PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Baby, it's (going to be) cold outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Today will seem like a sauna compared to KC this Sunday. Current forecast is for a low of 3 degrees the night before the game. Sunday itself will warm up all the way to 16 before cooling down to 12 for kickoff.

The way-too-early forecast has the weatherfolks watching a potential storm for the weekend, probably the early part of the weekend though. A lot is still up in the air (pun intended), but there is precipitation headed for KC late next week and it will sure be chilly.

Today will seem like a sauna compared to KC this Sunday. Current forecast is for a low of 3 degrees the night before the game. Sunday itself will warm up all the way to 16 before cooling down to 12 for kickoff.

The way-too-early forecast has the weatherfolks watching a potential storm for the weekend, probably the early part of the weekend though. A lot is still up in the air (pun intended), but there is precipitation headed for KC late next week and it will sure be chilly.

How reliable are predictions out there? In NE we'd laugh. In NC we take predictions a week away pretty seriously they are usually fairly accurate.

Cold weather will help with our power running on a team that's no good against the run.

I wish it was going to be a bit colder in Foxboro this week ...
The weather in Kansas City will be in the 30's this week same as here.
Except for Saturday & game day ...... so almost a non factor this week

hey...it just dawned on me...this thread title is SEXIST!! REMOVE IT!!! I demand my social justice outrage be assuaged immediately!
What, you’re not a Baby?

How reliable are predictions out there? In NE we'd laugh. In NC we take predictions a week away pretty seriously they are usually fairly accurate.
A week out anywhere is open to revision but with no large body of water nearby, continental highs and lows are more predictable. Seems like it's going to be fridgid but not as cold as, for instance, our playoff game vs. Tennessee 14 years ago in Gillette (4 degrees, minus-10 windchill at kickoff). Might be like the AFCCG vs. Pittsburgh in 2oo5 that was 11 degrees. Just hope it's not windy.

Forecast for kickoff has come down 3 degrees. It looks like any potential precipitation will be well gone by kickoff but I am worried about the travel schedule being messed up. Friday and Saturday could each be very tricky.

The cold didn’t slow down mahomes

This could really help the Pats. Three degree weather should slow down KC's high flying offense. The Pats offensive gameplan from yesterday (run the ball & short passes off play action) could travel well in that type of weather,..

The cold didn’t slow down mahomes
I have a ton of respect for Mahomes but the fact of the matter is his QB rating was 85.2. His second lowest of the season, a season in which his QB rating was 113.8. His YPC tied for a season low. He will be a beast to get through on Sunday but his cold weather game against Indy was nothing to write home about.

They are calling for anywhere from 16-27 inches for my area in Northeastern Pa with lower amounts only if it begins as a mix snow/rain - early but we will be getting something

Make sure you give the Chiefs footballs some time to equilibrate at room temperature too.

Inflate the balls in a freezer. Wouldn't that screw with the NFL. "Huh?? Why are the Chief's balls 4 psi below regulation and the Pat's balls aren't??"

Probably more reliable in the plains states than NE, and considerably more than the northern NE coast. Fewer variables, I'd guess.

I have a ton of respect for Mahomes but the fact of the matter is his QB rating was 85.2. His second lowest of the season, a season in which his QB rating was 113.8. His YPC tied for a season low. He will be a beast to get through on Sunday but his cold weather game against Indy was nothing to write home about.
Either indy was just that bad or KC is that good

cold will hurt the downfield game more, IMO. Advantage Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing