PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone Interested in a Football Pool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I am not sure if you guys already have one of these set up, or it is something that no one would be interested in, but I thought I would mention it before the deadline for signing up passes (which is 9/7).

I created the pool so that things are up and running if people want to sign up.

Here is a quick description from the website:

Take arm-chair quarterbacking to a new level! Create a Pro Football Pick'em and compete against your friends to see who knows football better! Our Pro Football Pick'em supports multiple game formats.

When you create a pool, you specify all of the game features. You can pick as few as 1 game per week or all games, play against the spread or pick straight winners. You can also choose to use weighted picks (confidence pool) or play as a suicide/survivor pool (1 pick/week, 1 loss and you're out!). Setup is done in one easy step!

I set this one up to play all the games, Thurs thru Monday, against the spread.

Here is the sign-up info:

1. Log-in or register (if you have never used this site before).
2. Once you are registered or logged in, select "User Tools" & "Join a Private Pool"
3. Then "Pro-Football Pickem"
4. Pool's Login Name: PatsFansPool
5. Password: tombrady - make sure password is typed exactly like this with no capitals.

Picks need to be in before: 7:30 PM (EST/EDT), 9/7/2006 (for Week 1)

Not sure if any of you are interested in doing this, but I figured it takes about 3 minutes to set up, so I did that way we could get it started and people could sign up before it is too late to play. :)

Please PM me if any one has any more questions about the actual pool (I will try my best to answer) or PM me if you are having trouble/issues signing up.

Hope a few people want to play, the one I played last year was alot of fun.

We could always even work on a prize or something for the the big winner at the end.

(PS the maximum amount of players allowed is 200, but I doubt that many people will actually want to play).

I hope it is ok to have posted this sign up game. I figured it was kind of like a FFL league and I have seen those posted on here. I apologize if I shouldn't have posted this and mods/admin please delete it.

Last edited:
*bump* hoping more people would like to join :)

Just signed up. Looks like it should be fun. Heres hoping a few more join.

Nikki said:
*bump* hoping more people would like to join :)
Sure, I'll do it just because I like your avatar :D ... is that you?

Hmmmm, I don't understand why it is asking you for a Group ID.......

You are trying to join a private pool right? I just signed my dog up and then deleted him using the steps above, and this is what comes up after you login (or register) and you choose "Football Pickem":

Join a Private NFL Pool

To join a Private Pool, enter the Pool's Login Name and Password and click 'Join Pool'.
To join a Public Pool, click HERE to view the Public Pools.

Join a Private Pool here:

Pool's Login Name:

Pool Password:

PS........no that is not me in my avatar, that is LC from Laguna Beach. There is a photo of me and lab Brady though in my profile photo. Sorry, I'm a brunette.

I'm in..................

You are better looking then the avater and I'm in

Last edited:
Nikki said:
Hmmmm, I don't understand why it is asking you for a Group ID.......

You are trying to join a private pool right? I just signed my dog up and then deleted him using the steps above, and this is what comes up after you login (or register) and you choose "Football Pickem":

PS........no that is not me in my avatar, that is LC from Laguna Beach. There is a photo of me and lab Brady though in my profile photo. Sorry, I'm a brunette.
You and Brady are both brunettes! Not that there's anything wrong with that... :D or you, from what I can see of that tiny picture.

edit: I was able to register and join the pool just fine following your well-written instructions. The only problem was it took me a minute or two to find the User Tools menu because it is a different color (blue) than most of the other ones. It's there at the bottom of the items on the left hand side, in case anyone else has the same blindness disease that I do. :)

Last edited:
PromisedLand said:
You and Brady are both brunettes! Not that there's anything wrong with that... :D or you, from what I can see of that tiny picture.

flattery gets you everywhere ;)

Only 2 more days until regular season starts, bumping for anyone else that might want to join :)

Nikki said:
Only 2 more days until regular season starts, bumping for anyone else that might want to join :)
Hey Nikki, when do we have to make our picks for week 1? Is it earlier than usual because of the Thursday night game?

This week's deadline is 7:30 PM (EST/EDT), 9/7/2006

So actually 3 more days to get the picks for this week in :)

Nikki said:
So actually 3 more days to get the picks for this week in :)
Oops, sorry for not reading the earlier posts, buddy. But at least I'm helping you keep the thread on page 1! :D

PromisedLand said:
Oops, sorry for not reading the earlier posts, buddy. But at least I'm helping you keep the thread on page 1! :D

Just another service you offer being the only buddy on my buddy list ;)

LOL :D

Nikki said:

I'm in...........

NEM said:
Boy, nothing like being stabbed in the heart.
Unless, of course, that I am on the OTHER list. :D :D
NEM, she's your FAN, she's my BUDDY. They're different.

You know, like your wife and your girlfriend! :D ;)

Last edited:
NEM said:
Yeah, and I keep getting those two mixed up. :D
Yeah me too, I keep getting your wife mixed up with my girlfriend too! :D :D

Nikki said:

Hey Nikki I may be the only straight male here that knew that was LC. She's cute, but I prefer brunettes. ;)

Oh & I'll try to remember to join the pool later tonight. Just keep this baby bumped to the 1st page. :D

NEM said:
Boy, nothing like being stabbed in the heart.
Unless, of course, that I am on the OTHER list. :D :D

Awww, Nemmy.......gotta try and make ya jealous ;)

bakes781: bumpin' just for you :D

Nikki said:
bakes781: bumpin' just for you :D

:woohoo: do they have a bud's w/ benefits? u could be my bwb :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back