PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB on WEEI - pretty adament that the league should have goal line cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
BB was on WEEI, still pretty down and still told the guys that they should be talking to the league about the PI call (makes it clear what he thinks though without saying it right out) the thing he talks about most is that for years he's been calling for cameras on the goaline and the league has said that in the playoffs there are so many cameras that most angles are covered. He said that the one angle they don't have determines points though. Should be on Audio Vault later. Also has Brady, Colvin and Seymour already up.

http://www.weei.com/audiovault.asp

thanks for the heads-up. Agree with BB, obviously. It's ludicrous that there was no suitable angle on that play. How do they not have goal-line cameras? It's where POINTS happen!

PatsRI said:
BB was on WEEI, still pretty down and still told the guys that they should be talking to the league about the PI call (makes it clear what he thinks though without saying it right out) the thing he talks about most is that for years he's been calling for cameras on the goaline and the league has said that in the playoffs there are so many cameras that most angles are covered. He said that the one angle they don't have determines points though. Should be on Audio Vault later. Also has Brady, Colvin and Seymour already up.

http://www.weei.com/audiovault.asp

A goal line camera also may have allowed them to get a better look at the ball following Watson's hit on Bailey on the interception return. Had it revealed the ball went over the pylon and then out of bounds it certainly would have kept them in the game at that point.

Ian

This has been a topic of BB's for some time, and I agree. If the NFL has a replay policy - they had better back it up and put the resources into it.

Heck, Madden for PS2 has goal line cams. NFL better get their butts in gear.

Just listened to the Brady interview from this morning and he actually thanks Dennis and Callahan for "putting up with him" on Monday mornings. The guy certainly does have class (unlike some other QBs in the league I could mention).

Murphys95 said:
This has been a topic of BB's for some time, and I agree. If the NFL has a replay policy - they had better back it up and put the resources into it.

Heck, Madden for PS2 has goal line cams. NFL better get their butts in gear.

Is this something that he and Bob Kraft can bring up for a vote at the owner's meetings later this year??

I do agree that there should be goaline camreas. If they are going to have them at all, why not have them there?

I don't think that the interference call is reviewable.

But the Champ fumble would have been. I truely believe that cross the plane and then went out of bounds. A goal line camera would have shown it.

PATSNUTme said:
I do agree that there should be goaline camreas. If they are going to have them at all, why not have them there?

I don't think that the interference call is reviewable.

But the Champ fumble would have been. I truely believe that cross the plane and then went out of bounds. A goal line camera would have shown it.

A goal line camera looking down the length of the goal-line wouldn't have showed if the ball went over the goalline while in the field of play. Only a shot from directly over the pylon would have shown that.

Ian said:
A goal line camera also may have allowed them to get a better look at the ball following Watson's hit on Bailey on the interception return. Had it revealed the ball went over the pylon and then out of bounds it certainly would have kept them in the game at that point.

Ian

He couldn't come right out and say it but that was the nexus of his goal line comments. It's pretty clear he not only believed that ball went through the end zone, he believes if you resist logic and require irrefutable camera evidence to prove that it's pretty shortsighted not to provide for it.

He also again confirmed that the side judge told him he did not have interference on Asante. I'd love to know if he told his boss that as well and Tripplet just decided to ignore him and back his late calling back judge.

DaBruinz said:
A goal line camera looking down the length of the goal-line wouldn't have showed if the ball went over the goalline while in the field of play. Only a shot from directly over the pylon would have shown that.

But it would have shown at its widest angle the position of the ball in relation to Champs body when he contacted that pylon. Unless that ball crossed in front of his body prior to his body contacting the pylon it had to have crossed the plane of the goal line.

DaBruinz said:

Correct, so there should be one on each side of the goal line. It's just too damn important.

I've agreed with BB re: goal line cameras for years now.

Also, in lieu of those, playoff games should use the birdseye camera thing that ESPN/ABC uses. That prob. would have provided a definitive view of the Bailey play.

The thing that will forever piss me off about that play is this.
The on-field call was made 25yds behind the play. By a f'n 65yr
old man who just ran 70 yards. Is that more relevant than a poor angle?
Of course not!! I agree that in most instances the replay should
be inconclusive before a play can be over-ruled. In this instance.
Any replay is more conclusive than the on-field call. Does it take much
imagine that a player running in one direction and getting nailed from
behind doesn't fumble the ball forward at an angle? Instead of
directly out of bounds. Seems to be more likely it goes forward
a little. Only, had to go one yard!!

patsfaninpa said:
The thing that will forever piss me off about that play is this.
The on-field call was made 25yds behind the play. By a f'n 65yr
old man who just ran 70 yards. Is that more relevant than a poor angle?
Of course not!! I agree that in most instances the replay should
be inconclusive before a play can be over-ruled. In this instance.
Any replay is more conclusive than the on-field call. Does it take much
imagine that a player running in one direction and getting nailed from
behind doesn't fumble the ball forward at an angle? Instead of
directly out of bounds. Seems to be more likely it goes forward
a little. Only, had to go one yard!!

That's a good point, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes