PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Being a new Patriots fan, but long time football fan, I have a question for long time Patriot fans

It was a nightmare and the reason that after being raised a Falcon fan and suffering through season after season after season of let downs, I gave up!
My first memory of a playoff game with the Falcons was in 1980 against the Cowboys when once again the Falcons gave up a huge lead and lost the game. I was at the game with my Daddy and brothers, I was crying so hard my Daddy had to carry me to the car. As we were going back to game, this horrible Cowboy fan said to Daddy, better toughen up your baby girl and laughed, my big brother tried to punched him in the nose but my Dad stopped him!
That's rough.

Honestly I do feel bad for their fans that they experienced that. I wouldn't feel bad if it were Ravens or Bills fans.

This is why I've tried not to get too caught up in the Chiefs win/loss record. But it's tough. Losing that SB to TB kind of left me in a daze for a few days.

Ultimately I can't let that happen again though. Sports should be entertainment.
Easier said than done though.

You play to win the game. BB is making decisions that (1) aren'T popular and (2) aren't panning out. But is he to fault ? Or are the players failing at the most inopportune times, in devastating fashion ?

You could argue either / both.

The team is infuriating because they give us a glimpse of what could be, but are just under the line of "good team" and it frustrates.

You say this after the offense only ran 50 plays, to Dallas' 82 plays, had a half-dozen 3 and outs that depleted the defense, and the team is 2-4 and has gone 0-4 at home for the first time since...1993.

Maybe focus more on the crappy team and what the problems are to make it better. Stop being a blind homer.

You play to win the game. BB is making decisions that (1) aren'T popular and (2) aren't panning out. But is he to fault ? Or are the players failing at the most inopportune times, in devastating fashion ?

You could argue either / both.

The team is infuriating because they give us a glimpse of what could be, but are just under the line of "good team" and it frustrates.

The staff around Bill is subpar. Get rid of both Ziegler and McD.

Mac is the real deal. Agree.
In all honesty, I can't remember one play when Mac actually strides forward to deliver a form perfect pass.
For Young Brady, his most accurate days were when he had time and room to stride forward.
With Mac, accuracy is not the issue but velocity is and one can only hope he can get cleaner pockets and more time to zip some passes instead of throwing off his back foot with monsters in his face.
-------------------------------------------
Regarding Josh, I hear the soup at the Pats cafeteria sucks and Josh is to blame for that too

Phil Perry just noted the same thing. Pats did well to start the game with their scripted plays using 2 TEs, as BB helps with the pregame plan on run/pass balance and using both TEs. Then offense totally stalls out for a half dozen drives after the first quarter, 3 and outs over and over ditching the 2TE offense for the crappy spread shotgun.

"On their first seven plays of the game against Dallas, they picked up 98 yards and scored two touchdowns. Four passes, three runs. One explosive pass. Two explosive runs.

All with two tight ends -- Smith and Henry -- on the field.

...By the early portion of the second quarter, the Patriots had run 10 plays with two tight ends on the field and picked up 104 yards. Deploying big bodies -- two backs and two tight ends were on the field on seven of those 10 plays -- led to one of the most efficient stretches of offensive play the Patriots had put together all season.

But after that tenth snap, when right tackle Yodny Cajuste was beaten for a strip sack, the Patriots changed course. They tried to run twice out of their 22-personnel look at the end of the first half and at the start of the second, picking up just one yard each time. Smith and Henry saw playing time together on just three of the team's next 22 snaps.

It wasn't until the fourth quarter that Smith and Henry were back at it. "

I think Mac can handle the blame. No doubt.

It's up to Bill & the OC to start taking risks. Let him fail. Let him succeed. He needs to experience all of it.
It's not a matter of taking risks. It's a matter of Mac Jones processing fast enough to take advantage of space on the field. We're not seeing it yet. It would be dumb for him to throw into the teeth of coverage when teams have 6 or7 back 10+ yards downfield. Until the Patriots show they can protect him when teams aren't blitzing or until Mac figures out he needs to throw to the open guy quickly to get YAC, the problems will continue.

It's not a matter of taking risks. It's a matter of Mac Jones processing fast enough to take advantage of space on the field. We're not seeing it yet. It would be dumb for him to throw into the teeth of coverage when teams have 6 or7 back 10+ yards downfield. Until the Patriots show they can protect him when teams aren't blitzing or until Mac figures out he needs to throw to the open guy quickly to get YAC, the problems will continue.
4th down in OT.

They should've went for it because Mac played well enough up to that point.

Phil Perry just noted the same thing. Pats did well to start the game with their scripted plays using 2 TEs, as BB helps with the pregame plan on run/pass balance and using both TEs. Then offense totally stalls out for a half dozen drives after the first quarter, 3 and outs over and over ditching the 2TE offense for the crappy spread shotgun.

"On their first seven plays of the game against Dallas, they picked up 98 yards and scored two touchdowns. Four passes, three runs. One explosive pass. Two explosive runs.

All with two tight ends -- Smith and Henry -- on the field.

...By the early portion of the second quarter, the Patriots had run 10 plays with two tight ends on the field and picked up 104 yards. Deploying big bodies -- two backs and two tight ends were on the field on seven of those 10 plays -- led to one of the most efficient stretches of offensive play the Patriots had put together all season.

But after that tenth snap, when right tackle Yodny Cajuste was beaten for a strip sack, the Patriots changed course. They tried to run twice out of their 22-personnel look at the end of the first half and at the start of the second, picking up just one yard each time. Smith and Henry saw playing time together on just three of the team's next 22 snaps.

It wasn't until the fourth quarter that Smith and Henry were back at it. "

Sounds like a Josh problem...

and I'll say it again...Mason and Brown please get off your fat ***es and get back onto the field

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Back