PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any FA names (not our own) you would like to see brought in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
?

Was KGH released due to injury? Is that the difference?
BB didn’t want to lose him, and thought he could sneak him on to the waiver wire. Clearly he was wrong.

BB on KGH back in November.
“Yeah, he’s certainly a guy that we wanted to continue to work with,” added Belichick. “At that point, we felt like there were other people ahead of him, but that he had a future in the league. We wanted to work with him, and we didn’t have the opportunity. But that’s what happens that time of year.”

Biggest thing is Age with Sanders. He'll be 33 during next season. Rather get some younger talent in here.
If Brady is coming back, we need guys that are good right now and he fits like a glove.

If we are going to lose KvN and Collins, I would like to see the team go after Schobert, KGH, Fowler & Judon. 2 of any of that combination would be great.

If Brady is coming back, we need guys that are good right now and he fits like a glove.
I’d be curious to know how hard they went after him back in October.

I think we need to sign 4 outside free agents.

1.) Dt a Shawn Robinson - we desperately need Two two gapping fatties up front.
2.) Wr aj green - we take flyer on his health and hope he has 2 more seasons in those legs.
3.) CB Poole - after we punt j mccourty, Poole makes great sense as a veteran who can make plays in press man coverage and off coverage,
4.) wr pharaoh cooper - a young veteran that is slippery and able to create separation. Also can return kicks.

OK Cousins, Three inexpensive WR to make way for 3 expensive TEs.

Good one on Pharoh Cooper. Had 25 Catches as an afterthought in AZ with a rookie QB. A little bigger than you think. Intermediate and short routes are his forte. A bit of Anquan Boldin in him. and still young. Been one of the best return men in the League. When we lost Patterson, that hurt. We have no KR/PR. He'd be very valuable here.

Been harping on Rishard Higgins for two years. We could have had hin last year as an UFA for $2.2mm.

Tajae Sharpe, WR, Why? O Drops. 9th in the League with 4.8 yard cushion (gets open) Catch rate 71.4% 7th in the League and QB rating when targeted 138,8% 2nd best in the League. This kid is a sleeper. What were we in drops in 2019........ Top five in Drops?

A.J. Green? Might be the cost of those above three WR. If reasonable? Yes.

I am loading up on the TE position and paying. I would see the Pats going all in on not just one TE but both of them (Hooper and Hunter Henry) who are still young. Look how well the Pats used to do with a two TE set. The Raven utilized all three TEs. The Eagles killed us with two TE's in the Suoer Bowl. Hooper and Henry are at least $20mm on our CAP. I still want one more TE. I would try and trade for O.J. Howard, but take Eifert as he stayed healthy this year.

As a Saftey, I am thanking McCourty for the good times and investing that money in Justin Simmons at Saftey.

Sony Michel has had some good games but is a mediocre RB in the NFL. He has week knees and is not a bell cow running back, You Drafted that guy in 2019 Harris. I am going for Kenyan Drake. He was traded mid year from one weak team to another, Here's the thing. Not only can Drake rush, he's had 50 receptions a year at least the last two years. I am looking to trade Michel who is not a pass catch treat for sure. He's had 19 receptions in two years.

Joe Schubert is an excellent LB who played well for the Browns. He has a little bit of Teddy in him.

Notice, every one of these guys are young.

Now experienced FAs. Considering cost as well here:

Tackle: Cannon was terrible at RT. I am on Bryan Bulaga. He's a top RT when Healthy

Guard: We will lose Thuney. Good for him. He got his ring and now it's on to his family.I am looking at Joe Haeg. Played three positions at Indy. Only 2 holding penalties in his 4 year Pro career. Versatile. The Colts OL was considered one of the best. I am resigning Karras and hoping last year's Draft will produce at least one good OL addition.

DT: Leonard Williams. Can be devastating if used correctly. (Still re-upping Sheldon as he played well)

DE: Carl Nassib. Can set the edge against the run

OLB/DE. I am trading Hightower. Still has value but he did not play well IMO. Looked painstakingly slow. I am resigning Collins.
I think a Kyler Fackrell might work. 10.5 sacks in 2018 but sat behind the big dollar Smith Brothers this year. Winovitch and Simon get more snaps

S: I mentioned Simmons but Harmon and Chung had off years. Chung gets banged up every game. Jeff Heath IMO is better than either right now in coverage and tackling.

I am letting Gostkowki go. Too expensive Too many extra points missed. I will take my chances with Folk.

QB: I am going for Marcus Mariota. Working with Josh is an experiment I would like to see. He's only 26. I am sure Vrabel will give BB the info on him. He can move which is a trait the QBs of today require.
If they think it's Stidham then I am trading for Andy Dalton (unless they release him) to give the kid a little more grow-up time.
Or in a shocker, I am trading for Derek Carr. He's another candidate for the School of Josh.

DW Toys

Last edited:
The infrequent use of Burkhead is criminal
Amen...Why Skippy had Kneal Harryet on the field during 3rd/< 4 yards to go situations (e.g. the first drive vs the Titties) instead of Burkhead as part of a 2-RB set was one of the biggest mis-uses
of in-game personnel of the entire season.

Regarding defense, whom we re-sign will go a long way toward determining whom we should target, much more so than on offense where we still have major needs even if everybody is re-signed. So even if Shelton returns, we still need at least one more wide-body, and of those scheduled to be available I would love to see Andrew Billings here (if the Price is Right of course), whom Little Billy should've drafted instead of predictable bust Fat Vinnie Valentino. Zachary Kerr would be a cheaper but older alternative.

At Safety, and considering the ages & salaries of those already in the building, I feel that the draft is the way to go. Chung's finished here (or at least should be), and sadly Bill already blew one chance to secure his replacement. Let's hope that he doesn't blow another one this year.

Last edited:
Ravens fans seem to think Judon is going to get something in the $16-18 million range. The $16 million franchise tag appears to be in play too.

I don't see the Ravens' tagging him.. He's not in the Terrell Suggs/Ray Lewis level of player.

?

Was KGH released due to injury? Is that the difference?

His contract is up according to OTC.

As for KGH, the Pats were trying to get him to the PS. He is whom they wanted to be the Hybrid LB/S. Difference between him and Tomlinson is huge.. Tomlinson was a "last resort" type signing because of the Patriots issues at FB and TE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes