PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else having trouble logging on?

I figured I'd bump this thread for anyone having a problem, since I encountered a problem this morning. ;)

I figured I'd bump this thread for anyone having a problem, since I encountered a problem this morning. ;)

I was having problems today after I 'idled' for a while and actually did real work.
When I came back to the page and clicked on links they wouldnt work. Had to go back to patsfans.com as a start page and go through again. Hopefully was just that I initially opened site before Ian got going fixing things (and not a separate issue).

otherwise, thanks IAN (as always) for all the hard work keeping us miscreants satisfied w/ our pats-habit.

The URL changed. I had the same issue. Reset your bookmark to the page you get to when you go the indirect way.

I've had to do that twice now.

URL appears to have changed back to the old one now, what's going on?

I put in a ticket late last night to have the old configuration file pulled from a back-up from 5 days ago (I put the ticket in around 1am and they finished it about 45 minutes later - which by then I had gone to bed) and it looks like they grabbed it off of Monday's instead, which was configured with the incorrect settings and overwrote the partial changes I made last night. I've switched it back for now (again) and apologize for the glitch. Just trying to work on some things to help out the people with IE who have been having issues and obviously hit a snag. :bricks:

Last edited:
People still use IE? :eek:

So when the glitch is fixed do you know if the URL will be the current one or the one it switched to for a couple of days?

Tech issues though, don't you just love 'em? One of the main reasons I stick to the hardware side of things, so much simpler!

People still use IE? :eek:

So when the glitch is fixed do you know if the URL will be the current one or the one it switched to for a couple of days?

It will be the current one - which is the one it's always been. I hadn't meant to change it in the first place, the settings were unfortunately changed when I updated a plugin on here on Sunday and it overwrote the changes I set up about 5 years ago. What a pain :bricks:

For everyone else, don't adjust your bookmarks. If I'm working on it and you can't get on, go to PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard as that is a permanent URL for the front page of the board and never changes, regardless of whether or not I'm working on something here :cool:

Last edited:
Config file has been fully restored and everything should be working correctly now. :cool:

The hotlink at the drop down menu at the bottom of the page still takes me to a blank page that says "page not found". I can navigate back to the forum if I click the links at the top of the page, though.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just tried it again and it works properly. :cool:

What's going on? Your Buttfumble continuous loop video up there is causing the site to repeatedly crash & freeze everyone's computer who doesn't own some mega-superconductor model, that's what.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back