PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

B.G.C. 2019 NFL Draft/Patriot-Type Players Thread

Noticed him watching someone else last year. Brad Kelly brought him up early in the year & really likes him. Has him as a top 15 WR I believe.

He's an explosive player at 6'6. You dont see many guys sink their hips like that at that height. Guys that big at that position that dont look the part but he does. Impressive watching him run routes. He does a nice job using his body for fakes in route. Accelerates out of his breaks. I think he needs a good 10lbs on his frame to really do what he does at the next level but I love his game. Supposedly a really nice guy. His teammate can play too.

Yeah I’m surprised how well he moves latterly as well for someone of his size. He also very good in the run game as well from a blocking perspective. I don’t think the 10lbs will be much of an issue, by all accounts he was 6”4 and at 180ish before he went to college and I think he’s around the 200 mark at the moment, so there’s defiantly More to come. I like him as an outside guy for us.

Whose his teammate?

Yeah I’m surprised how well he moves latterly as well for someone of his size. He also very good in the run game as well from a blocking perspective. I don’t think the 10lbs will be much of an issue, by all accounts he was 6”4 and at 180ish before he went to college and I think he’s around the 200 mark at the moment, so there’s defiantly More to come. I like him as an outside guy for us.

Whose his teammate?
I think hes 6'5/210. He looks like he could carry it well. Very thin almost wirey frame.

TJ Vasher

I think hes 6'5/210. He looks like he could carry it well. Very thin almost wirey frame.

TJ Vasher

Cheers will have a look at him too. Been spending more time on the WRs and TEs this year for some reason.

On a slightly different topic, where do you think Bush will be drafted?

Cheers will have a look at him too. Been spending more time on the WRs and TEs this year for some reason.

On a slightly different topic, where do you think Bush will be drafted?
I would say def top 50 but who knows. I think he'll go early. Not the best class & he really is a solid player. Sometimes the biggest question or hardest thing to measure is how much someone really loves the game. Hes a gamer. Full speed in practice. Always 24/7. I can't see him falling out of the 2nd rd worst case.

One guy i'd like us to take a flyer on is Ben Banogu - Good pass rush, but needs to improve his technique, which for BB and Daly is what they are very good at

Just going through some of the WR's invited to the combine and these are some guys i could see us going after

Mecole Hardman - Could become a special team ace for us as a punt returner

Andy Isabella - Just saw his comp and they have given it as Jules..

Diontae Johnson - Emmnual Sanders Comp - He's a threat in the punt game and Kick return

I think they will definitely draft Terry GODWIN wr georgia. He is shifty and quick. Some of the bigger guys can't get open.

D'Andre Walker might be the most underrated all around LB in this draft. I know he didn't put up huge numbers in college, but his ability to play the run, drop into coverage, and provide pass rush reminds me a lot of Van Noy. I think he's better in space, though. He seems to have more fluidity in his pass drops in man coverage. I've seen lots of places list him as an EDGE instead of a true LB, and I think that's why people are a bit low on him. He'd fit right in here.

This will absolutely show up in my report on JP. Look at the first 2 plays.
1) Nice step but he avoids the strike & is able to generate power through his hips to really turn that corner. Took the most efficient way to the QB there. Really nice play.
2)Better burst but again check out the way he can flip his hips & get that corner.

That type of flexibility & burst is the difference between double digit sacks & a routinely 7-8 sack player. Simply put OL'm cant stop that every down as opposed to guys that are coming right at you.

Polite has some nice tools in his bag. Once he gets stronger & refines in a few areas he could be a monster.

Where is Polite projected to go? I knew his dad a long time ago, and I’m a Gator so that worked out well :)

We don’t have a huge DE need and he wouldn’t drop to us right? He just got better every game the last two years. I don’t know if he has elite edge agility and burst, but he’s got diverse moves and a high end motor. He’s going to be a good player.

D'Andre Walker might be the most underrated all around LB in this draft. I know he didn't put up huge numbers in college, but his ability to play the run, drop into coverage, and provide pass rush reminds me a lot of Van Noy. I think he's better in space, though. He seems to have more fluidity in his pass drops in man coverage. I've seen lots of places list him as an EDGE instead of a true LB, and I think that's why people are a bit low on him. He'd fit right in here.

