SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Steelers
Sun
Dec 16th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Shocking Ending
Sunday's loss in Miami was shocking and will likely have the Patriots doing some second-guessing this week.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Avengers: Infinity War

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by KontradictioN, Apr 24, 2018.

1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Josh Gordon's locker is next to Brady's. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +41,829

2. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,111
    Yeah, I've heard rumblings that this is going to be one hell of a movie.

If you ask me, a lot of the better Marvel movies have come out in the last couple years; Civil War, Doctor Strange, Spiderman, and Thor: Ragnarok. So, it would continue the trend.

I actually hate the trailers I've seen for the movie because it makes it look by the numbers, but I have very high hopes.

3. meatface

meatface Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,775
  4. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    The reviews are coming in now. Opening at 86%. The reviews spell out what I was afraid of: the movie is very good, but it could be better partially due to being overstuffed. Too many ****ing characters. They’re saying Black Panther was better, which I actually saw this past weekend. Am I the only one who thought that movie was overrated?

5. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +8,111
    I thought it was good, but you'll notice I didn't include it on the list of top Marvel movies over the last couple years. It wasn't bad, just like Ultron or Guardians 2 wasn't bad; in fact, all three were good, but they are the weaker movies in a very good crop of late.

6. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Yeah, it was good. But it was nowhere near as great as it got rated. I think the critics were too afraid to criticize it.

7. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,656
    Looking forward to it. I've been mixed on a lot of the Marvel films. Loved the Avengers, Iron Man 1, Capt America: Winter Soldier. Thought Spiderman, GOTG2, Avengers: Ultron were all over rated. Iron Man 3 was hot garbage.

There is a Marvel formula that works well with the general audience. Their movies rarely get very dark and they tend to stick to simple plot lines. The one thing i'm hearing about this one is it gets darker then normal. I like it a little darker, which is why I tend towards DC over Marvel. Will see this in the theaters (have skipped the last few Marvel films in the theater).

8. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    "Civil War" was dark as Hell. Hopefully this one goes that route.

9. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,656
    Ya, and one of the reasons I like the Capt. America movies better then most other Marvel films. Winter Soldier had the best plot of any Marvel movie and Civil War got a lot darker then the other Marvel films.

I was just reading a review of Infinity War and one of the negatives is the lack of screen time for Capt. America. The reviewer said the GOTG had more screen time then anyone else. Seems odd considering this is an Avengers movie. I kinda wish they kept the core (Capt. America, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor) with the bulk of the screen time and the other heroes a little more in the back ground.

10. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
  11. Hyped

Hyped PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,423
    All MCU movies are overrated, IMO....

But I watch em' all....just on DVD/streaming later on...not worth a visit to the theaters, IMO.

The formula is simple: Bad guy plots something, good guys fight back, and there's a climatic showdown with all characters that gets a bit confused like the Bay Transformer movies with over-kill CGI....and the good guys win...or the bad guy gets away..setting up a sequel.

Meh....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    The more I'm reading the reviews, the more that I'm sure this movie is going to let me down.

13. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +8,111
    That's a stone cold bummer. Then again, if my expectations are lowered, maybe I'll enjoy the movie more.

14. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Yeah, my expectations were sky high but I had reservations about the size of the cast. The more I’m reading, the more it sounds like those reservations were well placed.

15. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +8,111
    I honestly haven't been sure how to feel about it from the get go. I think Ultron really caused me to temper my expectations when it came to the ensemble cast movies. Like you, I'm beginning to wonder if I've had good reason to be uncertain. I guess time will tell. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll get to see it this weekend, so I'll have a really good idea of how it is after some people have seen it.

16. slash83

slash83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,307
    Best movie I’ve seen in a while. I love DC but damn this movie was so good, i must watch it again.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    I've heard that from a few people. I'm looking forward to seeing it, but I'm going to wait until the theaters unpack a little like I did with "Black Panther".

18. slash83

slash83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,307
    Yeah I just wish DC was on par with Marvel. But can’t hate on em, they’ve produced some damn good movies, infinity war was the best of the bunch imo.

19. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    DC is light years off of Marvel. And I prefer DC. They'll eventually get their act together. Their big mistake was handing the franchise over to Snyder and then sticking with him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. resdubwhite

resdubwhite In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,203
    Too many different quests. Too many characters. Not enough Thor or cap. Wayyyy too much gotg.
    It was good. But to be honest I sat there thinking I'd seen this movie before. Return of the king with aliens in my opinion.