PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Appeal for Help: Wife's Family Desperate to Get Out of Afghanistan (UPDATE 20 FEB: THIRD OPTION COMING ABOUT! FOSTERING HOPE IN DESPAIR)

Huge news! Seven more made it out of Afghanistan to a third country! The good news is that they are safe from the Taliban. The challenge is that they still have to keep a low profile in this third country as authorities are extorting Afghans for money to be safe from being repatriated. So now the race is to get them out of this country and, hopefully, to the US.

The other challenge are the fees associated with the process, but the money raised will go a LONNNNNG way, so I can't thank you all enough!!!

In grim news, still have not heard from the missing family member. We will always hold out hope he will turn up, but are proceeding now as if he won't be able to accompany everyone else to the States at this time.

That's 23 out of 27 that made it to Stage 2 of the Exfil process. Given that many members of the family were on a kill list and belong to a tribe the Taliban wish to ethnically cleanse, this is a success. And all of you here played a HUGE part in making this happen, and enabling the next steps.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Huge news! Seven more made it out of Afghanistan to a third country! The good news is that they are safe from the Taliban. The challenge is that they still have to keep a low profile in this third country as authorities are extorting Afghans for money to be safe from being repatriated. So now the race is to get them out of this country and, hopefully, to the US.

The other challenge are the fees associated with the process, but the money raised will go a LONNNNNG way, so I can't thank you all enough!!!

In grim news, still have not heard from the missing family member. We will always hold out hope he will turn up, but are proceeding now as if he won't be able to accompany everyone else to the States at this time.

That's 23 out of 27 that made it to Stage 2 of the Exfil process. Given that many members of the family were on a kill list and belong to a tribe the Taliban wish to ethnically cleanse, this is a success. And all of you here played a HUGE part in making this happen, and enabling the next steps.

You love to hear it. What’s the process looking like for getting them back here? Drawn out or are they making exceptions for family and allies?

Phenomenal happy news!

no offense to anyone...really sincerely no offense but this sounds like the Nigerian Prince thing

no offense to anyone...really sincerely no offense but this sounds like the Nigerian Prince thing

I don't know if you're saying this a joke, like an offhand comment that it sounds like it, or if you're really implying this might be a scam. I'm as skeptical as anyone when it comes to donation soliciting, so I don't take any offense to your comment in trying to warn people.

Nikolai has posted about serving in Afghanistan for years. He's a regular board member. And it's not like he's asking for big donations. He isn't asking for additional money. This just isn't the way someone runs a scam, and this isn't a guy running a scam.

It's one of the most worthy causes one could think of, and I'm glad he posted it here. I think it should be sticky'd to the top of the front page, if anything.

Nikolai has been setting us up for the last decade. Lol.

Seriously though, if was someone that I wasn't familiar with on this forum I'd think the same way but personally I have complete confidence that this is the real deal.

Damn. He’s been working on us for 12 years just so he could fleece us for just under $11k? That’s a long hustle.

Best news ive seen, or heard all day

Last edited:
I wanted to give a quick update. Our family escaped a dragnet by the local police where they are, looking for Afghans to rough up, extort, or possibly repatriate. It's ratcheted up the urgency we're operating under, but the family is taking intelligent precautions and we think that has been a huge factor in them staying safe.

We are working the Humanitarian Parole process and the quick math says the fees ($575) will add up to 575 x 23 = 13225. So, as you can see, the money raised here will help tremendously! I can't thank you enough. While it is possible for us to file the HP forms with a fee waiver, I was advised that HP applications with no fees are placed at the lowest priority, which is to say they are functionally ignored, and a waste of time. I don't want to take the chance. We want our people out as soon as possible.

Though many of them do not have passports, we are told that an approved HP functions as a travel document, so this could be a massive win.

The bad news...

The 24th is still missing. We found out that one of his relatives in a European country heard from him a day after we did, and that he sounded terrified and was being actively hunted at that moment. Since then, there has been nothing.

The atrocities coming out of Afghanistan are horrific. The Taliban have stepped up their genocide by murdering children, sometimes instead of the parents, likely to ensure the families do not survive beyond this generation. The killing campaign is more prolific than at any point in their history, including the 1990s.

One of the organizations I am working with is running into walls trying to get people out. It's becoming more difficult than ever to get them out, just as the walls close in on our allies and families. Pray for Afghanistan, or send happy thoughts.

I wanted to give a quick update. Our family escaped a dragnet by the local police where they are, looking for Afghans to rough up, extort, or possibly repatriate. It's ratcheted up the urgency we're operating under, but the family is taking intelligent precautions and we think that has been a huge factor in them staying safe.