Seems like he played well within the scheme there, and can do it all as you said which fits us. Played well in big games.

Just going through some of the WR's invited to the combine and these are some guys i could see us going after

Mecole Hardman - Could become a special team ace for us as a punt returner

Andy Isabella - Just saw his comp and they have given it as Jules..

Diontae Johnson - Emmnual Sanders Comp - He's a threat in the punt game and Kick return
Ok I think Isabella could be developed here he does have Edelman qualities.
I might have to put him in my binkie camp.

Where is Polite projected to go? I knew his dad a long time ago, and I’m a Gator so that worked out well :)

We don’t have a huge DE need and he wouldn’t drop to us right? He just got better every game the last two years. I don’t know if he has elite edge agility and burst, but he’s got diverse moves and a high end motor. He’s going to be a good player.

In general, in the first round. I’ve seen him in the top ten all the way down to mid 20s.

He'll be a top 15-20 guy. Only thing that could hurt him imo is his run defense which in his defense he had no idea what he was doing. Not an effort thing the kid obviously wasnt pushed in that direction. Id much rather deal w that then a lazy prick.
As for rushing the passer their aren't many better from a burst, bend & finish pov. You watch him & you can see his hips winning all day. For teams like NE that wont matter but for others it'll be key. Guys like Allen, Sweat, CO dont have that flexibility or ability to really flip their hips around the corner. GB needs a difference maker up front & I think he really fits that mold there.

Imagine climbing on a soapbox for college football.

Nothing wrong w this at all.

Watched a ton of Iowa the last few years. They're a lot more than Fant/Hock/Nelson etc.

Amani Hooker is a beast & deserves a look from every Pats fan. He really jumps off the screen. Dude is always flying around & always around the play/ball. Tough nosed player that wants to have impact, wants to fly around, hit people & get dirty.
Very smart player. Very rarely is not moving towards, identifying the play before/as the ball is snapped.
I feel like he has that interchangeably game NE loves. Box/SAF, no reason he cant play ST. Very good tackler in space & again shoots to the ball.

Nick Easley is another guy that screams NE. Overshadowed by the sets, TEs, dealing w Stanley, playing out of position at times. Easley always stood out. Think he could be a slot guy for us. Very tough, vg hands & won that hustle award at Iowa. Thats enough for me. Think runs a good ss & 3c from watching him which is key for us. Esp ss.

Last edited:
Watched a ton of Iowa the last few years. They're a lot more than Fant/Hock/Nelson etc.

Amani Hooker is a beast & deserves a look from every Pats fan. He really jumps off the screen. Dude is always flying around & always around the play/ball. Tough nosed player that wants to have impact, wants to fly around, hit people & get dirty.
Very smart player. Very rarely is not moving towards, identifying the play before/as the ball is snapped.
I feel like he has that interchangeably game NE loves. Box/SAF, no reason he cant play ST. Very good tackler in space & again shoots to the ball.

Nick Easley is another guy that screams NE. Overshadowed by the sets, TEs, dealing w Stanley, playing out of position at times. Easley always stood out. Think he could be a slot guy for us. Very tough, vg hands & won that hustle award at Iowa. Thats enough for me. Think runs a good ss & 3c from watching him which is key for us. Esp ss.

I’ve watched a lot of Hooker, where do you see him fitting best? Not sure where he fits within our scheme!

I’ve watched a lot of Hooker, where do you see him fitting best? Not sure where he fits within our scheme!
I don't worry about that tbh unless its a weird fit. He covers a ton of ground. Vg tackler. Great instincts. Could be a matchup guy bc he has ex at cb i believe.

Kelvin Harmon is a guy i'm starting to like. Very solid RR and Good hands.

With the New DC to be Greg Schiano, do you think with his knowledge of the college prospects help us in the draft?

I don't worry about that tbh unless its a weird fit. He covers a ton of ground. Vg tackler. Great instincts. Could be a matchup guy bc he has ex at cb i believe.

I can see him possibly filling the STAR role that we've been looking at for the last few years, or a possible chung replacement to groom for a few seasons.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back