PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

B.G.C. 2019 NFL Draft/Patriot-Type Players Thread

Talked about this a few times & apparently some thought it was funny to actually know what you're talking about when he it comes to the game but what can you do?
Anyway Brown does a vg job of beating his man using his stem/re-stem

At first he takes his route inside towards the post, re-stems outside & cuts back inside to create space. Tyreek Hill is vg at this.

"Dead feet don't eat"

He's shown everything in terms of skill set to at least make a case to move off the ball at the next level. Burst & moves are so effortlessly

I like him as a move TE but, as a blocker, he'd have to improve a lot before I thought about a one to one swap with him and Gronk (assuming Gronk doesn't come back).

Thoughts on Keesean Johnson? I love this route, but I haven't seen many of his games.

Thoughts on Keesean Johnson? I love this route, but I haven't seen many of his games.

Love his toughness for a smaller guy in terms of weight. He's a scrappy player. I remember at the beginning of the year thinking woah this dude gone break Adam's record.

Obviously great hands. Kind you can focus on to see a target, extension & strength.

His routes are pretty on point imo. Knows when to turn on the speed on critical breaks or turns. Very smooth, effortless runner.

Again I like his attitude. No fear, no back down.

I like him as a move TE but, as a blocker, he'd have to improve a lot before I thought about a one to one swap with him and Gronk (assuming Gronk doesn't come back).
This is silly but I can't see the tweet for some reason. Who's the player in question lol?

Yeah I hear that. He needs to come a long way there. Toughness, technique & effort have to improve there. And just to be clear I'm not saying he doesn't try or we but those have improve. He's a project there.

VG size, speed once he gets going & some athletic ability. Project but he has the goods w some tlc.

Yeah I hear that. He needs to come a long way there. Toughness, technique & effort have to improve there. And just to be clear I'm not saying he doesn't try or we but those have improve. He's a project there.

VG size, speed once he gets going & some athletic ability. Project but he has the goods w some tlc.

Yeah, that's why I said I would start him out as a move TE instead of a more in-line TE ala Gronk. Get him out in space and let him use his size against a corner or his athleticism against a LB. Let him cut his teeth there and work on his functional strength and blocking after that.

Tommy Sweeney is a sneaky good TE. Great effort & fight in between the hashes & downfield if need be. Good job sustaining & fighting for position. Won't blow anyone away w a/a but he pick up those throw away yards & give a target in the RZ. Late Rd guy I wouldn't be surprised if he sticks bc of blocking alone.

Cheevers is another BC guy that might go top 100. Big, physical, well rounded player.

Last edited:
Should be a fantastic WR class. I imagine we'll go WR / TE fairly early this year, but it's tough to say before we see free agency. I'd love to see a legit young receiver developing behind Gordon and Edelman. We'll have a serious need there next season.

Should be a fantastic WR class. I imagine we'll go WR / TE fairly early this year, but it's tough to say before we see free agency. I'd love to see a legit young receiver developing behind Gordon and Edelman. We'll have a serious need there next season.
I'm sure like you, I'm playing out different scenarios in my head.

Rn I'm thinking IDL/Thompson early.

Trade up for Fant/Hock if they're there late 1/early 2.

Then go rush w the other 2. Maybe a Allen, Nelson (Any thoughts on him) if not wait later for a Zuniga type & take the best WR available.

Have you checked out Leki Fotu yet? Big brick house from Utah? Dude has a motor & some athletic ability at 6'5/325. Typical space eater w some pocket push to his game. Can handle doubles. Usually guys his size will try to bully through everything but he'll slip through backside & cut right down the line. He should stay another year bc of the depth & frankly he's not quite where he needs to be but could be a steal mid-late if he does come out.

Last edited:
Fan of all these guys. SAF, Box doesn't matter. All big time football guys that play w a ton passion. Throw Mike Edwards, Darnell Savage in there as well. Both versatile guys w attitude & juice.

And if anyone hasn't watched Abram, please do. Intense player. Wants to separate ball from player. Definitely has some range though. Chung replacement material.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back