We are working the Humanitarian Parole process and the quick math says the fees ($575) will add up to 575 x 23 = 13225. So, as you can see, the money raised here will help tremendously! I can't thank you enough. While it is possible for us to file the HP forms with a fee waiver, I was advised that HP applications with no fees are placed at the lowest priority, which is to say they are functionally ignored, and a waste of time. I don't want to take the chance. We want our people out as soon as possible.

Though many of them do not have passports, we are told that an approved HP functions as a travel document, so this could be a massive win.

The bad news...

The 24th is still missing. We found out that one of his relatives in a European country heard from him a day after we did, and that he sounded terrified and was being actively hunted at that moment. Since then, there has been nothing.

The atrocities coming out of Afghanistan are horrific. The Taliban have stepped up their genocide by murdering children, sometimes instead of the parents, likely to ensure the families do not survive beyond this generation. The killing campaign is more prolific than at any point in their history, including the 1990s.

One of the organizations I am working with is running into walls trying to get people out. It's becoming more difficult than ever to get them out, just as the walls close in on our allies and families. Pray for Afghanistan, or send happy thoughts.

Nikolai,

Thanks for the update. That is horrific about the children. Disgusting.

Could you please provide Venmo or Zelle info?

The bad news...

Nikolai,
Again, wow. Gobsmacked and horrified everytime I read your updates.
I'm also struck by how little of this is generally known by the public here. Are you aware of efforts to publicize all that's going on and the Taliban's ambitions and activities?
And is there good source material about the tribes and tribal warfare, for people ignorant like I am?
If you don't have emotional bandwidth or time to address this, I understand.

Happy gameday everyone! Hopefully this won't get lost in the sauce, but there's some HUGE news that I wanted to confirm and act on before I posted here.

WE FOUND THE 24th FAMILY MEMBER ALIVE!!!! The Taliban came to his house and he somehow hid from them and was essentially too terrified to move or even use his phone for weeks. I can't blame him. We sent people in to get him out and move him to a third country, which we successfully accomplished yesterday. He's not out of the woods yet. Because he is so highly sought after, we won't feel truly good until he's in a western country.

The less good news is that the Humanitarian Parole option will take months up to a year, so we will be supporting our family for a while. We are working options for a variety of exfil options, some easier, some more difficult, some cheap, some costly. The most important thing is that they are still alive two months into this nightmare.

Every living family member is out of Afghanistan, and that it is a HUGE blessing!!!

There are still thousands stranded behind, and with the dwindling number of volunteers and interest in the western world, it's become overwhelming on the few of us still working this. I can't keep up with the emails and pleas for help and it's sometimes depressing to be honest, especially because the killing campaign keeps going, adding more innocent men, women, and children to the list of those murdered.

I'm hoping that with the heat dying down, that maybe there can be more efficient back channels to achieve what we all hope for; the fulfillment of a promise we made over the years.

Happy gameday everyone! Hopefully this won't get lost in the sauce, but there's some HUGE news that I wanted to confirm and act on before I posted here.

WE FOUND THE 24th FAMILY MEMBER ALIVE!!!! The Taliban came to his house and he somehow hid from them and was essentially too terrified to move or even use his phone for weeks. I can't blame him. We sent people in to get him out and move him to a third country, which we successfully accomplished yesterday. He's not out of the woods yet. Because he is so highly sought after, we won't feel truly good until he's in a western country.

The less good news is that the Humanitarian Parole option will take months up to a year, so we will be supporting our family for a while. We are working options for a variety of exfil options, some easier, some more difficult, some cheap, some costly. The most important thing is that they are still alive two months into this nightmare.

Every living family member is out of Afghanistan, and that it is a HUGE blessing!!!

There are still thousands stranded behind, and with the dwindling number of volunteers and interest in the western world, it's become overwhelming on the few of us still working this. I can't keep up with the emails and pleas for help and it's sometimes depressing to be honest, especially because the killing campaign keeps going, adding more innocent men, women, and children to the list of those murdered.

I'm hoping that with the heat dying down, that maybe there can be more efficient back channels to achieve what we all hope for; the fulfillment of a promise we made over the years.

A year? Are there other western countries with less stringent immigration policies?

I assume that you have an immigration lawyer. It would seem that this case should be or could be expedited.

Keep up the good work Nikolai. Thanks for the update.

You're a special man, brother. In my prayers every day, and will continue to be. God bless!

A year? Are there other western countries with less stringent immigration policies?

I assume that you have an immigration lawyer. It would seem that this case should be or could be expedited.

Keep up the good work Nikolai. Thanks for the update.

There are a couple other options that have popped up, and we're exploring them now. As you imply, the US isn't the only option, even if it's preferred. If it's somewhere else, it's just a good excuse to travel somewhere new!

I'm working with a couple different firms, but the issue is that there are thousands of these cases, and even the law firms are overwhelmed.

Thank you! It's good to be stateside, so at least my wife and I can work together better on all this.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back