PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Barstool obtains coaches' tape of the Robinson hit on Wilkerson

That's horrible. I wonder if there's any league policy for dirty hits in a joint practice setting. Doubt it. Also, absolutely hate when a player flexes after a blindside, crown of the helmet, dirty hit like this as if they did something impressive.
Sounds like we have a Jack Tatum disciple. (Panther's dude, not you)

As soon as noRhule learns of this clip, he just might cut Robinson as part of the reduction to 80 and wash his hands of him... But how far if at all up the chain of command does this clearly intentional if not pre-meditated act go? In the true spirit of player safety, the league should conduct its own investigation...

But it's the Patriots... So, pass the broom please...

Last edited:
As soon as noRhule learns of this, he's gonna cut Robinson as part of the reduction to 80 and wash his hands of him... But how far if at all does this clearly intentional if not pre-meditated act go? In the true spirit of player safety, the league should conduct its own investigation...

But it's the Patriots... So, pass the broom please...

If that was the case, he'd have been cut already. He already admonished Robinson for being unprofessional by walking over Wilkerson. If Rhule was going to cut him, he'd have done it before the game.

You're right, they basically triple-teamed him and set him up to get killed.

Investigation should go beyond the player, and to the coaching staff, because there's no way their return team carried out the assignments given to them and did this on the same play. I'm all for stirring the pot on this. But it won't happen.

When will he be cleared to play again? This week for the Raiders game?

Doubt it...is he eligible for our PS? we can't keep everybody I think Lil Jordan Humph have seized the opportunity. I don't even think Trot Nixon is a given now he might need a Big week against the Raiders to cement a spot.

They could always fly him over separately I guess, but the fact that he didn’t travel sure seems to hint that he’s out for the week.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back