SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Steelers
Sun
Dec 16th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Shocking Ending
Sunday's loss in Miami was shocking and will likely have the Patriots doing some second-guessing this week.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Avengers: Infinity War

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by KontradictioN, Apr 24, 2018.

1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Josh Gordon's locker is next to Brady's. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Is there an established reason why they NEEDED to include GOTG? I mean, I like those movies, but I don't see why they had to be in an Avengers movie (even understanding that Thanos is the father of Gamora and Nebula).

• Agree Agree x 1

2. slash83

slash83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,307
    They didn’t NEED to include GOTG, Gamora does play an important role in the movie.

3. juny

juny Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2,800
    as a fan of marvel movies, this one was great. they pulled it off and were able to use the large cast effectively, no one felt forced into the movie

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ArchAngel007

ArchAngel007 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,803
    FB_IMG_1525571642193.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,111
    I actually really enjoyed it. I'm probably going to go see it again if I can get around to it. Sometimes I think when DC tries to do "dark" movies, this is what they wish they could make.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,656
    I saw it last night. Good but not great. It's a bloated movie that jumps around to much to get screen time for all the characters.

**Spoilers**

The Good

Thanos - For me Marvel for the most part has lacked some great villains. They got this one right. The one thing they did good with Thanos is they went into depth why he wants to destroy half the universe. It was good to get a bit of backstory and to see the reason behind his plans. They also conveyed how powerful he is in the first 5 minutes.

Action Sequences - while nothing here stands out like the Civil War battle or Batman's warehouse take down there were some good action sequences throughout. I thought the best sequence was Thanos vs Iron Man, Spider-man, Star Lord

Thor - while he wasn't in it enough, he did have some great moments, especially towards the end.

The Bad

Not Enough of the Original Avengers - Hulk was basically a no show and Banner was there for comic relief? Capt. America was barely in it and didn't do much and he's the heart of the team. Thor was great but not enough screen time. Iron Man/Robert Downey Jr of course got lots of screen time but the others should have been central to the movie. They are the Avengers.

Some things made no sense at all to me - so Thanos had the power to destroy that moon but when he punches Capt. America in the head all he gets is a bleeding nose and is up normal a few minutes later? Also, the whole snapping his fingers destroys half the population of the universe was just a little to convenient for the writers and makes no sense. Why does snapping your fingers make billions of people dissolve? What happens if he claps his hands or clicks his heals? An easy way for the writers to have him destroy that many people in an instant instead of him having to actually go to each planet and annihilate them. It's a Marvel movie so no one will care about plot holes but this left me scratching my head.

The ending - there was no sense of climax for me. When Black Panther, Spider-Man, etc..dissolve I'm sitting there thinking everyone knows these guys are getting sequels to their movies so there's 0 chance they aren't coming back. There's no cliff hanger there if you know they are all coming back.

All in all an entertaining movie, but not a great one.

7. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +26,555
    Saw it tonight, like others felt there was too much GOTG and also considered it good but not great.

** SPOILER! **

OK, who was Nick Fury texting when he dissolved and what was the message?

8. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +8,111
    Captain America had his hand pried open so he couldn't use the gauntlet, which is how he destroyed the moon. Thanos punched Captain America to free his hand.

Both he and Gamora had alluded earlier in the movie to him snapping his fingers to do the deed, so it made me think that he already had it in his mind to execute his intent that way. He told Doctor Strange he wanted it to be quick and random, and a snap of the finger executed his will that it be the case; he wouldn't pick who lived and died, but rather pure chance.

I struggle with this too. In the moment, it's a big to do, but knowing that most of the people turning to dust will be back takes the edge off the sequence. I wish Marvel had the balls to make the tough choice, but it'd also be killing the golden goose.

Captain Marvel, from what I hear. I have no idea about who that is, but supposedly she is supposed to be super powerful. The biggest question I guess is why hasn't she been around before this?

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. WinstonSmith

WinstonSmith Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,571
    Just saw it with the family. Ehh it was ok.

Not a huge fan of the super hero genre especially the ones where they have super duper powers and the bad guys have super duper powers squared. It usually leads to (and did) the more interesting every day kinda superhero being marginalised and improbable battles where the super duper squared bad guys fight down to the competition.

I can tolerate that but what irks me to no end is giving guys super duper powers that they don't use logically 'cause it would destroy the plot and end the movie after 20 minutes. One example, couldn't Dr Strange at any time that he wasn't under duress just turn this into Marvel's The Edge of Tomorrow or Ground Hog Day on steroids, where he would hit time travel reset until they succeeded?

What really pissed me off though was the over use of Gemma (SOA) moments, where a character does something completely stupid and out of character just to move the plot forward while ratcheting up the suspense.

Anyway this is why I only go to theaters that serve alcoholic beverages.

10. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    By all means, chime in again next time you're forced to see something that's not your "cup o' tea." o_O Threads like this normally are for genre enthusiasts.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  11. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Finally saw this. It’s grown on me the more I’m removed from the movie (I thought it was a bit much in the immediate wake of it). Any guesses to how part 2 will turn out? My guess is that Tony will have a big hand in beating Thanos which is why Dr. Strange gave him the stone on a silver platter to spare Tony’s life. Looks like Captain Marvel will be set to join the fray as well.

I think they could have easily shaved about 10 minutes of action off of this bad boy and less GOTG and more Cap and Iron Man, Spidey, and Dr. Strange would have made the movie better.

Deadpool 2 is next. I’ve heard excellent things. I’m not touching Solo with a 10 foot pole until it becomes available to stream. Disney is going to water down the Star Wars franchise (if they haven’t already done so).

12. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    I think the obvious move in the next entry is for Stark (or someone) to get the time stone -- or whatever it's called -- from Thanos to turn back the clock and save everyone that died. I don't know why they devoted so much time to the GOTG gang, there's too much goofy comic relief from them that I think waters things down.

I'm more apt to see Solo than Deadpool (but then you know how I feel about that character). The one I won't touch with a 10-foot pole is the next regular Star Wars. Is there any other good sci-fi/fantasy coming out this summer?

13. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +8,111
    I'm a little disappointed that Captain Marvel is coming out now. It seems a little too Deus Ex Machina like for my taste. I'm guessing they'll find a way to get everyone back (except Loki and Heimdall), but I wonder if Doctor Strange is really going to be out of the picture. I have some theories on it, and how it relates to Gamora coming back, but we'll see.

They could have also cut down a bit on the Stormbreaker sequence, which I hate to say because I really like Peter Dinklage.

Yeah, I'm not interested in Solo in the least. I hated the idea when they first put it out there and the execution looks like poop. My girls will probably want to see it, so I may get dragged into it. And I'm definitely over the whole new trilogy. It's hot garbage as well.

Ah well...Deadpool 2 is next for me and I've heard good things.

• Like Like x 1
  14. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    I think Strange will be back. How they manage to do it is beyond me. Another thing I was disappointed about is how easily he beat the Hulk at the beginning. The Hulk is his physical match in the comics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +8,111
    Yeah, I found that a bit disappointing as well.

As for Dr. Strange, I think the clue might be that orange colored scene Thanos goes to when he snapped his fingers. I wonder if that's actually inside the soul stone and since Gamora was there, is that where all the souls of the dead go? Is that where Doctor Strange brings about his plan? And how everyone will be able to come back? That's just a guess or theory based on not much at all except an observation about the color of the background matching the soul stone.

• Useful Useful x 1