PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick said he had "misinterpreted" NFL rules - true or BS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we have to listen to what other teams posters have to say. How can they even relate to our perceptions and feelings about what's going on, what we decide is our business, it's our team, we support them, it our business.

Do we really care what you have to say, the fact you need to bring it here seems sad to me. Kinda like you'd been hurt and embarrassed recently or your afraid of what the future holds, " is it going to happen again ", could that be it ?

I mean, why else would you be here, in our forum, saying what your saying.

It's like delivering bad news that can wait to someone who's dad just died, your all lost sad fools.

But seriously

THANKS FOR ALL THAT TACKLIN FUEL

Re: Belichick said he had "misinterpreted" NFL rules-true or bs?

Belichick didn't deny the Pat's were using sideline video to gain a competitive advantage, he simply said they didn't do so during a game. That's effectively an admission the Pat's coaching staff cheated, although Belichick said unintentionally.

The Commissioner didn't suspend Belichick and the Pat's didn't forfeit the Jets game which is probably an admission that whatever the Pat's were doing likely didn't have the impact on game outcomes that Eric Mangini seemed to allege.

Who cares, it's over. It's time to move on. Extend his contract, give him a huge bonus and win a couple more SB's before Brady has to retire...oh God, I don't want that day to come!

The biggest difference between the Patriots players and the rest of the league is the level of professionalism they carry with them to each game. Football is an emotional game and the Patriots do their share of the hoot-hoot routine on the field. Where they are different from 80-90% of their competitors is the responsibilty each of them accepts in their roles as part of the team. That my friends, is called professionalism.

Proud to be a Homer!

Are you sure the right word is "homer" for someone who believes that 8--90% of the league is composed of players who aren't even worth being called "professional" "Stupid" and "arrogant" seem more descriptive words.

Who cares, it's over. It's time to move on. Extend his contract, give him a huge bonus and win a couple more SB's before Brady has to retire...oh God, I don't want that day to come!

The biggest difference between the Patriots players and the rest of the league is the level of professionalism they carry with them to each game. Football is an emotional game and the Patriots do their share of the hoot-hoot routine on the field. Where they are different from 80-90% of their competitors is the responsibilty each of them accepts in their roles as part of the team. That my friends, is called professionalism.

Proud to be a Homer!

Are you sure the right word is "homer" for someone who believes that 8--90% of the league is composed of players who aren't even worth being called "professional" "Stupid" and "arrogant" seem more descriptive words.

Listen mgteich, if you don't like what I have to say...too bad! But don't you dare change my words or my meaning...or I'll have you reprimanded by your peers! mod or not.

I spoke about the Patriots "level" of professionalism. The proof is there for you to see. So tell me, who said 80-90% of the players in the NFL were "not worthy of being called professional"?

Guess what buddy? You said that, not me.

Questions: Are you a reporter? And do you have an issue with me other than this quote? If so, spit it out.

For your reference, here's what I said.

Proud to be a Homer!

So, we apparently differ on our attitudes toward the level of professionalism on other teams. So what? It's not a matter of "liking" what you say. I read your post and made my inferences, and responsed.

Listen mgteich, if you don't like what I have to say...too bad! But don't you dare change my words or my meaning...or I'll have you reprimanded by your peers! mod or not.

I spoke about the Patriots "level" of professionalism. The proof is there for you to see. So tell me, who said 80-90% of the players in the NFL were "not worthy of being called professional"?

Guess what buddy? You said that, not me.

Questions: Are you a reporter? And do you have an issue with me other than this quote? If so, spit it out.

For your reference, here's what I said.

So, we apparently differ on our attitudes toward the level of professionalism on other teams. So what? It's not a matter of "liking" what you say. I read your post and made my inferences, and responsed.

Make sure you quote me accurately in the future...apology accepted:cool:

I find it laughable you tried to insinuate that I'm stupid or arrogant and then had the arrogance to LIE about what I said. that was not a misinterpretation of what I said, you blatantly lied...so who's stupid or arrogant?

What I said:
"The biggest difference between the Patriots players and the rest of the league is the level of professionalism they carry with them to each game. Football is an emotional game and the Patriots do their share of the hoot-hoot routine on the field. Where they are different from 80-90% of their competitors is the responsibilty each of them accepts in their roles as part of the team. That my friends, is called professionalism."

How mgteich lied about what I said
"Are you sure the right word is "homer" for someone who believes that 8--90% of the league is composed of players who aren't even worth being called "professional" "Stupid" and "arrogant" seem more descriptive words.

You sound like you're worried about the IMAGE of Patriots fans... I'm not. I'm proud to call myself a Patriots fan and believe we're the best fans in the country...I won't apologize to anyone for that!

If you read the rules there is no rule, nor even any rule close, to outlawing "stealing sign".

Too smart by half, for an intimidated Commissioner, in awe of the wrath of NYC media in a feeding frenzy.
frown.gif

If Bob Kraft were Al Davis he would go to court and he would win. The Law is what the Law says, not what it meant to say. But I don't think he will, as that would undermine Commissioner Goodell. But I wouldn't invest in Mangini's career, though...

Well said. I agree 100% although I don't know that Kraft has any legal recourse in a court as I suspect Goodell's word on NFL regulations is law.

I'm pretty disgusted with the way the United States as a whole has reacted to this whole thing, and with Goodell in particular. Not to drag politics into this, but I haven't felt this way since the last Presidential election.

Well said. I agree 100% although I don't know that Kraft has any legal recourse in a court as I suspect Goodell's word on NFL regulations is law.

I'm willing to bet that Kraft was a part of Goodell's deliberations on a punishment. Losing a 1st round pick is not what Kraft wanted obviously, but the commissioner must have convinced him he needed to come down hard in this situation.

I'm also willing to bet that Kraft had his say during this time. The Pats have been the victim of other teams' questionable tactics. If Goodell will be consistent in investigating/punishing these other issues, I believe Kraft will accept this incident as eventually serving some good.

Just my opinion but Goodell needs all the owners behind him as the CBA expiration quickly approaches. A lawsuit or major disagreement in the media would be blood in the water for the NFLPA.

I don't care about the image of patriot fans. It is what it is. I'm sure Arizona fans think that they are the best fans it the country too. There is no reason to apologize.

You sound like you're worried about the IMAGE of Patriots fans... I'm not. I'm proud to call myself a Patriots fan and believe we're the best fans in the country...I won't apologize to anyone for that!

I don't care about the image of patriot fans. It is what it is. I'm sure Arizona fans think that they are the best fans it the country too. There is no reason to apologize.

Ok then, I guess we agree:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes