PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AP In Massive Debt?

I feel so sorry for him. Apparently AP had an extravagant 30th birthday party. He paid for 320 people’s first class plane tickets and hotel rooms. He had a throne built and a giant humidor and a bunch of strippers. He topped it all off by announcing he was having his 8th kid.

Barstool Sports
Screen-Shot-2019-07-24-at-12.22.12-PM.png

lol

I feel so sorry for him. Apparently AP had an extravagant 30th birthday party. He paid for 320 people’s first class plane tickets and hotel rooms. He had a throne built and a giant humidor and a bunch of strippers. He topped it all off by announcing he was having his 8th kid.

Barstool Sports

What. An. Idiot.

I bet 95% of the people in that room won't acknowledge his existence in 20 years when hes broke living in a van down by the river.

What. An. Idiot.

I bet 95% of the people in that room won't acknowledge his existence in 20 years when hes broke living in a van down by the river.
That's the big problem with a lot of these guys. They surround themselves with users and hanger-ons. Leaches who find their way into the inner circle and somehow get access to the money.

My current vehicle with 128K is paid off in 2 months.

My last vehicle lasted 250, 000 when I traded it in. I will accept the depreciation because i keep them until just before the end of their life. I have no car cost after the loan is satisfied.

sure.....whatever works for you.....but to say 'never lease' is ridiculous.......some people don't want to spend have of their lives driving a piece of ****

Barstool Sports
See this is why I don't buy the "he grew up poor, he doesn't know how to handle money" excuse. You don't need your CFA to know that the above behavior is not exactly fiscally sound.

That's the big problem with a lot of these guys. They surround themselves with users and hanger-ons. Leaches who find their way into the inner circle and somehow get access to the money.
Leaches come in many forms
A friend is a big time money manager whose niche is MLB mega stars (9 figure contract players)
Asked him once why he can’t get a foothold in the NFL player pool and his answer was surprising. The big time NFL agents have so much control over their financially undereducated clients and the agents goal is to always steer clients’ business to money managers that the agent has relationships with and influence over....relationships that often include referral fees ..... aka.....kickbacks.
Plus the fact that NFL players show less control in their spending habits because of their alpha mindset....to constantly demonstrate who the big dog is.
My money manager friend has guys with $100+ million MLB contracts on monthly budgets while the $60 million NFL knuckle heads are in S Beach driving their customized Roll Royce’s up and down Ocean Blvd making it rain Baller style.

Its baffling more high schools and colleges don't teach basic Money 101 type classes.

What is interest?
How do you buy a car?
What are heath care costs? When should I think about setting money aside for assisted living expenses?
What is a mortgage? Why refinance? Why do I get these letters in the mail every 6 months telling me my note has been transferred?
What is a 401k?
What is the difference vs whole v term life insurance? When is one more appropriate than the other?
What goes in a last will and testament? What are my beneficiary's tax implications? How do I reduce them?

Financial life is hard for just regular dudes like us. I can't even fathom what it is like when they have 455 people trying to burn a hole in their wallet.

probably because that's what parents are supposed to teach

Barstool Sports
Can’t blame him, though. He didn’t have anyone who could give him good financial advice growing up. Nobody to show him that maybe springing for that many first class tickets, hotel rooms, alcohol and food required, strippers, and a ****ing camel was just a tad bit ill-advised financially.

Can’t blame him, though. He didn’t have anyone who could give him good financial advice growing up. Nobody to show him that maybe springing for that many first class tickets, hotel rooms, alcohol and food required, strippers, and a ****ing camel was just a tad bit ill-advised financially.

At least he showed some restraint, the camel was only rented.

probably because that's what parents are supposed to teach
Parents are supposed to do a lot of things that they don’t end up doing. Especially in the hood and the trailer park where the kids are just more money on the government check. It couldn’t hurt to introduce finance classes at an early age to kids. There’s literally zero downside to it. And you can still teach them other useless **** that there’s a massive chance they won’t need to know (such as the mitochondria being the powerhouse of the cell).

The one and only epicenter of culture and diversity also known as Kingston, NH where we have 2 pizza places and 2 gun shops.
I've been there.

I picked eggs in Hollis. Lived in Hudson and Salem.

I've been there.

I picked eggs in Hollis. Lived in Hudson and Salem.
Yea if you've been to Kingston you are in n out in a minute.

Be fair. I bet your parents didn't tell you not to rent a camel for your birthday either :p

Like half the town's in NE.

Dunstable MA had a store and post office.
Next thing you know, they’ll be getting a telegraph and maybe the railroad will come through.

Derrick Thomas family had to sell his clothes and shoes to pay off his estate.

Next thing you know, they’ll be getting a telegraph and maybe the railroad will come through.
The 1 police officer was busy trying catch people driving 31 in a 30 zone.

The 1 police officer was busy trying catch people driving 31 in a 30 zone.
We have a state park and back in the late 80s a hispanic boy drowned. Horrible.

When asked on the evening news out of WMUR in Manchester about the child's identity, our police chief says, "We know he ain't from here because he spoke Spanish.".

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back