PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick on the Miami Loss - we're not on to Pittsburgh

Before we move "on to Pittsburgh" we can read Reiss's notes.

One I found interesting:

View attachment 45324

And:

View attachment 45325

Ref:

Re:10, it's always interesting when you see performnce kudos for a guy with a malign nickname like Slojuan. You know the moment I say this and stress this positive writeup 10 people will yell how stupid/blind Reiss is

Not directing this at the OP, but the over-analyzation of everything Belichick does and says by the media and the fanbase is going to ridiculous levels. I am sure talk radio will spend three days on this quote.
You know I have some posts I worked on, and they were really good posts for us, I executed well. I have other posts that sometimes there's things to work on and you guys can write about that.

Too much speculation ... introspection ... evaluation ... it is a process to get back into the top. The NFL has done a decent job of achieving balance and equality ... the top is timing and luck ... what franchise has enjoyed our ride ... be happy we enjoyed it ... is history and our once in a lifetime enjoyment. Just looking for reasons to complain and analyze ... so lame .. human negativity ... enjoy the f'ing team and what you enjoyed ... tired of drama ... so tired ...

Surprising that Ninko is calling this a "must win" game this early in the season.

“And I say that because if you start out 0-2 — and then they’re playing the Ravens after that — you put yourself in a hole here,” Ninkovich said. “We know the Ravens are a great football team. The Patriots are trying to figure themselves out right now.”

I agree, but mainly because we could be battling the Steelers for that #7 WC spot.

1. Bills/KC
2. Bills/KC
3. CIN/BAL
4. IND/TEN
5. LAC
6. CIN/BAL
7. MIA/NE/PIT/DEN

It almost puts a new gloss on that game... it was a definitive statement that there was NOTHING to learn from that game lol... best thing to do was be on to Cincinnatti. Over-interpreting I am sure.

I always thought the “ on to Cincinnati “ quotes were to deliberately get all of the attention on Belichick, and off the team. And it worked beautifully, as the media ran with the quote for a week.

Surprising that Ninko is calling this a "must win" game this early in the season.

“And I say that because if you start out 0-2 — and then they’re playing the Ravens after that — you put yourself in a hole here,” Ninkovich said. “We know the Ravens are a great football team. The Patriots are trying to figure themselves out right now.”

I agree, but mainly because we could be battling the Steelers for that #7 WC spot.

1. Bills/KC
2. Bills/KC
3. CIN/BAL
4. IND/TEN
5. LAC
6. CIN/BAL
7. MIA/NE/PIT/DEN
More important for the team to play well.

Sometimes, especially on the road, things don't go your way.

But if we play well, we'll know it, and that is what counts as the season progresses.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back