PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any FA names (not our own) you would like to see brought in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Pierce, NT - BAL
Mike Glennon, QB - OAK
Jonathan Williams, RB - IND
Tajae Sharpe, WR - TEN
Blake Bell, TE - KC
Erik Tomlinson, TE - OAK
Stephen Weatherly, DE - MIN
DeAndre Houston-Carson, S - CHI

Why would they bring back Tomlinson when he couldn't get it done the first time around?
Why would you bring in Jonathan Williams when it was the O-Line Depth that was an issue?
Is Glennon better than either Kessler or Stidham?

Christian Covington to help with the D-line.
Matt Judon for DE.
Like idea of Reader or Hargreaves to completely replace Shelton.

Markus Golden - DE/OLB
Kamalei Correa - DE/OLB

Kamu Grugier-Hill for the LB/S role if the Pats don't have Williams penciled in there.
Vaitai for Swing Tackle

For Centers, since both Karras and Ferentz are UFA:
Brett Jones
Wiesnewski would be another vet interior lineman to look at.

For WR:
I'd look at Randall Cobb as a compliment to Edelman, Sanu, Harry, Meyers. Either that, or I'd look to the draft to find another receiver to work the outside as well as who can kick return.

With Fitzgerald deciding to go back to Arizona, not sure who else will be worth the money. Certainly not Amendola or Emmanuel Sanders. And Amari Cooper is going to get paid in the 15M -20M APY range.

I think that we're going to see a lot of money thrown at CBs this off-season as there are a ton of young, mid-twenties talented players due for some big raises.

Matt Judon for DE.

Markus Golden - DE/OLB
Kamalei Correa - DE/OLB

Kamu Grugier-Hill for the LB/S role if the Pats don't have Williams penciled in there.
Vaitai for Swing Tackle

Brett Jones

For WR:
I'd look at Randall Cobb as a compliment to Edelman, Sanu, Harry, Meyers. Either that, or I'd look to the draft to find another receiver to work the outside as well as who can kick return.

With Fitzgerald deciding to go back to Arizona, not sure who else will be worth the money. Certainly not Amendola or Emmanuel Sanders. And Amari Cooper is going to get paid in the 15M -20M APY range.

I think that we're going to see a lot of money thrown at CBs this off-season as there are a ton of young, mid-twenties talented players due for some big raises.

This is a really solid list. Especially the additions at LB & DL. Signing Reader & KGH would be amazing. I really like Judon as well, just not sure what the plans are for Chase in the offseason. Curious to see if they move him to LB full-time or mostly, and keep Simon and Guy on the edges.

This is a really solid list. Especially the additions at LB & DL. Signing Reader & KGH would be amazing. I really like Judon as well, just not sure what the plans are for Chase in the offseason. Curious to see if they move him to LB full-time or mostly, and keep Simon and Guy on the edges.

See. I think bringing in Judon allows them to keep Winovich and Simon in a fresh rotation. I think that Wise, Butler, Guy is another good rotation. I do expect them to DRAFT a LB early who they feel could be an OLB type like Collins..

For WR:

Cobb makes sense for what he probably costs and seems to round out that WR group to some extent. If they can get a decent TE too (Henry?) and the run game improves a little then it’s probably good enough.

WR:
Manny Sanders
Danny Playoffs
Demarcus Robinson
And for less-expensive competition with Meyers for the #5/6 - Jaron Brown, Tajae Sharpe
& Rashad Higgins

TE:
Too expensive - Eric Ebron & Hunter Henry
Expensive but worth it - Austin Hooper
Undependable - Tyler Eifert
Decent-enough #2s and less expensive than those above - Nick Vannett & Charles Clay

IOL (assuming Thuney is gone):
Andrus Peat, if his medicals are OKed & he's not too expensive
Starting potential - Connor McGovern, Wes Schweitzer, BJ Finney, Joe Haeg
Likely too expensive - Graham Glasgow

OT (assuming Cannon isn't cut):
ol' friend Adrian LaWaddle, if his medicals are OKed
Darryl Williams - versatility might make him too expensive
LaRaven Clark
Brandon Shell, Kelvin Beachum - but too much JETE stank?
Too Expensive - Tony Castonzo, Jack Conklin

Last edited:
Matt Judon for DE.

Markus Golden - DE/OLB
Kamalei Correa - DE/OLB

Vaitai for Swing Tackle

Brett Jones

For WR:

Why not Sanders?

See. I think bringing in Judon allows them to keep Winovich and Simon in a fresh rotation. I think that Wise, Butler, Guy is another good rotation. I do expect them to DRAFT a LB early who they feel could be an OLB type like Collins..

Definitely agree. I'm not a coach obviously, but keeping the d-line fresh is paramount. Not to mention you need versatile pieces to move around depending on the opponent and situation. I love Winovich and Simon and like the versatility and motor they provide. Butler and Guy are solid and play hard (Especially Guy). Wise is mostly a depth piece that can spell guys, but he isn't terrible and is probably cheap with his contract. Judon would be a nice addition

How large of a contract do you think Judon will command?

Justin Simmons, S, Denver
Connor McGovern, C, Denver

Both played 100% of the snaps last season and performed well above their draft status.
Both are 27 and play at positions where we need depth.

Dion Lewis is almost certain to be a cap casualty and I would be happy if he was brought back, though I think he'll go elsewhere for a chance to play. He could be really nasty if he ends up with, say, the Chiefs.

I’d rather pass on the FA TE’s available because they’re all going to be overpaid in my opinion.

IM also not a fan of any of the TE’s available in the draft. At least from a early contributor aspect.

I think the best move would be to trade a later pick for either O.J Howard or David Nijoku. Actually if you could acquire both that might be huge.

then go after some smaller name DL and resign Collins.

Why not Sanders?

Biggest thing is Age with Sanders. He'll be 33 during next season. Rather get some younger talent in here.

How large of a contract do you think Judon will command?

I think that Judon will command less than Collins, in all honesty.. And with the number of bigger named players available at his position, there won't be as much cash to go around.

TE Hunter Henry is my dream signing. TE Austin Hooper would be my 2nd choice. Sign one of those guys and draft a TE (Albert Okwuebunam is my favorite, a physical beast). Offense is always unstoppable when we play two TEs (I mean 2 TEs who can catch the ball). Hunter is a good blocker too.

Javon Hargreave is an (underrated) beast:

• 3rd in NFL for DTs in pass rushing productivity (sacks, hits & hurries by snaps)
  • above average run defender
  • 3 down player
  • 27 years old & improved each season
He could be a mid level Sheard type signing. He's been overshadowed for years by playing next to studs.

I think that Judon will command less than Collins, in all honesty.. And with the number of bigger named players available at his position, there won't be as much cash to go around.
Ravens fans seem to think Judon is going to get something in the $16-18 million range. The $16 million franchise tag appears to be in play too.

Judon feels like a trap guy, flashy edge rusher on a well-coached team with a decent defense who prices himself off his team but no one is particularly devastated to see go. The Tully Banta-Cain experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes