PatsFans.com - Mobile
PatsFans.com
Search

Any wisdom on selecting/using self storage unit? First time user here.

2021 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: at Bills
Pick Results: NE: 83.1% at BUF: 16.9%

Mon
Dec 6th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

betterthanthealternative

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
WIll be using one to facilitate gradually moving out of our house B4 we find our next one. Any advice welcome.
I'm in the DC area so don't bother suggesting "the best ones" in the Boston area. Looking for more general advice.
Thanks in advance.

denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
They are rather pricey these days. Don't rent one that is too big for your needs. Box up everything you can. Label stuff if you think you might need to find something between moves.

aluminum seats

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
WIll be using one to facilitate gradually moving out of our house B4 we find our next one. Any advice welcome.
I'm in the DC area so don't bother suggesting "the best ones" in the Boston area. Looking for more general advice.
Thanks in advance.
Don’t know your exact circumstances, but I would probably suggest saving your money for now. As you go through stuff you’ll probably throw and/or give a lot of stuff away, so you already have the space you really need for the stuff that you have. Then if you move to a smaller place and there’s stuff you want to keep, then go ahead and get the storage space.

betterthanthealternative

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Pay your storage fee so you don’t later see people pawing through your stuff on Storage Wars, saying “nothing but crap here”

Or don't, and put a bunch of bins in there with misleading labels, then get out the popcorn.
Seriously, I wonder if people in their common locations (Las Vegas, CA) troll them this way. I'm sure the producers would eliminate it, but fun.

betterthanthealternative

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Don’t know your exact circumstances, but I would probably suggest saving your money for now. As you go through stuff you’ll probably throw and/or give a lot of stuff away, so you already have the space you really need for the stuff that you have. Then if you move to a smaller place and there’s stuff you want to keep, then go ahead and get the storage space.

Planning on getting a smallish one to encourage an increase in discardation.

Pape

In the Starting Line-Up
Thanks in advance.
yes. sell everything you own.

screw the self storage.

buy more sh it when you find your new home.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Get one with its own garage door.

Not the ones where you have haul everything in and out down a narrow hall.

Some have the manager living on site. I preferred those.

Kontradiction

Dr. P-ussy
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Depending on what you’re storing, air conditioned/heated is a must.