PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Appeal for Help: Wife's Family Desperate to Get Out of Afghanistan (UPDATE 20 FEB: THIRD OPTION COMING ABOUT! FOSTERING HOPE IN DESPAIR)

We have lost contact with our lone family member in Kabul and fear the worst. He was on the kill list and we have not heard from him in eight days, despite reaching out. Since he was alone, we don't have any way of knowing what happened to him.

GoFundMe deleted my fundraiser. I have no words. I am so sorry you guys wasted your time donating. If you don't get your money back, I would raise hell. We're decimated by this. I don't even know what to do right now to source money. We're likely going to start selling things to make the money needed.

**** GoFundMe
Thats terrible news, but i wouldn't give up hope yet. As far as the money goes, i knew it was a crap shot when i donated, so i'm not stressing it.

Last edited:
I've contacted the arshholes at GoFundMe and left my number. I'm really pissed off about this.

If you can find another way for me to get the money to you let me know.

I asked how they vetted your account.

Gofundme reinstated the campaign, but will not allow me to access funds. I followed up with the Patriots media department and will send them more info. They seem willing to possibly help.

The family member is still missing. I'm going through the grim task of watching arrest and execution videos to see if our family member is among the victims. So far, he's not there...so there is hope, however small.

The other seven are trying to get out very soon. If they can make it, we will have 23 of 27 members out. Three dead and one missing.

The Taliban have stepped up their killing campaign and time is running out for everyone else. If it's something that matters to you, don't forget Afghanistan. It's a horror show there.

I am going to look into other options if Gofundme won't release the money. I will let folks know.

Thank you so much!

That's good news. I'm surprised they responded. Probably scared of bad optics.

Gofundme reinstated the campaign, but will not allow me to access funds. I followed up with the Patriots media department and will send them more info. They seem willing to possibly help.

The family member is still missing. I'm going through the grim task of watching arrest and execution videos to see if our family member is among the victims. So far, he's not there...so there is hope, however small.

The other seven are trying to get out very soon. If they can make it, we will have 23 of 27 members out. Three dead and one missing.

The Taliban have stepped up their killing campaign and time is running out for everyone else. If it's something that matters to you, don't forget Afghanistan. It's a horror show there.
I’m sorry you’re having to go through that, man. I just reached out to them as well on your behalf. It should have never come down to this. Citizens, translators, and extended family should have all been evacuated first. Saying some prayers for your missing family member.

Was going to put a "like" on here but it only applies to the first paragraph.

Nikolai,

This is unspeakably horrific. It sits in my belly. No words, really. And 23 out of 27 has no resting place. Focus on the 23? Focus on the 4? The only thing that I know isn't true are simple answers.

And I'm exhausted by the stupidity of my species, this intersection of power, religion, greed, cultural blindness, nationalistic arrogance and ambition.

Sigh.

Let it never be said that this isn't the absolute best ****IN fanbase in the world! I know a number of you wrote to them, called them, and harassed them, and Gofundme finally agreed to release the funds! I should have it in my account next week! You all are truly the very best!!

Missing family member not found in all the videos I've seen...there's still hope he's alive. Seven remain in Afghanistan. The Taliban kill teams are moving rapidly through Kabul, Mazar e Sharif and Herat from what I'm hearing. Pray for Afghanistan, or send happy thoughts if religion isn't your thing.

Let it never be said that this isn't the absolute best ****IN fanbase in the world! I know a number of you wrote to them, called them, and harassed them, and Gofundme finally agreed to release the funds! I should have it in my account next week! You all are truly the very best!!

Missing family member not found in all the videos I've seen...there's still hope he's alive. Seven remain in Afghanistan. The Taliban kill teams are moving rapidly through Kabul, Mazar e Sharif and Herat from what I'm hearing. Pray for Afghanistan, or send happy thoughts if religion isn't your thing.
This is absolutely amazing news. :D

Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Do your thing Nikolai. You're unbelievable. I'm praying for you family. I don't know what else to say but thank you for letting us help you.

Haha I threatened to report them to Black Rifle coffee who would then, in turn, get Fox News and Joe Rogan to put them on blast. Glad to hear we helped. Shameful that you even have to wait a week but at least they did the right thing.

@Ian

You're the best. You really are.
I'm pretty sure the collective effort here by everyone was hopefully what played a key role in getting the funds released. @Nikolai is saving lives and doing incredible things and I'm just thankful that he's able to get the money everyone here - myself included - contributed to his efforts. Now I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping we get good news as he continues with this.

Whatever you guys did, it scared the bejeezus out of them because they put the money in the account TODAY! You guys are amazing!! This crew is utterly impossible to stop! I can't say enough good things about all of you!

This is huge and really helps us keep the folks we have in Pakistan safe and sheltered.

The missing family member is still missing. We're at 11 days. Just hoping and praying at this point.

The seven stuck in Kandahar are in real danger. The Taliban announced an intent to commit genocide against their tribe within 48 hours and they're having trouble leaving. Working around the clock to get them out...somehow.

Whatever you guys did, it scared the bejeezus out of them because they put the money in the account TODAY! You guys are amazing!! This crew is utterly impossible to stop! I can't say enough good things about all of you!

This is huge and really helps us keep the folks we have in Pakistan safe and sheltered.

The missing family member is still missing. We're at 11 days. Just hoping and praying at this point.

The seven stuck in Kandahar are in real danger. The Taliban announced an intent to commit genocide against their tribe within 48 hours and they're having trouble leaving. Working around the clock to get them out...somehow.
Great news and bad news at the same time. Happy you got the money but distressing that you have that many family members unaccounted for.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back