PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Auburn's Corey Grant

abdul7

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Don't know if I should write about a player in the Draft here, but the more I read about this kid , the more I think we may draft him. I never like to predict who BB will pick because its virtually impossible to predict it !!
However because of the situation at RB this year I believe in my heart we will draft a RB. This kid is fast looks good in ST ,,and I think we may grab him in the 2nd Round. Just a thought and would like to read your response to my very maybe unusual prediction. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
2nd round? That part I don't understand. Day 3, maybe.

FWIW, Tony Pauline said that the Pats showed interest in Grant, as I mentioned on the Pro Day thread.

Maybe as an udfa. Very few carries in college. Wasn't invited to the combine. He is fast though.

Maybe as an udfa. Very few carries in college. Wasn't invited to the combine. He is fast though.

I think he'll be drafted day 3 -- that Jeff Demps speed comes packaged in a legitimate 205-lb. NFL body, which is rare. Grant's KR skills should help (apparently teams routinely kicked away from him this season). And he was plenty productive as an RB when he got the chance...which leads to the question, why didn't they use him more? Auburn has certainly been loaded at RB, but check out this career rushing stat line:

135 ATT 7.7 AVG 9 TD

That's a heck of a TD ratio, especially for a guy who isn't likely to be used at the goal line.

I think he'll be drafted day 3 -- that Jeff Demps speed comes packaged in a legitimate 205-lb. NFL body, which is rare. Grant's KR skills should help (apparently teams routinely kicked away from him this season). And he was plenty productive as an RB when he got the chance...which leads to the question, why didn't they use him more? Auburn has certainly been loaded at RB, but check out this career rushing stat line:

135 ATT 7.7 AVG 9 TD

That's a heck of a TD ratio, especially for a guy who isn't likely to be used at the goal line.

It does make you wonder why he didn't see the field more. Same with CJ Uzomah. Great measurables. Only 28 receptions in 3 seasons, but 1/4 of them were TDs. Rob Gronkowski has about 1 TD per 6 receptions.

A couple of very intriguing late round/UDFA options.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back