SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Steelers
Sun
Dec 16th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Shocking Ending
Sunday's loss in Miami was shocking and will likely have the Patriots doing some second-guessing this week.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Anybody Else Psyched to have Walking Dead Back?

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by PatsFanInVa, Feb 8, 2015.

Tags:
  1. AzorianPats

AzorianPats In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,637
    They tried getting real cute with Negan. Love the character, and the actor, but the writing for him, and how it's being portrayed on TV hasn't worked.

It's fair to say so far the Negan storyline on the show has been a bust. Hopefully that changes.

• Agree Agree x 1

2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Josh Gordon's locker is next to Brady's. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Looks like we’ll maybe get a clunker in 8-04. I would say 8-05 if I didn’t suspect that we’ll get a lot of background about Negan’s character. They really need to cut this show down to 10-12 episodes and follow more than one story per episode.

3. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +6,654
    I think they save his background for when hes in the cell Morgan built.

I was thinking Eugene?

4. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Yesterday’s episode was really good and showed how good this show can be when multiple storylines are followed and they stay away from concentrating on one character for a single episode. Funny thing see Morales come back. I was watching the last episode he was in from season one on a re-run a couple of weeks ago and found myself wondering what happened to him and his family.

5. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    It’s crazy how much better this show is when they follow multiple characters and multiple storylines in an episode. The last 3 episodes have been night and day better than the vast majority of episodes from last season.

6. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,111
    I watched the first episode and thought it was aight. The speechifying had me looking at my watch, the action was dumb ("shoot the glass", not taking an easy shot at Negan, etc), and the plot didn't seem to move forward all that much. I can see where there's potential...I might check it out, but I've got one foot out the door.

7. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Yeah the action has been a welcome change. I just don’t see why they needed to spend 3 episodes on the attack on the Saviors.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,111
    So it sounds like they're still doing the narrative drag, but instead of tying up that time in conversation and planning, it's tied up in action that goes kinda nowhere?

9. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    It went somewhere this past week, but episode 2 was kind of pointless. It entertained me, but it was pointless nonetheless.

10. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
    They shot out the glass as a nod to Ricks broken window theory. It's psychological warfare. Makes it seem like things are falling apart even if you have a roof.

I really liked the systematic takedown of the saviors.

I really like the way this season is shaping up and the MSF will make the war that much more real.

11. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
    Curious what people think of "Gracie" and her bunny?

Think Judith dies and Rick raises her? It looked like "Gracies" bunny in the flash foward or w/e.

Again tho I'm think that's fake since it has Weird Als "parody" song playing and the red eye Rick is real.

12. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Last night's episode was easily the best of the season and would have been the best of S7. It's about time they started to build some layers into Negan's character. You can also see the beginning of the "let my mercy outweigh my wrath" Rick come into form as, in seasons past, he would have been fine with Darryl's plan. Episodes like last night's are what make this show so frustrating to follow. They can write episodes like that every week, but due to some combination of ineptitude by the writers and AMC's penny-pinching, they don't.

13. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
    I'll just leave this here. Wrap party pic. Always fun to see who's not there and why? tumblr_ozoolrGABW1wx3lx6o1_1280.jpg

14. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
    We'll find out who's the Crossover after TWD.

All signs pointing to Abe, Eugene, Ro

15. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Nice filler episode. Oh no! The King is waffling over his leadership! A plodding, solo episode sometime after the mid season premiere will deal with that! Why did their plan include the garbage people again? This hour episode could have been wrapped up in about 15 minutes of dialogue at the beginning of the episode. At least they concentrated on multiple storylines again.

16. AzorianPats

Ratings:
    +2,637
    They don’t need 16 episodes a season. Bring it down to 10-12 the most.

I’m on the verge of quitting the show.

17. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
    Morgan will be on Fear full time. 2 OG's gone.

18. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    I'm riding out the rest of the season before I make that decision. But I agree. I think 12 would be ideal. This last episode was clearly, CLEARLY just stalling for time before the MSF.

19. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
    It's amazing the show was ever good tbh.

They ****ed Darabont.

****ed up the $ who knows how.
    TWD is a huge show that brings in millions. No need for such a cheap budget.

How no one sat down Gimple and said "Hey enough with this arsty bs". Is beyond me. There are places & times for it but Gimple relies on time play too much.

Gave the keys to the make up guy. Nic is talented but that jump from make up to almost full time director is huge.

The cliffhanger might have been the worst idea in TV the last 25 years. The audience needed to feel that organically and AMC blew that load into a tissue. Just awful and I've always felt that way.

Extending on that, it should have Daryl or Carl getting Lucille'd. Greatest impact and both characters, mostly Daryl, are stagnant and have been.

Negan. My fav character in the comics. Unbelievably complex. JDM was fire in his opening but the writing and dark comedy aren't there. It was always gunna be tough but it's not working.

I thought Ray Stevenson or Durand would have been perfect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. AzorianPats

Ratings:
    +2,637
    Agreed on all points.

I actually think Scott Gimple sucks. He tries getting to cute in his writing of the show, and even his appearances on the talking dead.

Carl, Daryl, Carol overstayed their welcome on the show. They’re just forcing stuff with them now.

Both cliffhangers just sucked. The Glen fake death and the Negan kill. They’ve never recovered from that.

• Agree Agree x 1