Barrick Nealy...A Guy Worth The Risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I'm hoping Belichick has Barrick Nealy on his radar. Start him off as a QB 3rd or 4th and our #5 receiver. This kid could end up being a better receiver and a better QB than Randle-El himself...risky...but worth a 2nd day pick.

BarrickNealy.jpg
Height: 6'5
Weight: 230
40 yard Dash: 4.52 (est)

http://www.draftshowcase.com/BarrickNealy.htm

SCOUTING REPORT: Playing in a spread system, Nealy has operated out of the shotgun for most of his career. As as a result, he will have to learn to read defenses while dropping back and refine his footwork. He has great tools though, he has ideal height and size and is a very athletic player. Nealy can move out of the pocket and makes a lot of plays downfield with his feet. He has a great size/speed combo and is a tough player to tackle for defensive backs. He does a good job of keeping his head up when he breaks the pocket though and usually looks for open men before he takes off. Mechanically there is some good and some bad. He has a nice, smooth release and comes over the top with the ball. When he comes over the top though, he doesn't really snap the ball and while his passes have decent velocity, if he used his whole body and torso more, he would generate more zip on his passes. He throws the ball well over the middle, he shows good touch on swing passes to his backs and on WR screens. He has enough arm strength to get the ball to the sidelines and downfield, but in both areas, his accuracy is inconsistent. One thing he must do is secure the ball better when sliding around in the pocket, he drops the ball to his waist and that means he has to bring it back up to throw and causes some wasted motion. When outside the pocket, he tends to throw on the run even when he's not being chased. He needs to set his feet which would give his passes outside the pocket more accuracy. His decision making is one area he could improve on. He presses to make plays and will force the ball and try to keep plays alive with his feet when he should throw the ball away. Nealy is a bright, high character player and those are two pluses on his evaluation.

Last edited:
His Hula Bowl didn't sell me.

Box_O_Rocks said:
His Hula Bowl didn't sell me.

I don't care about his Hula Bowl...I'm looking at his potential as a Hula-Hoop. :D

Seriously...this is project with a huge ***** "P"...

I'm really hoping he goes after the project athlete's as opposed to ST players in the later rounds. He's been grabbing ST players in later rounds for 3 years now and our ST's still $uck...get some athletes and we'll have a bunch of Tebucky's
on the ST squad... LOL. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back