teams. I say bring it on whomever the opponent is, looking forward to the playoffs after a 1 year absence !!!!!

When playing against a star receiver Bill usually prefers to double-team him with a corner/safety over top and let our top corner (here Jackson) cover their WR2 (here Higgins, who as very nearly as many receptions as Chase) one-on-one.
The difference being a lot more zone with the current crew (mostly because of Mills and Bryant as well as vs mobile QBs).

Keeping the streak alive?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back